Jet specific transactions.

sec101row23

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe not NYJ in particular but it is far from myth that they get production out of players that other teams give up on. Danny woodhead? Didn’t they get Wes Welker from the Dolphins? 

Exactly-- that happened a few times ten+ years ago. Productive maybe, but David Harris, Tim Tebow, Sean Ellis, and I'm sure you can find a list of some other guys who went there and were either pedestrian or didn't even play. 

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Well, there is that one guy that the Jets will never live down handing to them ...

via Gfycat

And we all knew he was good, could see it on Hard Knocks and in games, and were pissed when we cut him. But as I said, that was a long time ago. They're not coaching up "throw aways" from other teams into star players like they're made out to do.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re Trenton Cannon, you should be very nervous about Henderson’s presence 

Henderson is purpose-built for the Jets' zone blocking scheme, but he's also injury prone.  Definitely a good upside play to stash on the PS while he familiarizes himself with the offense

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re sad about the Jets lack of moves today, you can cheer yourself up by going over to Giants twitter to watch them flip out about passing on Darnold and then cutting Webb.

the Giants have looked quite incompetent as of the last year or so.

Damin Harrison injuring their prized new LT’s leg. 

Jenkins has body’s in the house lol.

Eli Apple sucks and has attitude issues.

They just signed a Coke head to a record setting deal.

They passed on Darnold, hyped up Davis Webb and then cut him.

Went 3-13, sits Eli, fires everyone and drafts a RB at #2 overall.

This is fun to see.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

And we all knew he was good, could see it on Hard Knocks and in games, and were pissed when we cut him. But as I said, that was a long time ago. They're not coaching up "throw aways" from other teams into star players like they're made out to do.

Agreed. Not suggesting Hansen is another Woodhead. He's a bad player. But based on the idiot moves of our past GMs, getting rid of players and seeing them end up on the Patriots instinctually sends shivers up my spine.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re sad about the Jets lack of moves today, you can cheer yourself up by going over to Giants twitter to watch them flip out about passing on Darnold and then cutting Webb.

I can't even imagine that mindset right now. The Giants got handed the same gift as the Jets, but simply ignored it, and Webb was the excuse.

I'm sure Barkley will be a talented player, but RB has far and away the shortest shelf life of any NFL position, and if they don't get another ring with Eli under center, this will haunt them for quite some time.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Agreed. Not suggesting Hansen is another Woodhead. He's a bad player. But based on the idiot moves of our past GMs, getting rid of players and seeing them end up on the Patriots instinctually sends shivers up my spine.

NE is on the demise it doesn't matter who they sign it wont be long the Jets will dominate the AFC East for years to come. 

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I can't even imagine that mindset right now. The Giants got handed the same gift as the Jets, but simply ignored it, and Webb was the excuse.

I'm sure Barkley will be a talented player, but RB has far and away the shortest shelf life of any NFL position, and if they don't get another ring with Eli under center, this will haunt them for quite some time.

That was mind-blowing and they’ll be paying for that mistake for a decade if Darnold is even decent. Next year’s QB crop looks like dogsh*t, to boot.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Paxton Lynch just got released because he is a lazy stoner who smokes bowls out of aluminum foil and uses rusty window screens in his bongs.

Well it could be that.  Or it could be that Elway just couldn't look at this musketeer anymore.

2977881.png&w=350&h=254

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

the Giants have looked quite incompetent as of the last year or so.

Damin Harrison injuring their prized new LT’s leg. 

Jenkins has body’s in the house lol.

Eli Apple sucks and has attitude issues.

They just signed a Coke head to a record setting deal.

They passed on Darnold, hyped up Davis Webb and then cut him.

Went 3-13, sits Eli, fires everyone and drafts a RB at #2 overall.

This is fun to see.

And they just gave a legitimate head case WR $90 million dollars because he went two months without getting busted in a hotel room ripping lines off an Instagram skeezer.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And they just gave a legitimate head case WR $90 million dollars because he went two months without getting busted in a hotel room ripping lines off an Instagram skeezer.

And a few days prior went on TV talking about how it feels like he is a zoo animal and he hates that no one cares about his “feelings”. Everyone just wants a picture with him.

wah, wah, wah. I’ll take pictures all day for the rest of my life for 90 million. Tell ya’ them Giants got a real keeper.

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

@AdamSchefter: Jets scheduled to work out former Ravens WR Breshad Perriman on Monday, per source.

m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

That should tell you how much they really thought of the WRs they sent packing if they're still looking around (yet couldn't bother to put in a claim for one).

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

@AdamSchefter: Jets scheduled to work out former Ravens WR Breshad Perriman on Monday, per source.

m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Hmmmm...

Really liked his skill set when he entered the draft, but he has done almost nothing as a pro.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've got a feeling this isn't going to turn out well for us. I'm picturing him turning into a reliable Brady target somehow.

Tired narrative.  Eric Decker, David Harris & Shaun Ellis to name a few did nothing up there.

Hansen disappeared when he had a shot to develop chemistry with Darnold during the spring

& summer.  Is he really going to develop chemistry with Brady in 5 days?

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

$65 million guaranteed. And did that after passing on a franchise QB and picking a RB that will be an injury report regular. By the time Gettleman is done they will be begging Reese to come back. 

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Webb was always garbage and that fact i keep hearing how they loved the guy made me shake my head.  Now on the other hand I liked Paxton Lynch but on the other hand I hated Hackenburg and loved Darnold but on the other hand.....

Just now, Beerfish said:

Webb was always garbage and that fact i keep hearing how they loved the guy made me shake my head.  Now on the other hand I liked Paxton Lynch but on the other hand I hated Hackenburg and loved Darnold but on the other hand.....

Could just imagine the giants watching darnold play vs them while they knew they were cutting Webb all the while telling anyone who would listen that he’s the heir apparent.  All i can say is, barkley better be another version of Elliott and gurley.

Archived