### Jets vs Giants - Preseason Game 3 --- The Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing you've got to love with a kicker is a guy who can tackle. Same goes for a Qb. I've seen many guys in both categories who looked like a fan trying to make a tackle. Edwards made a good tackle in the first half even though I thought the tape showed the guy towards the end of the run was out of bounds. But those are things to appreciate and I think Edwards has done that before 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

One thing you've got to love with a kicker is a guy who can tackle. Same goes for a Qb. I've seen many guys in both categories who looked like a fan trying to make a tackle, Edwards a good tackle in the first half even thought the tape showed the guy towards the end of the run was out of bounds. But those are things to appreciate and I think Edwards has done that before 

All JETS kickers have learned to tackle from necessity. 

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

No.  I am talking as if he is playing in a game where winning or losing does not matter.  Just want him healthy for week 1.

Which I would think is more of a reason to let him throw the ball....

He played in the gun his entire career at USC. He has yet to be in the gun on first down once this preseason....

19 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

TRUE, all rookies can only throw the ball a maximum of 10 yards in the air. No one is freaking out, but there is a trend emerging and some of us - those that aren't blatant homers - have questions about those trends. 

You really don't have a clue of what you're talking about.  You're just whining.  

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He's run directly into the back twice tonight on a blitz and got totally stymied. I have yet to see him do anything in pass coverage. The 6th pick in the draft is a total and complete non factor. Disappointing. 

You're kidding right?  ? 

Good to see that the "fair chance" I was going to give Bowles this season lasted 2 and a half pre-season games.  Bring Sam out for the 2nd half to run the ball 3 times?

Yeah.  See ya Todd.

I'm on board for #DeFilippo2019.

We can't throw he ball downfield because the oline is hot garbage.

You think this is bad wait till we face teams with premium pass rushers and good blitz schemes.

Rush the passer and the defend the passer.  Too bad our gm has zero clue about this simple fact of todays nfl.

Just now, Beerfish said:

You think this is bad wait till we face teams with premium pass rushers and good blitz schemes.

Rush the passer and the defend the passer.  Too bad our gm has zero clue about this simple fact of tds nfl.

Opposing defense isn’t too brutal early on so hopefully that’ll bode well for Sam. Open it up more and be ready to roll by week 4. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Rush the passer and the defend the passer.  Too bad our HC has zero clue about this simple fact of todays nfl.

Fixed

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I'm talking about our QB who has yet to throw for over 90 yards. Eyeball test says game manager. 

And this is important right now with the line in shambles.  Because you just have to bitch 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Rush the passer and the defend the passer.  Too bad our gm has zero clue about this simple fact of todays nfl.

In prior iterations of the NFL you didn't have to rush or defend the passer. Sam had plenty of time on multiple plays but he didn't even attempt anything. That's both good recognition by him and a lack of trust in his ability. Good and bad.

Archived