Jets Draft Position Possibilities (probably 6th)/Rooting Guide

Doggin94it

On 12/26/2017 at 10:49 AM, JiF said:

You've changed your position.  You've gone from nobody had Watson at 6 to now a handful agreed with us that he was the pick.  

And there was no consensus 6th overall pick.  We saw, Adams, Hooker, Allen, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Lattimore, Williams, Fournette, Cook, Howard etc.  Typically, there isn't a consensus on a single pick other than #1 overall because it's damn near impossible to predict the draft.  Other than the years where you're splitting hairs between the 1st overall prospect and the 2nd see; Winston/Mariota, Goff/Wentz... you don't have consensus picks.

The point I was trying to make is that I find it comical that everyone thinks it's a forgone conclusion we're taking a QB in the first round.  It's not.  Like not at all.  In fact, everything about Mac's drafting history says he'll stick to his big board and he doesn't deviate.  Where I'm sitting, I don't see his big board having a QB ranked 8th overall unless Darnold or Rosen fall on draft day.

And nobody was right about anything.  Watson is going to make a full recovery and Bridgewater is back in the league.  The book isn't closed on either of these guys.  No where near it.

If Macc doesn't address QB in free agency, in a big way...someone better than Alex Smith...if he doesn't do that, and the Jets don't draft a QB in round one....Macc probably won't make it out of the building with his job.

At some point he has to improve the position. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macc has shown two very strong preferences to-date:

1. Sticking with his "Big Board" regardless of position.

2. Preference for Veteran QB Signings.

Combine these factors with this years draft class and projected value, and the crop of FA Veteran QB's that will be available or potentially available, and it's hard to see Macc drafting a "reach" like say Mayfield at pick #6-8.  

Sadly, i think we sign a veteran like Alex Smith or Teddy Kneebuckler, draft BAP-as-Macc-sees-it at #6-8 (probably a Defensive player) and if anything go for a lower prospect at a "value" pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, like a Falk or the like.

Tigers don't change their stripes, dogs don't learn new tricks, this is who Macc is as a GM.

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Lets go with the brittle kid from UCLA who doesnt want to play in cleveland? or more realistically the "wild child" from oklahoma that might ruffle too many feathers in the metro area to be the new face of the franchise. Mac will have him rated 5th and he will be there at 8 with his dikkk in his hand.

I think at the end of the day, the upside of Rosen will be too good for teams to pass on despite him being a total dbag (though John Dorsey already said he wants no part of him), I don't think he slides past the Giants or falls to the Jets.  I still think it's Darnold, Rosen or Rosen, Darnold at 1 and 2.

Mayfield?  This is where I disagree.  And I do think the college playoffs will be heavily weighted in his evaluation so I'm reserving the right to change my stance but I don't see how you could have Watson (or Mahomes for that matter) not rated as top 10 picks but you would have Mayfield rated that high.  That just doesn't make any sense to me but I'm not big on Mayfield. 

But then again, this is a dude who took Hack in the 2nd round so maybe he does have him rated that high.  But I don't think so. He certainly doent fit the Mac mold for a QB.  Could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I think at the end of the day, the upside of Rosen will be too good for teams to pass on despite him being a total dbag (though John Dorsey already said he wants no part of him), I don't think he slides past the Giants or falls to the Jets.  I still think it's Darnold, Rosen or Rosen, Darnold at 1 and 2.

Mayfield?  This is where I disagree.  And I do think the college playoffs will be heavily weighted in his evaluation so I'm reserving the right to change my stance but I don't see how you could have Watson (or Mahomes for that matter) not rated as top 10 picks but you would have Mayfield rated that high.  That just doesn't make any sense to me but I'm not big on Mayfield. 

But then again, this is a dude who took Hack in the 2nd round so maybe he does have him rated that high.  But I don't think so. He certainly doent fit the Mac mold for a QB.  Could be wrong though.

You may be right, mayfield doesnt exactly fit the blueprint but I like the kid and I liked watson as well. Despite the critics who said he threw too many int, too short, etc I liked the intangibles and the fact that the kid just won and won a lot. I feel the same way about Mayfield, too short, too ballsy, etc but wins...and wins a lot. 

