Jets Pre season Opener Will be on NFL Network

flgreen

usatsi_10378948.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

TWEET
 EMAIL

While it is only the preseason, football fans will get their first chance to see rookie phenom Sam Darnold play on national television in August when the Jets host Dan Quinn and the Atlanta Falcons.

According to a release from the NFL, the Jets-Falcons game will be broadcasted Friday, Aug. 10 at 7:30 p.m. on the NFL Network.

p?c1=7&c2=6921732&c3=100

Darnold is one of the most highly-anticipated rookies in the league, so it’s no surprise that the NFL decided to have this game air nationally. It’s not the real thing, but it’s a taste of football for fans on a Friday night in August.

It can be hard at times to take much out of preseason football games, but this year will be a bit different when it comes to the Jets. For the first time in years, the Jets will have a true quarterback competition as Darnold competes with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater.

All three have a real shot at winning the job, so the preseason will carry some extra weight this year.

The Jets would love if Darnold had a strong summer and was able to take over the starting role right out of the gate. A strong performance against a tough Falcons defense, assuming the starters play some, would be an excellent sign for Darnold and his hopes to be named the starter in 2018.

58 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Great News for us Out of town fans

You’re telling me! It’s a blessing every time that I get to see a Jets game on my TV down here in the Deep South. 

Since they suck, I never get to see them much.

This news has me pumped though. Really looking forward to seeing Sam Darnold for the first time.

52 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

To the original OP THANK YOU.

THE WORM IS TURNING.........AND I FOR ONE CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

SAY IT WITH ME...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for laughing baby gif

Is that Clint Howsrd(Ron Howard's goofy looking brother) as a kid?

Do season ticket holders still get complementary access to the Preseason games on NFL.com?  I think it was called Gamepass or Gameplan or something.  I'm an out of towner and also a season ticket holder for this godforsaken team (and also an idiot according to my wife! lol) ](*,)

The last time Jets fans were this excited about a pre-season and a new Qb was when they signed Brett Favre. Many of us went wild and actually went to exhibition games. Before that it was probably Mark. But Favre drove the house wild because he was a true HOFer. I went to Hofstra for some of the practices and it was wild. 

19 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

To the original OP THANK YOU.

THE WORM IS TURNING.........AND I FOR ONE CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

SAY IT WITH ME...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for laughing baby gif

Probably one of the most bizarre Star Trek episodes I can remember. I’ll probably have a nightmare about this freak tonight ?.

Thanks C.B.

Archived