This Organization is Ruining Darnold

PS17

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Happy feet over throws? You mean as he’s trying to juggle a bad snap and avoid rushers in his face before he can look up?

Nico, todays not the day for excuses. Sam looked better when we drafted him then he does now. He was horrible today, and for the first time I thought he had more in common with Sanchez then the fact that they both went to USC. He's going backwards, and fast.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not offering a solution. I’m saying “the organization” didn’t make Darnold melt down in the 4th quarter for the second time in three weeks.

A lot of people here don't want to hear that, but it's true. We want him to be the guy so bad we're refusing to believe what our eyes are seeing.

20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Can you run through all 14 of Darnold's INTs and tell me exactly which ones aren't his fault? Thx in advance.

Couple of those were deflections. Today? Sam just sucked on his throws. Bad snaps not helpful but make no mistake kid sucked today. 

He needs to learn from this. He is on his own now 

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

A lot of people here don't want to hear that, but it's true. We want him to be the guy so bad we're refusing to believe what our eyes are seeing.

Pretty much. I think the entire coaching staff and front office should be fired. I get that Bates is a putz. I get that the receivers are crap. I get that he’s a rookie. But the offense has been non-competitive for three straight games. At some point it’s the quarterback’s fault, period. Do people really not realize that we had these exact same conversations about Sanchez and Geno?

Not worried in the least about Darnold. He is the least of our worries. And I will save this post.

The team is terrible. We need a new:

C, G, LT, WR 1, WR3, RB1, Edge, CB, Head Coach.

Center play is a joke. 

Happy we lost so we can take a LT to protect Sam. Hope that player  pans out

16 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Rooting for one team makes it impossible for me to root for another so it just ruins the sport for me. Like the knicks did with basketball. Since football is the only sport that I watch anymore, maybe I should just say F it. 

This is the 4th game I bailed on before the first half ended for my own sanity. 

Just do it man.  It sucks at first, but you are left feeling so much better when you just rip the band aid off and bail on 'em.  

For me it is the Knicks all over again.  I just can't care anymore.  Nothing will ever change.  They will never find a QB.  They will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.  The organization is rotten to it's core.

26 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I am at the mercy of nothing. I have better sh*t to be doing on a Sunday. Darnold was the only reason I was interested this year, and I'm watching this haunted house of a franchise destroy him. If Bowles and/or Mac are here next year,  they lose a long time fan and I take my kids with me. LOL. Find a fun, high energy team without the stink of "Loser" on them... I haven't lived in NY in almost 30 years. Dont know why I still give a sh*t about the Jersey Jets.

Who are you kidding? You'll be watching all of the games next year just like myself and the rest of the SOJ fans. It's a disease that none of us have a cure for. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Pretty much. I think the entire coaching staff and front office should be fired. I get that Bates is a putz. I get that the receivers are crap. I get that he’s a rookie. But the offense has been non-competitive for three straight games. At some point it’s the quarterback’s fault, period. Do people really not realize that we had these exact same conversations about Sanchez and Geno?

We had these conversation about Geno and Sanchez in their 2+ years

3 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Not worried in the least about Darnold. He is the least of our worries. And I will save this post.

The team is terrible. We need a new:

C, G, LT, WR 1, WR3, RB1, Edge, CB, Head Coach.

Center play is a joke. 

Happy we lost so we can take a LT to protect Sam. Hope that player  pans out

You left out GM.

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Who are you kidding? You'll be watching all of the games next year just like myself and the rest of the SOJ fans. It's a disease that none of us have a cure for. 

There was a time I MADE time for the Jets, as recently as 3 years ago. When we got Sam, my interest was back. 100%. 9 weeks later, I hit the gym this morning, went to the grocery store, and remembered to tune in during the second quarter. Disinterest is returning. Rapidly. 

We watched them ruin Sam Darnold. In less than a season. Its mind blowing. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There was a time I MADE time for the Jets, as recently as 3 years ago. When we got Sam, my interest was back. 100%. 9 weeks later, I hit the gym this morning, went to the grocery store, and remembered to tune in during the second quarter. Disinterest is returning. Rapidly. 

We watched them ruin Sam Darnold. In less than a season. Its mind blowing. 

I guess I have the disease worse than you. I've missed two Jets games since the late 80's and one of them was because my VCR malfunctioned. 