Bleacher Report Mock Draft after week 16 

2018 NFL Mock Draft

1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2. New York Giants: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

3. Indianapolis Colts: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

5. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans): Connor Williams, OT, Texas

6. Denver Broncos: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

7. San Francisco 49ers: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

8. New York Jets: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

9. Chicago Bears: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

10. Cincinnati Bengals: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

11. Miami Dolphins: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

12. Oakland Raiders: Bradley Chubb, LB, NC State

13. Arizona Cardinals: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

14. Washington: Vita Vea, DT, Washington

15. Green Bay Packers: Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame

16. Los Angeles Chargers: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

17. Buffalo Bills: Derwin James, S, Florida State

18. Detroit Lions: Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State

19. Dallas Cowboys: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa

20. Seattle Seahawks: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State

21. Tennessee Titans: Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma

22. Baltimore Ravens: Harold Landry, LB, Boston College

23. Atlanta Falcons: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan

24. Carolina Panthers: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State

25. Buffalo Bills: Arden Key, DE/OLB, LSU

26. Jacksonville Jaguars: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

27. Los Angeles Rams: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

28. New Orleans Saints: Sam Hubbard, DE/OLB, Ohio State

29. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jerome Baker, OLB, Ohio State

30. Minnesota Vikings: Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas

31. New England Patriots: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

32. Philadelphia Eagles: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If Macc doesn't address QB in free agency, in a big way...someone better than Alex Smith...if he doesn't do that, and the Jets don't draft a QB in round one....Macc probably won't make it out of the building with his job.

At some point he has to improve the position. 

He hasn't had a QB since he's been here and he hasn't done any of these things thus far in his tenure...why is this year different? 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Combine these factors with this years draft class and projected value, and the crop of FA Veteran QB's that will be available or potentially available, and it's hard to see Macc drafting a "reach" like say Mayfield at pick #6-8.  

Sadly, i think we sign a veteran like Alex Smith or Teddy Kneebuckler, draft BAP-as-Macc-sees-it at #6-8 (probably a Defensive player) and if anything go for a lower prospect at a "value" pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, like a Falk or the like.

Tigers don't change their stripes, dogs don't learn new tricks, this is who Macc is as a GM.

3.  He likes the tall, big armed, pocket style QB's.  

I'm with you 100% on this one.  I see it going the exact same way.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

He hasn't had a QB since he's been here and he hasn't done any of these things thus far in his tenure...why is this year different? 

you only get so long man...you can get a pass in your first year, hell, a monkey can bluff his way through a 2nd...at the 3rd year the seat gets pretty hot round these parts

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

3.  He likes the tall, big armed, pocket style QB's.  

I'm with you 100% on this one.  I see it going the exact same way.

I hope you both are wrong cause I'm sick of this shyt. We take no chances and play it safe, no bold moves and no rings. 

It gets old and my dream of going to see my team play live in the super bowl is dying a cold, cruel death. I might have to switch teams to make it a reality.

19 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No I don't think they would but the question is why wouldn't they? All the things I listed in the previous post all point to a franchise on the rise not on the way down. The Giants have a great history but not the outlook and future that the Browns seem to have. At this point the Browns have a lot more to offer in terms of team building than the Giants do. The Giants suspect OL alone would make me shy away from them a lot more than it would Cleveland. I think your letting your wanting a franchise QB so badly for the Jets influence your argument. I get it but knowing Macchole as we do do you really believe he will be able to or want to trade a slew of picks to move up that far? I don't.

Again I think you are looking short term potential success where these players are concerned long term. The Giants organization has been far more stable than the Browns organization. I think the Giants are a train wreck this year so I could see a FA QB picking the Browns over the Giants but I'm not so sure I see a 20 or 21 year old wanting to go to Cleveland given their track record as an organization.

17 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

You may be right, mayfield doesnt exactly fit the blueprint but I like the kid and I liked watson as well. Despite the critics who said he threw too many int, too short, etc I liked the intangibles and the fact that the kid just won and won a lot. I feel the same way about Mayfield, too short, too ballsy, etc but wins...and wins a lot. 

The wins thingy, I want to see him play real competition.  He's had 1 good game vs. the big boys in his career.  This year vs. OSU but OSU was turning over their entire secondary and weren't the same D to start the season compared to how they ended the season. That Big 12 isn't real Football and OU is the alpha dog more than any other team in any other conference. 

Watson was destroying some of the best D's in the country, week in week out for his entire career.  Most of the stuff coming out about him was just pure b.s. coming from totally illegitimate sources. He's also a far superior athlete and 6'2...not possibly under 6'.

Look I get the appeal to Mayfield but he's risky as hell and I've got a really good feeling Georgia is going to expose him.  Remember when they drew Clemson a few years back in the playoffs?  They got off to a hot start and then Clemson figured it out.  Mayfield was lost in the 2nd half, threw 2 picks and they were held to 17pts.  Meanwhile, Watson came out in the 2nd half and led them to 21 points and was on fire.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The wins thingy, I want to see him play real competition.  He's had 1 good game vs. the big boys in his career.  This year vs. OSU but OSU was turning over their entire secondary and weren't the same D to start the season compared to how they ended the season. That Big 12 isn't real Football and OU is the alpha dog more than any other team in any other conference. 

