Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...

TuscanyTile2

Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: If Cleveland Offered The Jets Baker straight-up for Darnold, your answer would be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/2019 at 06:03 AM

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Of course. Mayfield is clearly the best rookie QB and has put together one of the best rookie qb seasons of all time. He's broke numerous rookie records, some going as far back as the 60's.

Leaving me to wonder what Mahomes might have looked like last year if he had played.  Maybe the year sitting really helped but we'll never know.

Sorry, but as much as I wanted Mayfield to be a Jet, this scenario isn't imaginable. Mayfield is on a different level right now. He plays nothing like a rookie, he's already one of the league's better QBs. We're better off hoping Darnold gets some help and develops into a solid starter next year. If Baker was a Jet this season, we'd be calling him the second coming of Namath from Day One. By midseason, guys would've been posting he'd be better.

4 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

F#CK NO.

Mayfield and Darnold will both be quality playmaking QB's. In terms of intangibles Mayfield's outspoken passion is exactly what the listless Browns needed and Darnold is just the kind of quiet presence that will last in New York a long time.

We got ours they got theirs. End of Story.

If baker were the QB, you gotta bring rex back. Would be epic 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Of course. Mayfield is clearly the best rookie QB and has put together one of the best rookie qb seasons of all time. He's broke numerous rookie records, some going as far back as the 60's.

Yes baker had impressive numbers but it is folly to compare his rookie numbers to those of QBs who played their rookie season before the NFL changed all the rules to favor the passing game.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sorry, but as much as I wanted Mayfield to be a Jet, this scenario isn't imaginable. Mayfield is on a different level right now. He plays nothing like a rookie, he's already one of the league's better QBs. We're better off hoping Darnold gets some help and develops into a solid starter next year. If Baker was a Jet this season, we'd be calling him the second coming of Namath from Day One. By midseason, guys would've been posting he'd be better.

Behind this Jets Oline? Lol. Mayfield would have been in the hospital in a Head to toe cast.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

BTW The poll results show 90% prefer Darnold right now. Football fans across the country would be laughing their arses off at this thread. :rl:

The goofs who inhabit twitter, the ESPN comments section and use a fantasy football guideline to judge performance?

Probably 

“Baker better, bro. Just look at the stats! You mad?” 

*insert crying Michael Jordan meme*

Etc, Etc.

I am a Big Mayfield fan & wanted the Jets to draft him but the Browns selected him 1st overall so that left us drafting Sam.  I really liked Sam @ USC but I just liked Mayfield more.  Ironically I find the Jets made the right choice in drafting Sam, I think Sam's demeanor is Exactly what the Jets need, I also feel Mayfield's demeanor is perfect for the Browns... I feel that Both teams drafted the appropriate players to Lead their respective teams to success for hopefully the next decade plus... I Choose Sam.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

BTW The poll results show 90% prefer Darnold right now. Football fans across the country would be laughing their arses off at this thread. :rl:

We'll revisit your rolling on the ground laughing emoji in 2020. You have to be a Cleveland troll.

16 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Yes baker had impressive numbers but it is folly to compare his rookie numbers to those of QBs who played their rookie season before the NFL changed all the rules to favor the passing game.

And yet the stats are compared anyways. Every qb today has that same opportunity to be compared. 

Mannings/Wilson's Rookie TD record stood for 20 years. Plenty of rookies played in this era of football and the record still stood. Mayfield broke it and didnt even start a game until week 4. 

That's what makes it even more impressive.

When Brees passed Favre this season all time I doubt folks were sitting there like "those are impressive numbers but its folly....".

I mean, you can if you want, but it doesnt hold much value. 

As much as I hate to admit it, Baker Mayfield is (to date) the best of the QB class.  Second would be Darnold who arguably had the least to work with of any rookie QB.  A close third is surprisingly Josh Allen.  He clearly improved his game week to week despite having only one pro receiver to throw to.   Forth is Lamar Jackson. endless energy, blazing speed and an absolute cannon, however I cant say I trust him on a game winning  drive at this stage.  Lastly Josh Rosen, he has shown a few glimpses, but just a few.  His OL and supporting cast is comparable to Darnold's with Darnold having significantly better results...so much for the most NFL ready QB.

I said no. Baker had a nice season and will be a good quarterback. His size still worries me . Sam’s  a prototypical quarterback , can make all the throws, has pocket presence and I love his personality . He’s younger than Mayfield and in my opinion has much more upside . Hopefully we can surround him with enough talent and a competent coaching staff so he can fully realize his potential . 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

I don't live in New York (obviously) but I would think the media would love Mayfield for all the column inches and TV time he would give them.

I think he would have been killed for the childish stare down of a coach who helped him become the number 1 pick.  It was such a scumbag move.

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And yet the stats are compared anyways. Every qb today has that same opportunity to be compared. 

Mannings/Wilson's Rookie TD record stood for 20 years. Plenty of rookies played in this era of football and the record still stood. Mayfield broke it and didnt even start a game until week 4. 

That's what makes it even more impressive.

When Brees passed Favre this season all time I doubt folks were sitting there like "those are impressive numbers but its folly....".

I mean, you can if you want, but it doesnt hold much value. 

So, is Namath's 4,000 yd season ho hum because 10 QBs had over 4000 yds passing this season, or did those 10 QBs do something really special because they exceeded Namath's yards? 

14 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, is Namath's 4,000 yd season ho hum because 10 QBs had over 4000 yds passing this season, or did those 10 QBs do something really special because they exceeded Namath's yards? 

Did 10 rookie qb's break Manning's/Wilson's record that stood for 2 decades until tonight?

Did 2 even do so???? Lol

And stop gassing this poor argument @TuscanyTile2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Every year the rules increasingly favor offense.  

And yet that isnt the topic. 

If it was that simple, the record wouldn't have stood for 2 decades, being tied once by another short qb folks said couldnt play. 

Give the kid credit. It doesnt mean you dont love Darnold, but the argument is lame

Archived