2019 Head Coaching Candiates

GreenWhite

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Newb?

Awe, dont like the word?  Dont think all the posts it generated, all the accusations by him, the childishness of the entire arguement over something so trivial was what exactly?  

Also a joke.  Not particularly funny, but point being - who cares?  You can't get offended so easily around here and childishness and triviality are pretty much board M.O.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Also a joke.  Not particularly funny, but point being - who cares?  You can't get offended so easily around here and childishness and triviality are pretty much board M.O.

Usually yes.  Usually its more than acceptable and expected, not a big deal. 

When a mod, who should know better, attacks someone, threatens to pull someones IP address which i assume is doable, hes crossed the line.  Nothing about what he wrote, without the backtracking "I was only joking" nonsense was funny or a joke.  

Thats the way I took it and others.  Its done

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

When a mod, who should know better, attacks someone, threatens to pull someones IP address which i assume is doable, hes crossed the line.  Nothing about what he wrote, without the backtracking "I was only joking" nonsense was funny or a joke.  

FIGHT THE POWER!

this thread is about head coaching candidates

why does anyone believe this franchise will pay money for good coaches? 

There's no cap on coaches, today. Todd Bowles is the 24th highest paid coach.

There was nothing stopping them from going out and getting Bowles help in the form of a million dollar positional coach/DC like Mike Munshak or Wade Phillips. 

when's the last time this team had an above average coach? It was Mike Westoff and Tuna brought him.

Follow up question: who is the ST coach right now and why does he suck so bad?  

You guys are like me as a little kid circling toys in the Sears' catalog that Santa ain't never gonna bring. 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There was nothing stopping them from going out and getting Bowles help in the form of a million dollar positional coach/DC like Mike Munshak or Wade Phillips. 

when's the last time this team had an above average coach? It was Mike Westoff and Tuna brought him.

You guys are like me as a little kid circling toys in the Sears' catalog that Santa ain't never gonna bring. 

1b512a620724a8c7da7a1e8bf3d9be39.gif

On 9/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Just a year after getting an extension, there are only 2 ways Bowles gets fired this year:

1. The Jets finish with 4 wins or fewer.

2. There's another indication he doesn't have control of the team. Based on the current roster makeup I think this is unlikely.

He'll have a build-in excuse on offense (rookie QB plus a bad OL) and defense (no edge rusher, and maybe an injury, despite getting what he's wanted at the other 10 starting positions). I think they're weak excuses that don't wash away the types of decisions he's made, but those will be the excuses. 

I don't think we'll see #1 either. 4 games against the Bills and Dolphins should net 2-3 wins, plus Cleveland again, and the Colts, Texans, and Bengals... there ought to be at least 5 wins in that half of the schedule. Plus there's always the chance we play a game or two against teams with injuries to their key starters again among the rest. Darnold would have to be hideous to lose them all - or all but a few - in which case Bowles would have his excuse.

He's coming back in 2019. Accept it.

For sh*ts and giggles though, and since the Jets seem to lean toward giving a new guy a shot rather than bringing in coaches with experience, what new mind out there would you like to see given a shot?  What about defensive guys like Teryl Austin or Mike Vrabel, or offensive guys like Frank Reich and Pat Shurmer.  Personally, I like Reich.  Guy knows the QB position, was given a lot of credit for helping Wentz' growth, and is a solid x's and o's guy.  Plus he can motivate the players with the great Bills comeback story!

30 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

For sh*ts and giggles though, and since the Jets seem to lean toward giving a new guy a shot rather than bringing in coaches with experience, what new mind out there would you like to see given a shot?  What about defensive guys like Teryl Austin or Mike Vrabel, or offensive guys like Frank Reich and Pat Shurmer.  Personally, I like Reich.  Guy knows the QB position, was given a lot of credit for helping Wentz' growth, and is a solid x's and o's guy.  Plus he can motivate the players with the great Bills comeback story!

