What is going on in Jax?

NYallDay

30 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Fowler come Monday? I’m with it

Fowler isn’t one of the 4 guys being rumored in this story so I don’t see a trade there unless you over pay, and if I’m over paying I’m over paying for Chandler Jones Mr. 1 sack a game.

Always nice to speculate on these things with zero evidence as to what happened so here is my take.

Players went out and partied not aware of some higher costs in Britain the establishment they went to saw and op to make a huge score and when the players finally got the bill their eyes bugged out and they refused to pay as they felt they were being ripped.

20 minutes ago, jamesr said:

From what I've read, there were bottles of champagne being sent to their table (not ordered), players thought they were on the house, then they appeared on the bill.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

At best very nieve, at worst dumb as a box of Rocks. If you go to a high end club/bar in London expect to be fleeced.

I stayed at the Conrad in Miami and they wanted $25 for two Budlights

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

At best very nieve, at worst dumb as a box of Rocks. If you go to a high end club/bar in London expect to be fleeced.

One thing's for sure, the squaring off of 4 NFL players vs. a bunch of London night club bouncers would have been interesting to watch! ;-) 

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

hey... I got held up at a small strip club in so ho. Told me I owed them 500 pounds after I drank one drink and had a girl on my lap for 10 min. They said she was a hostess and her services cost 350 pounds. Then there was the guy with the gun.  That place took the last 75 pounds I had lol 

Ya live and ya learn man. 

8 hours ago, NYallDay said:

@RapSheet: Our story on https://t.co/iLSuC0HswN detailing how #Jaguars defenders Barry Church, Ronnie Harrison, DJ Hayden and Jarrod Wilson were arrested but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh reminds me of the days of Matt O'Dwyer, Jumbo Elliot and Fabini ruining a NJ late night strip club. Those were the days. 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Always nice to speculate on these things with zero evidence as to what happened so here is my take.

Players went out and partied not aware of some higher costs in Britain the establishment they went to saw and op to make a huge score and when the players finally got the bill their eyes bugged out and they refused to pay as they felt they were being ripped.

This would not be far off:

I worked in hospitality for 20 years, and in locations with LOTS of celebrities. Not uncommon to put a few friends on a celebrity tab, have them order an expensive bottle of champagne, only to 'keep them coming.'  Sometimes it is made to look like the house is buying them some, only for a bill to come and have them all been charged for all.  Same with an entourage that gathers around them.  They can offer to buy people drinks, but many times people presume they can just put it on the rich people's tab.

My guess this is what led to the issue....

London night clubs are amongst the most expensive in the world, up there with Singapore, Dubai, St Tropez and Tokyo.  They’re like 30-40% more expensive then even high scale Manhattan costs.

A group of four people plus their entourage can easily spend that sort of money.  So if they were say 12 in total, that’s about 4K a person..  2k for the VIP table, another 2k in drinks and service.

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Fowler isn’t one of the 4 guys being rumored in this story so I don’t see a trade there unless you over pay, and if I’m over paying I’m over paying for Chandler Jones Mr. 1 sack a game.

5-11 (or worse) teams should be sellers, not buyers,

Archived