Sanchez Signs with Skins

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good, guy gets laughed at because he’s associated with this joke of a franchise. 

And the fact that he took over for the eagles who only had a couple of losses half way trough the season then lost entrance to the playoffs.
I supported him but Sanchez is what made this franchise laughable while he was here. Let’s be clear about that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

And the fact that he took over for the eagles who only had a couple of losses half way trough the season then lost entrance to the playoffs.
I supported him but Sanchez is what made this franchise laughable while he was here. Let’s be clear about that.

I’m not saying his a great QB but he’s a serviceable player that would be a top backup in the leuage. Not having him on a roster is a Joke.

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

He elevated the eagles offense, they blew it because they couldn't stop anyone.  The O averaged almost a TD more per game with Mark and most of the games were against playoff teams.  In his 8 starts 5 games were against teams that at least made the divisional round.  

15 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Back up to the great Colt McCoy is all you really need to know about how good or bad Sancho is.

Eventually he will surpass Fitz and McCown's number of teams they have signed with.

#5 pick lol.

I don't think he's as good of a con-artist as Fitz, nor as likable as McCown, to be able to pull off that tall task.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Doesn't mean they're unworthy of criticism.  It just means the Jets went from bad to worse as an organization. 

Agreed.

I think that is why we see more "patience" now.  Woody try to be a big shot and fire coaches and GMs that were not winning a championship.  What he ended up with was coaches and GMs that get him top 10 draft picks.  

That being said, if the Packers think that Mike McCarthy is not winning them a Super Bowl and want to fire him, we probably should be interested.  Not because McCarthy will take the Jets to the Super Bowl.  But rather that he might get us to the Playoffs, which we have not seen for 8 years.   Bowles is not getting us to the playoffs. 

I’m not saying his a great QB but he’s a serviceable player that would be a top backup in the leuage. Not having him on a roster is a Joke.

Agreed. He can fill the role of a backup quite well. A guy who can come in for a game or two And play well.
Anything more than that and you’re in trouble.

He elevated the eagles offense, they blew it because they couldn't stop anyone.  The O averaged almost a TD more per game with Mark and most of the games were against playoff teams.  In his 8 starts 5 games were against teams that at least made the divisional round.  

Mark Sanchez came in and looked really good for two weeks. Then he sh*t the bed and looked like

Agreed. He can fill the role of a backup quite well. A guy who can come in for a game or two And play well.
Anything more than that and you’re in trouble.

Sorry. I hit send on my half reply. and I’m on my phone so I can’t edit.

Mark looked good for a bit then he got all Sanchez and had a ton of turnovers like he does. If you can find the weekly breakdown, I’d be happy to discuss it but i won’t get searching for it.

The strength of the opponent is irrelevant. The eagles had a great season breeding and Sanchez blew it by making stupid errors and turnovers. That’s what i happened. I have spoken !

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Carl's here too?  Damn it!  My property value will plummet! 

Ha! I’m in DC proper. I can confirm values are high. Too high!

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I was only there once, the women seem nicer, better looking, friendlier, more foreign.. seemed like a much better place than nyc for the single male ha. Can you confirm ??‍♂️?

I can confirm my bumble has been buzzing, yes. 

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not this sh** again.

He got carried to 2 AFC Title games back in the day, and is the biggest (maybe only) reason neither of those teams won a Super Bowl. 

Sanchez sucks but that same team you claim carried him (and they did) did nothing when Sanchez decided to play well in the playoffs. 17 -0 Colts our wonderful defense folded. Comeback vs Steelers our Defense could not get the big stop/

12 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I agree I’m not mad at Sanchez at all.  

And the longer time goes by your guy Tannenbaum looks better and better when compared to his successors.  

It always amazes mw how any jet fans can hate Sanchez.  He helped us do great things his first couple of years. it's not his fault that after 2 title game apps they started taking away all the talent around him and by year 4 his main weapons were Chaz Schilens, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates.  I just hope we don't repeat the same mistakes w/ Darnold.  surrounding him w/ talent has to be priority #1.

