2019 Head Coaching Candiates

GreenWhite

5 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I'll take David Shaw over Harbaugh or anyone else on that list.

Beat me to it. 

Super smart runs a great program. If Darnold takes off it may be enough but I gotta imagine coaching at Stanford is a dream job 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

This was really bad, when he had the Bills carry him off the field as DC of the Bills after being fired from HC job at the Lions, on the Lions home field. The guy is a very good DC, one of the best in the business, and a far better DC than Rex, that said, his brand of bat sh*t crazy scares me. Harbaugh is also bat sh*t crazy, but he is the closest thing to Parcells in this era. He will turn your team around quickly, and give you a relatively short window to win, because he wears out his welcome really fast. BUT, you will have a few years with a legit chance to win a SB before that happens. I don't feel the same way about Scwartz.

635483020837238092-JimSUB.jpg

well said 

I don't get why people are writing off Harbaugh based on last year (and last night) at Michigan. The guy has not only won everywhere he's been he's turned around every program or organization he's gone to.

How about the fact that he went to a 9ers team that was 6-10 and promptly won 36-11-1 over the next three years with three NFC title games and a Super Bowl appearance? If he did that here he'd be the best coach in franchise history overnight.

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Schwartz is about the only DC who could actually excite me if he was hired for the reasons you mention. I would also be afraid we would get another Rex from the self promoting standpoint, but I don’t think Schwartz is nearly as insecure as Rex

you're points on Schwartz are spot on ..I like the guy a lot as a coach and as a HC but I don't see him going anywhere near the level of Rex self promotion. He's an intense guy that wants to win and he shows it so does Harbaugh so did Parcells so did Rex ... When comparing the 3 I put Schwartz and Harbaugh as basically the same guy with Parcells being his own guy and Rex being in another solar system

22 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Rex Ryan went to 2 AFC Championship games with a crappy qb, and both you and I don't want him as our coach.

Harbaugh has built multiple programs from the ground up. The only thing Rex has ever done is take programs and grind them into dust. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

And for you dickheads calling for Jim Schwartz, he ran an absolutely undisciplined circus in Detroit. How did you go through the Rex disaster and still decide that what you need is another meathead DC to coach this team? Are you nuts?

2009 Schwartz was hired as HC for the lions and their first draft pick was Matthew Stafford.

In 5 NFL seasons they made the playoffs once.

2009    2 - 14 and finished 4th in NFC North
2010    6 - 10 and finished 3rd in NFC North
2011    10 - 6 and lost in the NFC Wild Card Game
2012    4 - 12 and finished 4th in NFC North
2013    7 - 9 and finished 3rd in NFC North

Am I missing something? 

Just now, RESNewYork said:

2009 Schwartz was hired as HC for the lions and their first draft pick was Matthew Stafford.

In 5 NFL seasons they made the playoffs once.

2009    2 - 14 and finished 4th in NFC North
2010    6 - 10 and finished 3rd in NFC North
2011    10 - 6 and lost in the NFC Wild Card Game
2012    4 - 12 and finished 4th in NFC North
2013    7 - 9 and finished 3rd in NFC North

Am I missing something? 

I believe it’s referred to as “amnesia borne out of desperation.”

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And for you dickheads calling for Jim Schwartz, he ran an absolutely undisciplined circus in Detroit. How did you go through the Rex disaster and still decide that what you need is another meathead DC to coach this team? Are you nuts?

It’s a fair point, and I would be simultaneously excited and scared. Like a 14 year old being hit on by a 40 year old MILF

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not calling for Schwartz, I just think he has traits that make him a better head coaching candidate than his W-L record would indicate. 

Just now, dbatesman said:

Can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not calling for Schwartz, I just think he has traits that make him a better head coaching candidate than his W-L record would indicate. 

Also, nothing that went wrong in Detroit was his fault, it was all because of [waves hands vaguely] you know....the Big Ten

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Also, nothing that went wrong in Detroit was his fault, it was all because of [waves hands vaguely] you know....the Big Ten

He’s better than most of what we’re looking at unless the job gets more attractive than it seems to have been to date. He checks all the boxes except winning and gravitas seems like famous last words tho.

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I don't want either of them as my head coach.

I invite you to watch a Michigan football game and watch the play calling. No thank you.

