The JetNation Book Club

Bombdirt

I'm looking to fill up my summer reading list, and I'd like to put a couple of Jets-themed books on there. Can anyone recommend a good biography of a player or a history-type book about the Jets in general? 

I see Namath has a handful of books, and I've been meaning to read Maynard's bio for years but never got around to it. That one looks pretty interesting. 

51bOzezIdbL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

1729109.jpg

I was looking at Namath biographies; seems like there's a bunch of them out there. Is this the best one? 

This one caught my eye as well; looks like it's an older one. 

joenamathbookback.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

I was looking at Namath biographies; seems like there's a bunch of them out there. Is this the best one? 

joenamathbookback.jpg

Kriegel does an amazing job. The stuff about his early years in beaver falls is great. Highly recommend it 

5 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

I'm looking to fill up my summer reading list, and I'd like to put a couple of Jets-themed books on there. Can anyone recommend a good biography of a player or a history-type book about the Jets in general? 

I see Namath has a handful of books, and I've been meaning to read Maynard's bio for years but never got around to it. That one looks pretty interesting. 

51bOzezIdbL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Must read for the Michaels-Walton era:

Nose-to-Nose - Survival in the Trenches by Joe Klecko and Joe Fields

51j-nXbp2zL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

the other must read was mentioned in a post aabove: Collision Low Crossers.  That one is probablyt he best of all.

12 hours ago, Bombdirt said:

joenamathbookback.jpg

i think i read one of those a long time ago.  i think there was another titled "joe namath; a matter of style".

On May 11, 2018 at 10:00 PM, Bombdirt said:

An INCREDIBLE and inspiring read:

9781118923443_l.jpg

51a9W44O4GL.jpg

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Required reading for anyone who’s wondering why Rex Ryan is in exile 

Agreed. I HATED reading that book. It was a first hand account of how INEPT Rex & his coaching staff was. Rex's book was simplistic, at best, and showed me the first signs of what Collision Low Crossers and the 2012-2014 seasons confirmed: Rex is a FừÇKING MORON! 

the whole Jeff Cross thing is just weird. 

Not Jets related, but a great football book.   " A Civil War...Army vs. Navy. A Story of College Football's Purest Rivalry."  It's by John Feinstein, and it chronicles the 1995 season of both Army and Navy, culminating in "the game" in Philly. Once you start it, you won't be able to put it down.  It will forever change the way you watch the Army-Navy game. it's the best sports book I've ever read.

Archived