12 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Mark Sanchez came in and looked really good for two weeks. Then he sh*t the bed and looked like

Not really.

his first game he came into a 7-7 game, he led his O to 24 pts the final 3 qtrs. in a 31-24 win at Arizona

1st start came a week later, he led O to 34 pts in a win over Carolina.

his next start was at GB, the team was awful in blowout loss.

he came back the following week and led O to 36 pts in a win over Ten.

Then led a 33-10 win at Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Next game was a bad one against great Seattle D as they lost 24-14 BUT the 14 pts he led them to were the most Seattle allowed in a game in the last 6 weeks of the season.  In those 6 games other than the 14 pts Philly scored the most they allowed was 7 in a game.

The next game was Dallas, they fell behind 21-0, he brought them back and Philly led 24-21 but D could not get a stop and they lost 38-27.

next week led them to 27 at Washington, in 3 pt loss where Kicker missed 34 and 46 yd FGs in the 2nd half.

last week was meaningless.

In only one game did he lead his O to less than 20 points and again that was against great Sea D that didn't allow another team in the final 6 games to score more than 7. w Foles starting the Eagles O didn't score over 30 pts in any game(they had exactly 30 twice).  w/ Sanchez the Eagles O scored over 30 3 times and scored 24 in 3 qtrs. against Arizona(projects to 31 over 4 qtrs.).  He did it against the MUCH tougher portion of the schedule.  In the 8 starts for Foles they faced ONE playoff bound team,  In Mark's 8 starts they played games against FIVE playoff bound teams and all 5 games were against teams that reached at least the divisional round.  1 game against eventual NFC champ, 2 games against conf title game teams, 5 games against div rd teams.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Sanchez sucks but that same team you claim carried him (and they did) did nothing when Sanchez decided to play well in the playoffs. 17 -0 Colts our wonderful defense folded. Comeback vs Steelers our Defense could not get the big stop/

The only season Mark sucked was 2012 when his main weapons were Chaz Schilens, Clyde Gates and Stephen Hill.

to clarify the Jets led 17-6 in Indy in the 2009 title game not 17-0, as soon as we scored to make it 17-6 the D allowed a quick, late score at the end of the 1st half to make it 17-13.  In Pitt the D allowed a 10 min or so drive to start the game that ended in a TD, they were run all over in the 1st half to get that bog deficit.  The we got it back to a 24-19 game w/ plenty of time left and the D allowed Pitt to run out the clock.  The D definitely lost us those 2 title games BUT as good as Mark was the D was the biggest reason we were in those games.

Sanchez was what he was. He could make the throws and keep the chains moving as long as he had a lot of talent around him. When it was all on him he failed but he wasn't that type of guy to begin with. The players around him made him better and it should be the other way around. I have no ill feelings for him and hope he does well in future endeavors. Just had to add this in for old times sake:

image.png

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not this sh** again.

He got carried to 2 AFC Title games back in the day, and is the biggest (maybe only) reason neither of those teams won a Super Bowl. 

So the QB had nothing to do with it? I expected better out of you. I'm disappointed.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Sanchez was what he was. He could make the throws and keep the chains moving as long as he had a lot of talent around him. When it was all on him he failed but he wasn't that type of guy to begin with. The players around him made him better and it should be the other way around. I have no ill feelings for him and hope he does well in future endeavors. Just had to add this in for old times sake:

image.png

Outside of the top guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben all the others need top talent around them to succeed. Mark could win with the right talent around him but he wasn't Brady, he couldn't win with Chaz schilens, Stephen hill, etc...

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Outside of the top guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Ben all the others need top talent around them to succeed. Mark could win with the right talent around him but he wasn't Brady, he couldn't win with Chaz schilens, Stephen hill, etc...

Yeah thats basically what I said except the elite guys make ordinary guys better and elevate their level of play. Sanchez couldn't do that.

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not this sh** again.

If I recall the entire let down in both those games. He was a young kid who never developed, partly because the staff could not and still can not develop young talent

So Sanchez beats out Kellen Clemens for the backup  to the backup spot in Washington.

By the way, Clemens lasted in the league for longer than Chad, the man he could never quite beat out for starter.

We seem to be able to draft QBs good enough to stick around the league forever, but not quite good enough to get us anywhere.

Archived