Josh Allen Did Very Well

Grandy

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First let me make clear that these aren't my personal feelings but rather an observation by that which I see around me.  I'd take an orange quarterback if he could win a division and get me a home playoff game, trust me.

If you think about it, the fans were completely energized when Pennington stepped in to replace Testaverde (who was practically black), and then when Sanchez stepped in to replace Favre (Mississippi so had some black in him) and then of course when Fitzpatrick took out Geno Smith (who was really black) and Mike Vick (who was slightly black).

So there's a trend here.

SAR I

I live in the same town as Favre. Hattiesburg, Mississippi. This was actually pretty weird of a statement to make. What exactly were you trying to get at there? Secondly, Mark Sanchez was Mexican.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm a PSL owner, I sit around 100s of other PSL owners, I know what they've said, I know what they've shouted during their boo's, and I know how they think and it's a fact.  A franchise struggling to sell season tickets isn't going to be interested in a quarterback that isn't box office friendly.

SAR I

You sit outside? I thought you had money? 

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s not fact.  Show me statistics.  If you can’t, it’s not fact. 

Which you cant ..... so it’s not fact.

SAR I

“- Cowboys quarterback Mark Sanchez is an American sports star who is proud of his Hispanic, and more specifically, Mexican, roots.

As a way to honor his heritage, Sanchez managed the difficult task of learning to speak Spanish on his own, as an adult. He felt he needed to communicate more directly with who he calls his people, his fans and countrymen.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/onenacion/post/_/id/5628/mark-sanchez-knows-much-more-than-a-word-or-two-in-spanish

But i’m more concerned with your comments about Mississippi if we are being honest.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ken O'Brien was a joke.  A frightened happy feet interception machine.  As a 5 year veteran at age 28, threw 39 interceptions in his last 3 seasons.  8 years as a Jets starter, not a single playoff win to his name.

Vinny Testaverde won 1 playoff game, got 10 points as a gift in the AFCCG with Parcells and Belihick as support and did nothing with it, injured himself lunging for a meaningless fumble in 1999, and then got old immediately and wasted our 2000 and 2001 seasons, and cost us a first round bye and perhaps a Super Bowl appearance with his pathetic play early in the 2002 season.  The epitome of a big-game choker in every city he ever played in.  5 Jets seasons, down the toilet.

Chad Pennington had 6 seasons in New York, was only healthy for 3.5 of them, lost 3 playoff games, never had a playoff QBR over 90.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who watched the games these clowns played.  And then they run Mark Sanchez out of town at age 25 who in his tenure outperformed all these others you idolize like other losers like David Wright.  You Jets fans get what you deserve, you truly do.  You thought Rusty Staub was a great player so its no surprise.

SAR I

No idea where you're going with the rest of your posts in this thread, but this one's a bullseye. The way you sh*t on everybody is what I like most about it. Define rant, you ask? Look above. Well done, Sar. 

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

First let me make clear that these aren't my personal feelings but rather an observation by that which I see around me.  I'd take an orange quarterback if he could win a division and get me a home playoff game, trust me.

If you think about it, the fans were completely energized when Pennington stepped in to replace Testaverde (who was practically black), and then when Sanchez stepped in to replace Favre (Mississippi so had some black in him) and then of course when Fitzpatrick took out Geno Smith (who was really black) and Mike Vick (who was slightly black).

So there's a trend here.

SAR I

Mark Sanchez was kind of orange. He was Mexican. Your argument is pls owners are racists, but most accepted Sanchez until we all realized he was a weak loser who chokes under pressure of big games. He was often scared of his own shadow. 

DA4389A5-26D5-43BD-8798-EC41D391AD22.gif

I gotta be honest, I don't get why everyone wouldn't be thrilled if Allen looked great in the senior bowl? I mean, it would be in everyones best interest if he goes 1 overall, and with the 3 pick attainable, we can get either Rosen or Darnold. I just don't get people rooting for him to look bad. I mean, I get it once he is drafted, then everyone will root against him like we do all of our QB's, but he is not even a Jet.....

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mark Sanchez was kind of orange. He was was Mexican. You arguement is pls owners are racists, but most accepted Sanchez until we all realized he was a weak loser who chokes under pressure of big games. He was often scared of his own shadow. 

DA4389A5-26D5-43BD-8798-EC41D391AD22.gif

You just talked bad about Sanchez to the wrong poster. You are now officially in for a 5 page argument about how Mark Sanchez was our best QB since Joe Namath. Good luck.

May the odds be with you at all times.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Ken O'Brien was a joke.  A frightened happy feet interception machine.  As a 5 year veteran at age 28, threw 39 interceptions in his last 3 seasons. 

In his last  3 years as a starter for the Jets, Sanchez had 49 INTs.  

