Redskins - Jets Joint Practices: Days 2 & 3

Lith

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets D played well the whole game against the Falcons. They had a bad practice and the sharks are out. I don’t think they’ll be a top 5 defense. But I’m still expecting a top 15 defense. 

Informative to hear how Leo does against top OL. Something to follow over the next few days and during the actual game.

I’m like 99% sure Darnold is starting week 1 against Detroit. He’s answered the call every step of the way.

The WR unit is shaping up different than I expected. The top 4 are pretty much locked in but those last two spots are interesting. One almost has to go to Andre Roberts for PR duties. The last spot is between Hansen, McBride, Stewart and Johnson. McBride is still young and may cause us to cut Hansen and Stewart. I’m surprised Hansen is not higher on the depth chart given the good feedback we heard earlier in training camp.

btw, I made a post that seems to have ruffled feathers. good.

anyway, people telling me to relax and chill out. am perfectly relaxed. perfectly chill. or as some

people say in cali- chillaxed

I am not the allowing a preseason shutout to convince me this D is significantly better than last years.

my stance is- they were bad, and until they do something differently in the real season they ARE bad.

avery is a good add. trumaine? I’ll have to wait and see what he offers.

am hopeful for nathan and parry as well.

if you were concerned for my anxiety levels, I thank you.

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

The D was just awful against the Falcons. It might improve morale around here if you just started rooting for the Pats.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

putting stock in  a preaseason game wher the op[posing team started their 2's.

thats YOUR low bar. jump over it all day, thats your bizness.

and phuk off about rooting for the pats. am not a cheerleader. 

12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

btw, I made a post that seems to have ruffled feathers. good.

anyway, people telling me to relax and chill out. am perfectly relaxed. perfectly chill. or as some

people say in cali- chillaxed

I am not the allowing a preseason shutout to convince me this D is significantly better than last years.

my stance is- they were bad, and until they do something differently in the real season they ARE bad.

avery is a good add. trumaine? I’ll have to wait and see what he offers.

am hopeful for nathan and parry as well.

if you were concerned for my anxiety levels, I thank you.

In a similar manner, we are waiting for your posts to become readable, and make sense. My stance is, they are unreadable, and until they become readable, they contain no value. 

For the second straight day, Sam Darnold received the bulk of the quarterback reps. Todd Bowles won't say who will start Thursday night, but it looks like Darnold. First-team rep breakdown today: Darnold 14, Josh McCown 4, Teddy Bridgewater 3. Total rep breakdown: Darnold 22, Bridgewater 16, McCown 4. This wasn't Darnold's sharpest practice, but there were no glaring mistakes.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer3h ago

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

For the second straight day, Sam Darnold received the bulk of the quarterback reps. Todd Bowles won't say who will start Thursday night, but it looks like Darnold. First-team rep breakdown today: Darnold 14, Josh McCown 4, Teddy Bridgewater 3. Total rep breakdown: Darnold 22, Bridgewater 16, McCown 4. This wasn't Darnold's sharpest practice, but there were no glaring mistakes.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer3h ago

This is how Bowles sucks the Redskins in and uses his brain-washing strategery against them!  Darnold gets all the reps in practice then..... BAM!!!! Out comes Josh McCown to play the entire 1st Half in the preseason game.  Todd goes to 2-0 in preseason.

Oh, that tricky Todd!

2D04EE1200000578-0-image-a-16_1443809516658.jpg

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I keep forgetting about Pryor.  It's almost like subconsciously I've just written him off and forgotten he's on the team, but he could have a big and immediate impact once he returns.  Wouldn't surprise me if he jump right into the WR2 / WR3 mix.

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Everybody’s gotta relax. The defense probably heard it from the coaches last night and struggled to find intensity a day after getting too intense. It happens and it’s really not surprising.

Talk about overreacting to practice tweets.  You would think we lost 17-0.  Oh wait.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I keep forgetting about Pryor.  It's almost like subconsciously I've just written him off and forgotten he's on the team, but he could have a big and immediate impact once he returns.  Wouldn't surprise me if he jump right into the WR2 / WR3 mix.

i'd like to see darnold work with robbie/enunwa/pryor/kearse.  throw in a TE and RB and there will be guys open.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

I hear you. 

