GASE ON FRANCESA

SAR I

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

His mistake yesterday was that he didn't take the time to create a speech that answered all the questions and set the tone for the media.  He was a fish out of water in that setting yesterday.  But once he got to breakouts with individual writers and broadcasters he calmed down with the facial anxiety and got normal again.  Hey, we now have a set of gif's and meme's to use any time something questionable happens so there's that.

We hate Joe Beningo.  Please change your avatar.  Thanks.

SAR I

Agreed on Gase's preparedness for the presser.  But not a big deal.

Agree that Benigno is the biggest moron on WFAN as well as being the most obnoxious Jets fan in the public eye.  Guys like him are what give Jets fans the reputation for being dumb and clueless. Amazing that the dude here uses Benigno's classic infantile whine as his screen name and his disgusting photo to represent himself.  Can you imagine how the young WFAN female employee(s) he inappropriately hit on must have felt about the letch?  Everytime that face pops up, any sane Jets fan wants to puke.  

Plus the guy neg reps everything I post now.   Oh my, I'm so crushed! Whatever shall I do?   :biggrin:  Poor guy.  I think his wittle feelings are hurt.  Maybe it's Joe B himself.   LOL.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent.  

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase on Darnold:  It's a combination of both shaping him and listening to him as to what he's good at now.  He seems to be a guy that wants a challenge, he wants to better himself.  We are going to push each other.

I want him to create an offense tailor-made for Sam's skill set.  Gase is smart enough to do it.  It could be special and he's probably the best guy to do it.  More than McCarthy would have been.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Francesa pushing him on his "style" of offense (wide open, big play, control, etc.) and Gase states he will do what our personnel will allow us to do.  Dictated by who we have on the roster and who we are playing.  He's not going to force the team to play a style that he wants to play, he's going to adapt and flex situationally.

and that, right there, is probably the difference between Gase and McCarthy.  From what I've read, McCarthy's offense changed very little over his time.  Pure West Coast and fairly inflexible.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Francesa pushing him on his "style" of offense (wide open, big play, control, etc.) and Gase states he will do what our personnel will allow us to do.  Dictated by who we have on the roster and who we are playing.  He's not going to force the team to play a style that he wants to play, he's going to adapt and flex situationally.

I like this a lot. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Link blocked on my end. Europe has been going through some crazy internet privacy changes the past 4-6 months. Websites such as the Daily news i can't access. 

I appreciate it though

Maybe you can get the Browns' feed instead?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mike:  Are you going to be involved in the defense?

Gase:  I want to hire someone who can run the defense.

I believe Kim Jones said it yesterday, but didn't the organization learn from Rex Ryan?  He just wanted to run the defense, rarely went to offensive meetings until called out on it.  I like the Williams hire but as head coach Gase should stay involved.

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

It’s the coordinator’s job 

Not always.  Lots of offensive-minded HCs do and have called plays successfully.  We haven't seen it on the Jets but it's something that does work and, like anything else, there are times when it doesn't make sense.  It makes some sense here because it will be Gase giving Sam every detail.  It should go a long way towards Sam's development.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Francesa:  You've done well in the AFC East.  What was your impression of the Jets in the six games you coached against them?

Gase:  It was always tough for us to play the Jets, every game was a down to the wire battle.  We always struggled to run the ball, we always scored late to get the win.  The environment last year in NJ was tough, it was very loud, somehow we converted a 3rd and 19 or that game would have been different.  The Jets were always tough and a physical out.

Frank Gore.  Where are you, Jamal?

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is the right type of HC we need for now. A guy who is going to focus on ensuring Sam Darnold will reach his full potential. This guy has been outrighr saying “I’m going to devote my time to Sam, and build an offense WITH him.” I mean that’s exactly what we needed. The scary thing is we went 8-8, Bowles would still be our coach and Darnold would be on the road to becoming a game managing QB.

Whatever happens after the next few years, if Darnold becomes a star but we’re 9-7 missing the playoffs...then we get a CEO HC who can manage the whole team.

^This.  Exactly why Gase is the better choice and why he should be calling the plays.  

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Agreed on Gase's preparedness for the presser.  But not a big deal.

Agree that Benigno is the biggest moron on WFAN as well as being the most obnoxious Jets fan in the public eye.  Guys like him are what give Jets fans the reputation for being dumb and clueless. Amazing that the dude here uses Benigno's classic infantile whine as his screen name and his disgusting photo to represent himself.  Canyou imagine how the WFAN female(s) he inappropriately hit on must have felt about the letch?  Everytime that face pops up, any sane Jets fan wants to puke.  

Plus the guy neg reps everything I post now.   Oh my I'm so crushed!  :biggrin:  Poor little baby.  I think his wittle feelings are hurt.  Maybe it's Joe B himself.   LOL.  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to vent.  

Oh. I thought it WAS Joe?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

HighlevelUnfinishedHeterodontosaurus-siz

latest?cb=20150704195632

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

We can only hope.

Question.....which rookie is going to imitate Gase from his first press conference as part of the rookie talent show?

I suspect it will have to be whoever we draft in the 1st round so he can keep his job....I'd kill to see video of it.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

That was so annoying. fat boy refused to accept his answer, and re asked it at least 4 times until finally moving on. I give a lot of credit to Gase for being a good sport to a guy who knows maybe 1/24 about football than what he claims.. of course mike had to take shots at him after 

29 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That was so annoying. fat boy refused to accept his answer, and re asked it at least 4 times until finally moving on. I give a lot of credit to Gase for being a good sport to a guy who knows maybe 1/24 about football than what he claims.. of course mike had to take shots at him after 

What were these "shots"?

Hmmmmm?

20190115_123529.jpg.8067e93c8b8c5d2e99e41d7ed56f3fb9.jpg

i have to agree his radio interviews with Kay and Francesa were great.

i particularly loved when he said, i don't have twitter i don't have Instagram i don't read the papers and i don't watch TV. between him and Darnold they may just never stick their head out of the film room between April and whenever the season ends. 

5 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I hear ya, and I have now come around on the Gase hire, but part of me worries.  I just hope this is not another Rex Ryan thing (except he's offense where Rex was defense).  everyone said Rex was a great DC, but knew nothing about offense and that's why he failed.  just hope this doesn't happen again in reverse.

I think the DC being a HC is much harder because the game is so tilted towards offense. So, I don’t think it’s exactly the same. Plus Rex never had someone of Gregg Williams’ caliber running the offense. 

We’re in good shape. Gase focuSing on Darnold is the the right thing. Once that kid starts playing great, the wins will start flowing. Jets fans won’t know what to do with themselves. 

Archived