Not sure what you mean. Reich and Shurmur both got their shots.  Reich is head coach of the Colts and Shurmur the Giants.  To be available, they would have to sh*t the bed.

7 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Hard to say. Thing is, all the knowledge in the world is useless without good instincts and leadership. A guy can be a good coordinator or position coach and still be a disaster as a HC. Actually it’s quite common. Personally I don’t know enough about which never-been-HC guys have these qualities, and have zero confidence in the Jets’ brain trust knowing either, so I prefer an experienced one even if it means possibly missing out on the next wonderboy. The one the Jets hire won’t be that special first-timer. 

On 9/2/2018 at 11:53 AM, NoBowles said:

This was really bad, when he had the Bills carry him off the field as DC of the Bills after being fired from HC job at the Lions, on the Lions home field. The guy is a very good DC, one of the best in the business, and a far better DC than Rex, that said, his brand of bat sh*t crazy scares me. Harbaugh is also bat sh*t crazy, but he is the closest thing to Parcells in this era. He will turn your team around quickly, and give you a relatively short window to win, because he wears out his welcome really fast. BUT, you will have a few years with a legit chance to win a SB before that happens. I don't feel the same way about Scwartz.

635483020837238092-JimSUB.jpg

That is a grown-ass man thoroughly enjoying being hoisted on the shoulders of two subordinates whom he clearly had to ask to do so. A grown man should never ask another man to hoist him on his shoulders. There are only three acceptable scenarios where a man can enjoy being held up above anyone's shoulders.

1. At his bar-mitzvah.

2. At his wedding.

3. Drunken shenanigans with friends.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:03 AM, Philc1 said:

I want Harbaugh but realistically I would settle for Rex back

The difference between Rex and Bowles is like the difference between being stabbed and poisoned. We were being stabbed by Rex for 6 years, and now Bowles has been poisoning us for the past 3, and now you want to go back to being stabbed again, because at least you felt something.

Harbaughs were hot and now cool. You have to consider Bates if Darnold blows up. My preference is someone though without a micro-specialty but more an overall administrative approach. 

Would love Westhoff as that overall abstract football coach for a few years. Darnold — and everyone else would learn a lot from him. This kind of coach would allow a healthy independence and market based competition among units while setting the rules, consequences, tone, and gravity.

Cowher would be killer too. Cowher rumors are totally lacking around here. 

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

You guys are like @Jetsfan80 trawling the internet for pics of skanks to post in the 200,000 post thread that he ain't never gonna bang. 

ftfy

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No one else took it that way. I bet you didn't either. You just think you found an issue to bash Sperm over the head with to score internet debate points.

13 hours ago, bitonti said:

We can add to the list of questions: why would any HC candidate with other options come here? Since Woody bought the team, we have not had a single HC that was HC at any level as far as I can tell (caveat: Bowles was interim HC for dolphins for three games in 2011 after Sparano was fired). That can't be a coincidence. 

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Capital punishment for unfunny jokes

Probably the best current head coaches on the hot seat are Jay Gruden and Jason Garrett. Both arent perfect but would be big upgrades over Todd Bowles. 

The only other coaches on the hot seat I could think of are Hue Jackson, Dirk Koetter, and Vance Joseph who in TBs league. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

No one else took it that way. I bet you didn't either. You just think you found an issue to bash Sperm over the head with to score internet debate points.

Sure they didn't.  

Bash Sperm over the head?  You've been paying attention I see.  That's how you see all of what went down.  That's pretty bad. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure they didn't.  

Bash Sperm over the head?  You've been paying attention I see.  That's how you see all of what went down.  That's pretty bad. 

Yeah my bad my feigned outrage fluency is a little rusty seeing as I haven’t been on a college campus in almost 20 years

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

This thread was trash from start . Now its completely off topic , Just lock it before it gets any worse . 

Just because @Jet Nut‘s skin is thinner than a sheepskin condom doesn’t mean the fun needs to stop for the normal human beings 

Archived