Watson was destroying some of the best D's in the country, week in week out for his entire career.  Most of the stuff coming out about him was just pure b.s. coming from totally illegitimate sources. He's also a far superior athlete and 6'2...not possibly under 6'.

Look I get the appeal to Mayfield but he's risky as hell and I've got a really good feeling Georgia is going to expose him.  Remember when they drew Clemson a few years back in the playoffs?  They got off to a hot start and then Clemson figured it out.  Mayfield was lost in the 2nd half, threw 2 picks and they were held to 17pts.  Meanwhile, Watson came out in the 2nd half and led them to 21 points in the 2nd half and was on fire.

lol yeah watson is not on the same level as mayfield, no question...I only mentioned him because he was another guy i liked and had a lot of criticism coming out. 

8 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

you only get so long man...you can get a pass in your first year, hell, a monkey can bluff his way through a 2nd...at the 3rd year the seat gets pretty hot round these parts

He's literally treated the QB position like an after thought for 3 straight years, but NOW he's serious about it!!!  IDK man, we shall see. 

5 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I hope you both are wrong cause I'm sick of this shyt. We take no chances and play it safe, no bold moves and no rings. 

It gets old and my dream of going to see my team play live in the super bowl is dying a cold, cruel death. I might have to switch teams to make it a reality.

We are all brother.  We all are.  That said, do you want him to draft another Hack but this time in the top 10?  I think he's clearly displayed he has no feel whatsoever on the QB position. 

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think there are more factors in play given what is known about the roster and Macc's potential job security beyond 2018. I see us filling all our holes as best we can in FA and then draft BPA with an emphasis on QB in the 1st. I'd like us to sign McCarron/Bortles/Keenum/Bridgewater along with sitting at our pick because worse case scenario those QBs have an outside chance of succeeding long term. I also don't know how we grade the QB's in the draft, I'd take anyone of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, or Jackson if they fell to our pick

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's literally treated the QB position like an after thought for 3 straight years, but NOW he's serious about it!!!  IDK man, we shall see. 

We are all brother.  We all are.  That said, do you want him to draft another Hack but this time in the top 10?  I think he's clearly displayed he has no feel whatsoever on the QB position. 

To be honest I want to be wrong about him picking the qb. Hell I want to be wrong about Hack too but I dont see it. Just once I'd like to catch lightening in a bottle and pick a guy who actually works out......like the 199th pick in a forgotten round who turns out to be the god damn goat. 

I think I/we earned that shyt dont you? we have earned the right to have our clueless, mundane, coffee drinking, safety picking, by the book/by the board GM hand pick the next QB that we can ride the next 15 years. 

this is one scenario I'm tired of being right about. 

3 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

To be honest I want to be wrong about him picking the qb. Hell I want to be wrong about Hack too but I dont see it. Just once I'd like to catch lightening in a bottle and pick a guy who actually works out......like the 199th pick in a forgotten round who turns out to be the god damn goat. 

I think I/we earned that shyt dont you? we have earned the right to have our clueless, mundane, coffee drinking, safety picking, by the book/by the board GM hand pick the next QB that we can ride the next 15 years. 

this is one scenario I'm tired of being right about. 

From your mouth to Mac's ears. 

We are in this boat together! 

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Believe it or not, the New York Jets aren't that far away from being a winning football team. The defense is proving to be one of the league's toughest young units, and the moves made by this front office to rebuild the wide receiver corps and offensive line have paid off. The moves that haven't paid off? Drafting Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. That's why quarterback is the No. 1 need in New York.

The Jets haven't lost enough games to be in on Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen but could still land Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield in the first round. What's more likely is the team uses its projected $85 million in cap space to sign Kirk Cousins if he becomes available. Cousins, with the weapons already in place plus three picks in the first two rounds, would make the Jets one hell of a competitive team in the AFC.

Without question the most logical thing to have happen. Even if we were to draft Darnold or Rosen, they would likely not be very good the first year and may take 2-3 years to really shine. I think Bowles/Mac want to win now and signing Cousins, then parlaying their 1st round draft into two picks, with the two #2's would help us draft two OL, edge rusher and other offensive skill position.

11 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

What if Rosen, Darnold, and Josh Allen are all gone and then Maccagnon passes on Baker Mayfield? Do we riot? Fire up the "fire Idzik" planes?

