Anyone else dealing with a weird anxiety about Darnold?

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

you meatheads have to stop thinking being on the spectrum = rainman.

1 out of every 60 kids born is on the spectrum these days.  My ladyfriend has dedicated her life to special ed both as a teacher and now in admin.  I know what it looks like and it's not that far fetched.

put down the nintendo switch controller and read a book.

He's probably not on the spectrum though.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Pac said:

1 out of every 60 kids born is on the spectrum these days.  My ladyfriend has dedicated her life to special ed both as a teacher and now in admin.  I know what it looks like and it's not that far of a reach.

read a book.

We've just reached the point where people on Jet Nation are literally arguing about autism.

We haven't just jumped the shark, folks, we've vaulted over the shark so fast that we've phased into another dimension where sharks don't even exist altogether.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

We've just reached the point where people on Jet Nation are literally arguing about autism.

We haven't just jumped the shark, folks, we've vaulted over the shark so fast that we've phased into another dimension where sharks don't even exist altogether.

Trollnado 

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

my bad..  forgot who i was talking to...

so Darnold looked good today, huh!!

giphy.gif

better?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know what it is, but I’m watching the replay of the Falcons game on NFLN and the drive where Darnold throws the TD to Charles Johnson just played through. There were penalties on the drive, a dropped pass,  and plenty of inside pressure, but Darnold just kept dropping back, making a read, and throwing the ball to the right guy. After scoring the TD, Darnold doesn’t even react; he just kinda trots to the sideline and starts talking to McCown about the series, at one point demonstrating to McCown what he was seeing from behind center. 

This is in addition to what he’s been doing off the field, which is absolutely nothing. There are no mentions on Page Six, no self-serving promotional tour, no photo spreads in fey designer clothes, no articles about him working over some skeezers at Nobu. Nothing. 

It just seems incongruous to be as (seemingly) good as he is without having the need to market that level of goodness, or to use that level of goodness to get laid by 18-ish year old Czech supermodels. 

So, either he’s (1) not really that good or (2) he’s that good, but is hiding some sh*t, or (3) he’s a cyborg. 

Anyone else got the people’s eyebrow going on these days? 

You need rehab. You are not of sound mind. Is it the drugs?

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

my bad..  forgot who i was talking to...

so Darnold looked good today, huh!!

giphy.gif

better?

Actually, no. Because as far as "jerking off" gifs go--and I'm assuming that's what I'm looking at here--that one is quite ******* terrible.

37 minutes ago, Pac said:

1 out of every 60 kids born is on the spectrum these days.  My ladyfriend has dedicated her life to special ed both as a teacher and now in admin.  I know what it looks like and it's not that far fetched.

My point had nothing to do with your spectrum comment and everything to do with your nickname; Rainsam

Awful. So bad. So bad. 

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

JN is slipping.  This should be littered with butt fumbles this is so bad.  In a Tomshane thread nonetheless. 

There has to be something behind this. Pac is wrong about literally everything, but he's wrong in a consistent, predictable way. This is totally out of left field.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It just seems incongruous to be as (seemingly) good as he is without having the need to market that level of goodness, or to use that level of goodness to get laid by 18-ish year old Czech supermodels. 

I don’t know why, but I find myself being incredibly “superstitious” when I read or hear about him.  Like I’m hesitant to get too positive or tell people how good he’s doing, for fear that something bad will happen.

Someone wrote in a post today about him getting hurt, I literally knocked on wood...

People have said, and I agree it’s like a dream we have a QB this good.  I don’t want to jinx it...

19 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Actually, no. Because as far as "jerking off" gifs go--and I'm assuming that's what I'm looking at here--that one is quite ******* terrible.

I defer to your expertise on finding "good" guy jacking off gifs.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

AMEN. That's a dumbass thing to say.

I just think he is a guy like Peyton Manning was that is just hard wired to be a superior NFL QB. He is just laser focused on that, but also has innate abilities that are unteachable such as reaction time,  awareness, arm talent...
In college he had an elongated release that people thought was slow (it wasnt), and held the ball with one hand all the time.
In just a few months, he has shortened his delivery and has 2 balls on the ball every time. And his release coupled with his reaction time is well ludicrously fast now.
Josh Norman GUSHED about him. He is just a natural, born to play football with a laser focus and obsession to be the best.
Sam Darnold is a Jet. The early reactions were right. He is just special.

Not to mention that unlike the Manning's of the world, Sam has only been playing QB for 3 freaking years. Think about that, 2 years ago he was playing QB for the first time while a Senior in high school. Unbelievable!

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m worried that I’m going to turn into everything I despise about pats fans after Darnold wins his 6th Super Bowl MVP for the Jets.

Maaaan, after everything that I have tolerated being a fan of this franchise, if the Jets win a few Super Bowls, I plan on being insufferable :)

13 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen him at night in any photo. Couple few with some green screen trickery but nothing concrete.  

of course not.  he is still at the training facility looking at film

14 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Sam Darnold is the guy we waited 50 years for.  And fans of the Cheats, Fish, and Jills are going to watch the Jets own the AFCE for a dozen years when Brady is done.

All the Jets have to do is put an OL in front of him.  That's it.  The anxiety we feel is a mix of not knowing how to react to a near certain positive future... and the fear that the Jets are always capable of finding a way to screw this up anyway.

Yep.  Sam isn't the problem.  The Jets are the problem.  Anxiety is a rational response to the way we've been treated.  Though most Jets fans tend to deserve the pain.

For anyone who wants to see (hear) more from Sam, he actually did a podcast his last year in USC.  He co-hosted it with a former player as a way to get better with the media and to see what its like to sit on the other side and ask questions.  Not only a very smart idea, but very entertaining if you are a sports/Sam fan.

He had a sports psychologist as one guest and matt leinart as another and both episodes were excellent.  

It not just that I think he has that innate "sixth sense" that QBs have, but he also benefited greatly from being lightly recruited, injured and having to redshirt and earn everything he's achieved.  The episode with the psychologist about moving on from mistakes, shows how seriously takes this job.

Archived