The Falcons effectively shot themselves in the foot with all their penalties. I don't think they had an incomplete pass for the team until their third-stringer finally hit the turf with one after 8 or 9 completions, himself. These guys shouldn't be getting cocky, and I kinda think it's good for them to have Washington blowing right thru them today. They need the wakeup call. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Yeah, an actual game, no matter how you try to make it insignificant and pointless isn't as important as a half assed, restricted practice with limited hitting.  That youre all over.  A actual game, all out hitting and game action with a team that was in the SB 2 years ago is meaningless to you.  Solid logic at work

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I've been a giddy Jets fan since Darnold's performance on Friday, but the reports I'm seeing of today's practice just remind me that we're still an overall bad team that has a lot of holes to fill and a lot of young players that need to be developed.

Was just thinking the same thing...

3 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

I think you are underselling Trumaine quite a bit and why would any fan care how much he is getting paid? We still have a ton of cap room. By coming here, he has made the #1 CB better, and therefore the #2 CB is better (skrine not #2 anymore) and hopefully one of the younger players take over the slot, but Skrine is still a better #3 then we had last year. Willliamson seems better than Davis (who played well last year) and Mo isn't there to set a bad example.

The defense could suck, but we weren't going to the promised land this year anyway. And, if they do suck, don't be surprised if heads will roll - which is apparently what many here want.

However, it is just a practice on the road on a crappy field. Also, we have a lot of new and young players; it will take some time for the defense to catch up; remember that Smith is a game manager with a lot of experience and the Redskins have a decent OL.

Finally, don't forget this crappy D blanked a pretty good Atlanta offense on Friday. I would rather have a bad practice than a bad game. Let's see how they fare Thursday night...

If I may, I don't think anyone really wants heads to roll. We want coaches who can coach up marginal players, and put good players in position to make great plays. Unfortunately the current brain trust (and I use that term loosely) is incapable of doing so on a consistent basis. Especially on defense. 

I’m not concerned with this practice.  In a real game, I doubt we’d play zone defense against their smurf-sized, speedy wideouts. Our dudes are built for press-man, and this is exactly the kind or WR corps you DOMINATE with press-man. 

Methinks the CS is using this practice time to learn about their players’ abilities. 

22 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

pre season dont count. ask cleveland.

No shlt, but you seem to think a limited contact practice is very important.  One that you didn't even see.  So to recap, ps doesn't count, scrimmages do.  

22 minutes ago, slats said:

I hear you. 

The Falcons effectively shot themselves in the foot with all their penalties. I don't think they had an incomplete pass for the team until their third-stringer finally hit the turf with one after 8 or 9 completions, himself. These guys shouldn't be getting cocky, and I kinda think it's good for them to have Washington blowing right thru them today. They need the wakeup call. 

I kind of feel the same way.  This defense likes to talk -- may not be the worst thing in the world to get a dose of humility.  Lets see how they respond tomorrow and Thursday.  May just be part of the learning process.

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

You're right, I should put less stock in a preseason game and more stock in Tweets about an August practice that I didn't see.  I'm sure you're right.  Everybody sucks.  Maybe we should give up now?  

And chill with the misspelled curses, dude.  Unless it makes you feel better.  In which case, knock yourself out.

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No shlt, but you seem to think a limited contact practice is very important.  One that you didn't even see

sigh.

i am not placing particular importance in this practice.

several posters seemed nonplussed that the D was being worked.

i responded with my thoughts, in general, about this D. shrug.

again. 1st step is NOT to be what they were last year, BAD.

I would rather have what happened today in practice happen and then we blow them up in the real pre-season game on Thursday vs us beating them in practice all week then getting creamed in the game. So let’s go blow them up on Thursday!

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hope they cut the deadweight, so many UDFA that can play out there ...we always hold on to guys for way too long just becuase we drafted them.  Also on a side note big thanks to you guys who are doing the camp reports

1 I'm in CA and it sucks trying to hear about the team

2 or find other jet fans to talk to - my GF pretends to care for my sake, but she could care less. She does like the color green and reps the Jets so that cool. She is Mexican so she will cut a Patriots fan lol

3 there is raider fans and 49er fans all over here and none of them go to see training camp, I would love to go to a practice.

4 about to get a Sam Darnold signed helmet, sure with I could just go and get it signed. Much better than buying one signed, but you got to do what you got to do.

5 in closing big thanks again I bet ton of other people on here don't post but love seeing these threads

Sounds like a ton of us would also love seeing your GF!!!!

if you tell me she also has a Kate Upton upstairs ... In addition to wanting to stab a NE Cheats fan for her man ... Then I believe we have found the perfect woman

image.jpeg

Day 3

Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora)

8/14/18, 9:45 AM

Last day of ⁦‪@Redskins‬⁩ and ⁦‪@nyjets‬⁩ practices today in Richmond. Shorts and shells. Far less physical practice. Dont anticipate any fireworks

Archived