We are drafting a defensive player probably Bradley Chubb and as much as I hate Macc I wouldn’t hate that move

Ok you guys who are fearing mac drafting a NON qb with the 7th pick of the draft are plain nuts. 

Macc is not that stupid. In fact nobody in all of football would be that stupid. 

We need a qb in the worst way. We pick 7th. Theres are a lot of qbs in this one. Were getting one. Its FOR SURE

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Again I think you are looking short term potential success where these players are concerned long term. The Giants organization has been far more stable than the Browns organization. I think the Giants are a train wreck this year so I could see a FA QB picking the Browns over the Giants but I'm not so sure I see a 20 or 21 year old wanting to go to Cleveland given their track record as an organization.

I've said it 2 or 3 times in posts you have responded too. The Browns have a football guy in there as a GM now. No more guys without experience but someone who knows what he is doing now. The Giants while an organization with a storied past have a lot of problems now and will be bringing in a new GM and HC. Their starting DB's and safeties have all been suspended this season for breaking team rules and other bullspit. The Giants are a mess right now, with cap problems and no running game or OL. I don't see the same attraction you do.

Furthermore how do you get that I am looking at short term success when I talked about building something from the ground up in Cleveland? I listed their draft picks and cap situations in detail. How can you come to that conclusion? That makes no sense at all.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

This was my MAIN concern when he was hired...Coming from Houston, who he worked with his whole career, they drafted David Carr with their very first pick, he did not pan out, so Houston refused to use another high pick on a QB until last year.  They signed Matt Schaub, and retreads for their whole history, only taking chances with 6th round picks on guys like Tom Savage, BJ Symons, and Alex Brink.

On 12/25/2017 at 10:53 AM, Bugg said:

Fully expect this team to AGAIN pick a non-impact defender, tout the player as the BAP, forget that their offense sucks and think they can get away with playing their scared scam. This franchise is like a plane flying full speed into a cliff.   

They need a QB. If not, I'm outta here. IF Rosen or Mayfield are there and they pass on both, DONE. 

Couldn’t agree more. If they don’t grab a QB in this draft I will not watch them play until they finally get one, which could be years. Problem is even if they do draft a Mayfield or Jackson, you know McClown is coming back and Bowles will play him the entire year just to protect his fat azz. He’ll give off that stupid smirk and say ‘He’s working hard, coming along. There’s no set timetable so we’ll see. Right now McClown gives us the best chance to win’. We could have Johnny Unitas and Bowles would still give us the best chance to lose. 

Spoiler
10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Bleacher Report Mock Draft after week 16 

2018 NFL Mock Draft

1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC

2. New York Giants: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

3. Indianapolis Colts: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

5. Cleveland Browns (via Houston Texans): Connor Williams, OT, Texas

6. Denver Broncos: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame

7. San Francisco 49ers: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

8. New York Jets: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma

9. Chicago Bears: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

10. Cincinnati Bengals: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

11. Miami Dolphins: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

12. Oakland Raiders: Bradley Chubb, LB, NC State

13. Arizona Cardinals: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville

14. Washington: Vita Vea, DT, Washington

15. Green Bay Packers: Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame

16. Los Angeles Chargers: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

17. Buffalo Bills: Derwin James, S, Florida State

18. Detroit Lions: Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State

19. Dallas Cowboys: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa

20. Seattle Seahawks: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State

21. Tennessee Titans: Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma

22. Baltimore Ravens: Harold Landry, LB, Boston College

23. Atlanta Falcons: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan

24. Carolina Panthers: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State

25. Buffalo Bills: Arden Key, DE/OLB, LSU

26. Jacksonville Jaguars: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

27. Los Angeles Rams: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

28. New Orleans Saints: Sam Hubbard, DE/OLB, Ohio State

29. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jerome Baker, OLB, Ohio State

30. Minnesota Vikings: Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas

31. New England Patriots: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

32. Philadelphia Eagles: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

I don't care where we pick as long as we pick Mayfield.

11 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I've said it 2 or 3 times in posts you have responded too. The Browns have a football guy in there as a GM now. No more guys without experience but someone who knows what he is doing now. The Giants while an organization with a storied past have a lot of problems now and will be bringing in a new GM and HC. Their starting DB's and safeties have all been suspended this season for breaking team rules and other bullspit. The Giants are a mess right now, with cap problems and no running game or OL. I don't see the same attraction you do.

Furthermore how do you get that I am looking at short term success when I talked about building something from the ground up in Cleveland? I listed their draft picks and cap situations in detail. How can you come to that conclusion? That makes no sense at all.