Moorehead would be an interesting candidate down the line. Went to Fordham, runs a good offense....outside of the box but something the Jets need imo.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

All indicators would suggest that you’re spot on, especially considering that the public pressure isn’t there right now for regime change. Most of this dimwit fan base takes their cues from Mehta and Mehta is balls deep into Bowles and Macc fluffing, so Chris Johnson won’t be influenced from that flank. BUT, it’s gonna be tough to justify keeping them around if they go (as expected) 6-10 or worse on top of the two 5-11’s, I would think? Maybe? In a perfect world?

I will go on record right now in writing that, if Bowles has a 6-10 record or worse, he will lose his job.

A lot of the media has been slurping Bowles for the past year because of the phony 0-16/“possible worst team ever” narrative that set the tone headed into last season, but they always turn on coaches (or any public figure, for that matter) extremely quickly.

If Bowles has another losing season, you will hear “three straight losing seasons. He’s a nice guy but he’s not a head coach” everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

UM alumnus Jim Harbaugh is making 7 mill this year 

That would make him the 5th highest paid coach in the NFL 

He also gets 2 cars and 16 tickets to every home game. 

Ok 

I'm Harbaugh pitch me on the Jets job 

"OK Jimbo we'll meet your contract demands of $7.01m, a luxury box, and on-demand use of the team helicopter. Now that we've got that all out of the way, I'd like you to meet Jeremy Bates, the offensive coordinator you'll be inheriting. Don't worry. If things don't work out with him this year you can totally fire him after the season and bring in your own guy. Trust me."

- Woody/Chris Johnson -- January 5, 2019

38 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He’s better than most of what we’re looking at unless the job gets more attractive than it seems to have been to date. He checks all the boxes except winning and gravitas seems like famous last words tho.

That’s really all I’m saying. He’s obviously a nutcase, but no more so than Harbaugh, and Harbaugh’s never coming here. If we’re looking at guys who have done it before, he’s a decent place to start.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I believe it’s referred to as “amnesia borne out of desperation.”

or a snake bit team with a QB that could not stay healthy at the beginning of his career ...We supposed to forget about that too ?

We know Schwartz is nuts but so are a lot of people associated with this game they are passionate to a fault, sometimes maybe owners should realize that and maybe act accordingly. Who are the real ego maniacs when it comes to pro football or any sport for that matter ?

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

"OK Jimbo we'll meet your contract demands of $7.01m, a luxury box, and on-demand use of the team helicopter. Now that we've got that all out of the way, I'd like you to meet Jeremy Bates, the offensive coordinator you'll be inheriting. Don't worry. If things don't work out after this season you can totally fire him after this year and bring in your own guy. Trust me."

- Woody/Chris Johnson -- January 5, 2019

Thanks for that offer, I went to my AD and got a million dollar raise. You think I'm leaving Michigan? I went to school here lololololol 

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Moorehead would be an interesting candidate down the line. Went to Fordham, runs a good offense....outside of the box but something the Jets need imo.

It will be interesting how he leads a bigger program now. He does think outside the box, seems to motivate players and has a grasp of playcalling.

51 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

How much more attractive than this ?

Sam Darnold and a very young roster with 100 mil to spend ...how much better does it get in the NFL when you tell a HC candidate here ya go, go mold me a winner.

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Thanks for that offer, I went to my AD and got a million dollar raise. You think I'm leaving Michigan? I went to school here lololololol 

Leave it to you to take that post seriously, when its obvious purpose began with the 2nd sentence.

Even @Smashmouth got it and he'll be the first to tell you he's dumber than a football bat.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Leave it to you to take that post seriously, when its obvious purpose began with the 2nd sentence.

Even @Smashmouth got it and he'll be the first to tell you he's dumber than a football bat.

I got the joke it wasn't funny and nobody else replied so I took my shot. 

It's a silly thread woody doesn't want Chris replacing anyone while he is away 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes it's totally obvious you got it.

It was hilarious and witty.

Even @Smashmouth liked it and he's a certified genius!

As engaging and entertaining as the whole bates and Bowles thread was the point was simple enough 

We have no idea what's going on, so you assume the worst and I assume the best 

Which makes this thread odd because you missed the worst most soul crushing aspect of bates Bowles Macc Chris and woody 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

As engaging and entertaining as the whole bates and Bowles thread was the point was simple enough 

We have no idea what's going on, so you assume the worst and I assume the best 

Which makes this thread odd because you missed the worst most soul crushing aspect of bates Bowles Macc Chris and woody 

9e1297709ecc22959abd037df3e7f5e2--facepa

Archived