God, he sucked.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

1E837BD7-2660-4FB5-82FC-ADE8E38886C7.jpeg

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

So there's a trend here.

SAR I

I'd post the clip of the Dennis Hopper-Christopher Walken scene from True Romance, but that would bring the ban hammer down pretty hard. My wife is Sicilian.

600full-true-romance-screenshot.jpg

12 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

PSL owners dont like black QBs.

I would Lol but its really not Lolable.

Really man .....step away from the bar or whatever it is you are doing thats destroying the brain cells.

Funny I remember us selling out games with Geno Smith in 2013

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

PSL owners don't like black quarterbacks.  That's not racist; it's just fact.

SAR I

I think you could convince PSL owners to like black QBs if you told them that you had to cough up twenty grand for the right to draft a black quarterback. 

I don’t know where this thread turned, but back on Allen I’ll say this- Every year this team has needed a QB, and every year all these armchair scouts go on and on about how great a prospect is all year long or longer, only to then completely about face when it’s time to pull the trigger. 2 years, suck for Sam and now he sucks. Josh Allen is awesome, now he sucks too. Rosen is awesome except he sucks too. Mayfield is awesome but now he sucks. On and on and on. I am convinced most fans on this site are far more vested in predicting players futures than whether or not the Jets win or lose.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I don’t know where this thread turned, but back on Allen I’ll say this- Every year this team has needed a QB, and every year all these armchair scouts go on and on about how great a prospect is all year long or longer, only to then completely about face when it’s time to pull the trigger. 2 years, suck for Sam and now he sucks. Josh Allen is awesome, now he sucks too. Rosen is awesome except he sucks too. Mayfield is awesome but now he sucks. On and on and on. I am convinced most fans on this site are far more vested in predicting players futures than whether or not the Jets win or lose.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets should have taken Watson or Mahomes last year. Personally I think Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold and Allen are all underwhelming. Cant speak on the rest like Rudolph etc. But when you have the 6th pick like the Jets did last year and you pass on two good prospects for a safety for really no apparent reason other than the HC having this vague tunnel vision of what a team is supposed to look like, with the ends justifying the means...well...as a fan it's frustrating.

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mark Sanchez was kind of orange. He was Mexican. Your argument is pls owners are racists, but most accepted Sanchez until we all realized he was a weak loser who chokes under pressure of big games. He was often scared of his own shadow.

Watch the games Mark Sanchez played and then you and I can engage in a conversation.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

In his last  3 years as a starter for the Jets, Sanchez had 49 INTs.  

God, he sucked.

Everyone knows 24 of those were actually catches that his awful WR's misplayed.  If Tom Brady were throwing to those garbage receivers they are all INT's.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I'd post the clip of the Dennis Hopper-Christopher Walken scene from True Romance, but that would bring the ban hammer down pretty hard. My wife is Sicilian.

Jalen+Saunders+Chicago+Bears+v+New+York+

Testeverde looked very dark under that helmet.  I'm not saying that's true of all Sicilians.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ken O'Brien was a joke.  A frightened happy feet interception machine.  As a 5 year veteran at age 28, threw 39 interceptions in his last 3 seasons.  8 years as a Jets starter, not a single playoff win to his name.

Vinny Testaverde won 1 playoff game, got 10 points as a gift in the AFCCG with Parcells and Belihick as support and did nothing with it, injured himself lunging for a meaningless fumble in 1999, and then got old immediately and wasted our 2000 and 2001 seasons, and cost us a first round bye and perhaps a Super Bowl appearance with his pathetic play early in the 2002 season.  The epitome of a big-game choker in every city he ever played in.  5 Jets seasons, down the toilet.

Chad Pennington had 6 seasons in New York, was only healthy for 3.5 of them, lost 3 playoff games, never had a playoff QBR over 90.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who watched the games these clowns played.  And then they run Mark Sanchez out of town at age 25 who in his tenure outperformed all these others you idolize like other losers like David Wright.  You Jets fans get what you deserve, you truly do.  You thought Rusty Staub was a great player so its no surprise.

SAR I

A very selective history with selective facts and a dose of soviet realism. Why not just say Sanchez was the best quarterback in the history of the Jets -ever. Might as well trash Namath too. He has some really lean years. Only won 2 playoff games. Hurt often.

back to reality. Sanchez career numbers 86 TDS, 86 INTs. And a passer rating of 74. Boomer Eiason has better numbers, 287 TDS, 184 INTS. And a passer rating of 81. 

The real question is how would the 2009 and 2010 Jets team done with qbs like Pennington, O’ brien, Vinny, or boomer in their best Jets years. Better than Mark?

And the Mets references?? Not sure what they mean to a dodger lifetime fan.

Archived