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Nico, todays not the day for excuses. Sam looked better when we drafted him then he does now. He was horrible today, and for the first time I thought he had more in common with Sanchez then the fact that they both went to USC. He's going backwards, and fast.

**** off you a$$hole. The team is asking a 21 year old to put the entire organizations offensive ineptitude on his back. I have never in my life witnessed a qb put in a more impossible situation- field position, bad snaps, pre snap penalties, bad OL, bad run game, bad play calling, blanketed receivers. 

What the eff was he supposed to do?

Darnold made some bad throws today but he was destined to fail today. The guy is asked to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t every play. He’s all alone out there.

Sanchez had the best OL in the game, a dominant run game, and elite playmakers at RB/TE/WR. He never flashed the ability or instincts that darnold shows every game (even today)

43 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Get Bowles out of here fast.  And he can take Bates with him.  They are stuck in the 20th century as far as offensive strategy goes.

I know Maccagnan has all this cap space, but I still think there are too many needs on offense to fill in just one offseason.  But a new, offensive-minded coach on the cutting edge would go a long way.

Does Mac go too ? I know Mac is being the “ coach’s gm “ by putting defense miles ahead of offense, in terms of drafting, FA $$. But that is a major flaw on his inability to lead, and knowing when to tell your coach “ just shut up and coach, let me worry about assembling the roster.” His poor drafting is showing also. Everyone in the world picks darnold at 3, so that does not excuse his horrible picks over the years.. his ignorance about the Oline shows how little he knows how to build a winner..

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

**** off you a$$hole. The team is asking a 21 year old to put the entire organizations offensive ineptitude on his back. I have never in my life witnessed a qb put in a more impossible situation- field position, bad snaps, pre snap penalties, bad OL, bad run game, bad play calling, blanketed receivers. 

What the eff was he supposed to do?

Darnold made some bad throws today but he was destined to fail today. The guy is asked to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t every play. He’s all alone out there.

Sanchez had the best OL in the game, a dominant run game, and elite playmakers at RB/TE/WR. He never flashed the ability or instincts that darnold shows every game (even today)

Have a Snickers buddy. You're not yourself when you're hungry.

He had a bad game not all his fault. The bad snaps partially threw him off and offense is based on timing. If the timing is off hard to be successful. But the Jets aren't ruining him. Even though Long should have been benched or not played at center. I heard the same thing with Mark Sanchez. Sam is a rookie Qb and hit a bump. You still see him mostly not being rattled and we were in that game at the end (because of the defense) but still in it.  I have no problem taking him out if he plays badly. But he's the starter and will be a good player. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Does Mac go too ? I know Mac is being the “ coach’s gm “ by putting defense miles ahead of offense, in terms of drafting, FA $$. But that is a major flaw on his inability to lead, and knowing when to tell your coach “ just shut up and coach, let me worry about assembling the roster.” His poor drafting is showing also. Everyone in the world picks darnold at 3, so that does not excuse his horrible picks over the years.. his ignorance about the Oline shows how little he knows how to build a winner..

excellent...

we got Darnold now so, no bellyaching...

but choosing Adams over Deshain Watson???  disgusting

Just now, Losmeister said:

excellent...

we got Darnold now so, no bellyaching...

but choosing Adams over Deshain Watson???  disgusting

Maccagnan should be fired for being bad, but picking a safety over two QB's who are both legit top 10 guys is the exact reason he has to go.

29 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This is the 4th game I bailed on before the first half ended for my own sanity. 

Just do it man.  It sucks at first, but you are left feeling so much better when you just rip the band aid off and bail on 'em.  

For me it is the Knicks all over again.  I just can't care anymore.  Nothing will ever change.  They will never find a QB.  They will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime.  The organization is rotten to it's core.

I think I used the Knicks analogy in another post as well. That was my team and then I said F it. It’s an insult to the fans when ownership truly doesn’t care and just want to make money. I only watch the Jets now and typically hate sports and sports culture. But I literally love this team and it’d be too tough to ever leave. I can handle 1 team even if it’s misery and not a shred of enjoyment.

He got hit more today than we've seen and had his helmet ripped off pretty nasty on one... While having his center almost willing him into danger and his receivers quitting on the field. It was a rough day and hopefully he learns from it.

Worst game of his season so far, but 'ruined' feels like hyperbole at this point. 

Archived