You are looking at it from the teams perspective, I was looking at it from the players perspective. A 20 year old QB may not care about salary cap or draft picks if he doesn't believe the team is capable of developing him. I completely agree Cleveland has the tools to turn their fortunes around but I understand why a rookie may not want to go there. It's a mute point though because Darnold would be happy with any team drafting him. Now it's just a matter of him declaring or going back to school for a year. I think if he goes back that is the tell tale sign about his feelings of the Browns, if he comes out then he was honest and doesn't mind where he goes. I don't think the Browns want Rosen at all.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm rooting for a Jets win, I don't care about draft position.  we will likely lose and have a high pick which guarantees nothing but I am a Jet fan and will always root for my team to win.

Would you root little less if we had a competent front office that could make the right pick in the first round? I know I would. I’m rooting for the Jets to win because I’m a fan, love to see the Pats lose home field advantage but mostly because regardless of our draft position we will make exactly the wrong pick. So all in all draft position irrelevant. Just one fatmman’s opinion I don’t expect everyone to agree . 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Would you root little less if we had a competent front office that could make the right pick in the first round? I know I would. I’m rooting for the Jets to win because I’m a fan, love to see the Pats lose home field advantage but mostly because regardless of our draft position we will make exactly the wrong pick. So all in all draft position irrelevant. Just one fatmman’s opinion I don’t expect everyone to agree . 

we don't have control over wins and losses, whether I root for us to win or lose won't help us win or lose so I will always root for us to win.  If we lose and get a higher pick so be it but draft position rarely makes a difference.  If you have the right people in place to make decisions you will get talent anywhere.  I'm not as down on Macc as you but he still has a lot to prove.

If we all agreed wouldn't the board suck? I like debating topics not just agreeing w/ everyone but I mostly agree w/ you here.

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

War, your post really does nail Mac based on his history and what you describe is my nightmare scenario. We pass on Mayfield and end up drafting a defensive tackle or inside LB who is good "value" early. Next he takes a project QB in round three and then signs Nick Foles or AJ McCarron. I really could see this happening.....

9 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

You are looking at it from the teams perspective, I was looking at it from the players perspective. A 20 year old QB may not care about salary cap or draft picks if he doesn't believe the team is capable of developing him. I completely agree Cleveland has the tools to turn their fortunes around but I understand why a rookie may not want to go there. It's a mute point though because Darnold would be happy with any team drafting him. Now it's just a matter of him declaring or going back to school for a year. I think if he goes back that is the tell tale sign about his feelings of the Browns, if he comes out then he was honest and doesn't mind where he goes. I don't think the Browns want Rosen at all.

You can't look at it from the players perspective because you are not that player. Unless you have some intimate knowledge that the rest of us don't know. In a story I read today Darnold said IF he comes out he would play for any team. I take that as he is not going to come out and stay at USC. This is also the first time he has really made any remarks about staying or going that I have read straight from his mouth. Its all speculation and the Jets being able to trade up to the #1 pick looks highly unlikely due to Maccholes unwillingness to surrender draft picks in any draft he has been involved in. Except to move down the pecking order, not up.

45 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You can't look at it from the players perspective because you are not that player. Unless you have some intimate knowledge that the rest of us don't know. In a story I read today Darnold said IF he comes out he would play for any team. I take that as he is not going to come out and stay at USC. This is also the first time he has really made any remarks about staying or going that I have read straight from his mouth. Its all speculation and the Jets being able to trade up to the #1 pick looks highly unlikely due to Maccholes unwillingness to surrender draft picks in any draft he has been involved in. Except to move down the pecking order, not up.

How can you look at it from the teams perspective but I can't look at it as a player? If he decides to stay in school it's the polite way of saying "I'm not going to the Browns" his draft stock literally can not get any higher than #1. I'd agree our chances of trading up to number 1 look incredibly slim but my comment about trading to number 1 was made prior to Darnold making that statement.

Do you think Macc's job is safe if he doesn't find a QB this year? I'd say if his back is against the wall he'll do whatever is needed to keep his job. This is why a strong offer to Cousins seems like a high probability in my mind. I'm certainly not against it, I'd hope it's structured right but the move makes sense if Macc wants to keep his job.

What makes you think he won't trade up? Year 1 those picks weren't for sale, year 2 he tried to trade up for #1 but we didn't have enough ammo to go up and get it since we were picking 20th. He also tried to trade up for Tunsil but again not enough ammo. Year 3 we had a choice of 2 QBs that not many people we sold on. Where in that string of logic does it look like he's unwilling to move up?

11 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I'm rooting for a Jets win, I don't care about draft position.  we will likely lose and have a high pick which guarantees nothing but I am a Jet fan and will always root for my team to win.

I’m rooting for us not only lose but get blown out

Archived