Former Jet TE Winslow arrested for Burglary

SouthernJet

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/08/former-nfl-pro-bowl-tight-end-kellen-winslow-jr-arrested-for-alleged-burglary.html

Former NFL Pro Bowl tight end Kellen Winslow Jr arrested for alleged burglary

Former NFL Pro Bowl tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday afternoon for his alleged connection to a burglary at a mobile home park in California.

Authorities responded to a possible burglary call at Park Encinitas Mobile Home Park around 2:40 p.m., The San Diego Union Tribune reported.

A resident who called the police tried to confront the suspect, later identified as Winslow, before he allegedly fled the scene, according to the paper. Authorities were able to track down the vehicle and arrested Winslow.  

The former NFL player was charged with first-degree burglary and was held on $50,000 bail, the paper reported. He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.

Winslow's father, Kellen Sr., is a Hall of Fame tight end who played nine seasons with the San Diego Chargers and is considered one of the greatest players to ever play the position.

Kellen Winslow Jr. was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in 2004, and despite a series of injuries that threatened to derail his career, the 34-year-old became one of NFL’s best tight ends during his time in the league. 

has to be drugs, to get that low after the money he made..or he was a ThugTurd Jackass and bought 10 cars, 3 tons of jewelry and 4 houses

Trailer Park? What the hell is next? Local Bodega for a six pack?

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

what is funny this ThugTurd broke into a TRAILER HOME but 90% of article is about his Hall of Fame Dad

I had the same exact thought.  Forget the burglary itself, the fact that he targeted a trailer park is the cherry on top.

Idiot. I get that some of these guys have no guidance after coming into crazy money at a crazy young age (especially after many eye roll & snicker while "listening" to the veterans giving speeches to the rookies about money management and such). But this guy had a father go through the league as a superstar. I'd say it's something in the water in Coral Gables, except plenty of others grow out of it.

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

I had the same exact thought.  Forget the burglary itself, the fact that he targeted a trailer park is the cherry on top.

Exactly. They live in a trailer park for a reason....they haven't got much worth stealing let alone face a burglary charge for.

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Exactly. They live in a trailer park for a reason....they haven't got much worth stealing let alone face a burglary charge for.

He probably bought drugs from someone living that trailer home and dopey was hoping to break in and steal some.....and maybe wack off while at it.

19 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

He probably bought drugs from someone living that trailer home and dopey was hoping to break in and steal some.....and maybe wack off while at it.

You're probably correct .

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I get that some of these guys have no guidance after coming into crazy money at a crazy young age......But this guy had a father go through the league as a superstar....

Yes, that's the part that got me too.  While his wealthy father didn't send him to private school, he did attend Scripps Ranch High School, one of the top 5% public schools in the state.  So not only did he have money, he went to high school with future PhDs, millionaires and Silicon Valley entrepeneurs.

How far the fall.

14 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Yes, that's the part that got me too.  While his wealthy father didn't send him to private school, he did attend Scripps Ranch High School, one of the top 5% public schools in the state.  So not only did he have money, he went to high school with future PhDs, millionaires and Silicon Valley entrepeneurs.

How far the fall.

It's hard to feel sympathetic for someone who had so much going for him in life and just made bad financial decisions in a life that had no financial demands (not the way regular people think of money problems). Still it's sad all the same that this happens to so many.

For all their faults, the league and NFLPA really do make an effort to prepare these guys for this end of the life, and to be fair we rarely (or never) hear about those who made smart (or at least not 100% moronic) decisions as a result of that influence/guidance. Some just require so much coddling and/or are such hotheads it's a pride thing to never listen to anyone, or whatever the mental block is for them.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Idiot. I get that some of these guys have no guidance after coming into crazy money at a crazy young age (especially after many eye roll & snicker while "listening" to the veterans giving speeches to the rookies about money management and such). But this guy had a father go through the league as a superstar. I'd say it's something in the water in Coral Gables, except plenty of others grow out of it.

Friend of mine from my hometown Joe Cocozzo played for the Chargers for 4 seasons, O-Line.  1994-97. Played in the Super Bowl in 94. He said some guys would come to camp totally broke and didn’t even have a place to stay. He put some guys up in his apartment until they could start collecting their salary.  They would buy bling, rent out hotels and throw parties and blow every penny they made the previous year. Can’t imagine. Joe sent home almost everything he made. When he came home he was still driving a beat up GMC Jimmy. Banked a couple million and doing well today. Did it right.

Archived