Jump to content
Lith

Kareem Hunt Signs with Browns

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, He's exactly what we need, but at least Macc and his wife... aaah, never mind, I don't want to get in trouble here.

I wonder if Mac happened to catch Hackenberg in his new gig. He must be so proud of his pick

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, He's exactly what we need, but at least Macc and his wife... aaah, never mind, I don't want to get in trouble here.

Between this post, and your one right above it, welcome to the board Stephen A. Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, I mean everyone clearly should have bowed to the brilliance of those championing the excellence of the Browns prior to their epic 0-16 and 1-15 seasons.

After their turn around with Greg Williams I gotta think their crappiness was spelled....HUE JACKSON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, I mean everyone clearly should have bowed to the brilliance of those championing the excellence of the Browns prior to their epic 0-16 and 1-15 seasons.

Key word would be "future"...show me one person who wouldn't switch rosters with the Browns right now and I'll show you someone who doesn't know football. I know that critical thinking and foresight are rare commodities these days but holy hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Do we even know if Hunt will play in 2019? He should get a very long suspension. But still a good football move for the Browns. Probably got him cheap. 

It's odd because they just drafted Nick Chubb who looks great. So even if Hunt only gets a 6-8 game suspension I don't see Hunt having a huge role on this team unless Chubb gets hurt. 

I know its odd for Jets fans to consider having ONE great NFL talent, much less TWO. I'm sure they will find a way to split carries just like they do in NO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thai Jet said:

After their turn around with Greg Williams I gotta think their crappiness was spelled....HUE JACKSON.

Oh, no doubt.  But it's just a little comical for anyone to try to pat themselves on the back for supposed foresight, when the earlier days of the Browns being credited as built so amazingly also happened to feature an entirely different front office and coaching staff, with significant roster changes since then as well.

While I agree the Browns seem to be trending upwards now, I also consider it to be less than a sure thing for a team that is now being run by a career position-coach with two months of coordinating experience, because your little intolerable douche of a QB liked him best.  We'll see I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Between this post, and your one right above it, welcome to the board Stephen A. Smith.

Thanks for the snark, but my first post was 100% fact. You (or I may not like that, but it is. The second post is me stopping myself before I comment on Macc letting his and his wife's personal views possibly affecting him doing his job. Sorry if that bothered you.

Where's your moral outrage when it comes to Crowell and Anderson, btw? Or does their behavior get a pass because they wear a green jersey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

After their turn around with Greg Williams I gotta think their crappiness was spelled....HUE JACKSON.

Yup, don’t know how Hue could get a job anywhere in football, NFL or the college ranks.  He’s a rat, blaming everyone but himself for what happened in Cleveland....spilling all dirt that went on in that organization and it’s players.....if he divulged that stuff to the powers in Heritage Hall at USC, I imagine he’s talking his trash to anyone who’ll listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Do we even know if Hunt will play in 2019? He should get a very long suspension. But still a good football move for the Browns. Probably got him cheap. 

It's odd because they just drafted Nick Chubb who looks great. So even if Hunt only gets a 6-8 game suspension I don't see Hunt having a huge role on this team unless Chubb gets hurt. 

By the time Hunt can play, Chubb will probably be done his rookie contract.  They can then slide Hunt in at a low cost!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at what the Patriots did with Sony Michel who are injured at the beginning of the year.   He came back and won them a Super Bowl.

They can run Chubb into the ground, replace him with Hunt, and then have both in the playoffs after Chubb recovers.  

Haslam, in the same Division as the Steelers and Ravens, is sick of losing.   They are going for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

By the time Hunt can play, Chubb will probably be done his rookie contract.  They can then slide Hunt in at a low cost!

I think Hunt only signed a 1 year deal which will render him a FA after 2019. Plus Chubb will be on his rookie contract through 2021. This just seems like a short term insurance policy by a franchise that knows it's fanbase is desperate for a good team and willing to overlook Hunt's past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh, no doubt.  But it's just a little comical for anyone to try to pat themselves on the back for supposed foresight, when the earlier days of the Browns being credited as built so amazingly also happened to feature an entirely different front office and coaching staff, with significant roster changes since then as well.

While I agree the Browns seem to be trending upwards now, I also consider it to be less than a sure thing for a team that is now being run by a career position-coach with two months of coordinating experience, because your little intolerable douche of a QB liked him best.  We'll see I suppose.

How do you feel about your douche RB and WR?

If Mayfield was the Jets QB you'd love him twice as much as you do Darnold. So stop with the moral compass BS. 

I'd kill to have the new GM who's running that team. BTW I'd take Mayfield and Kitchens also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To think the posters on the board were worried about the "volatility"  of our team, with Gase and Williams. Haha.  Wait till we get a gander at this bunch.  All teams hit a rough patch, at various times during a season, and this crew will invariably hit a few bumps too.  When that happens, and it will, we will truly see the "mettle" of the man/child Mayfield, and his "leadership" skills.  It will also be interesting to see how Dorsey responds, he's not the stable, calming influence he's been made out to be.. This has the potential  to be a great situation, or an absolute train wreck.  Stay tuned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great day for the Jets, McCagnon should have been fired a long time ago. Everyone cries for this team to get talented players, or who Jamaal calls "Dawgs". We all knew that someone would sign this talented player who is a star. Why not us? Because our dope of a GM and along with his wife and their personal opinions chose not to sign Hunt. If McCagnon has such high morals, why didn't he cut Robbie after his incident? There are a lot of players in the NFL who are not choir boys. If a player has the talent it doesn't matter, he will get a team to sign him. The Browns finally got it right as an organization and set up a front office that looks like it will succeed. Us, we keep the same buffoon that has ran us into the ground for 4 years. Now we have to rely on him to draft again and utilize all the money for FAs. Does anyone here trust he will do anything better than he has before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GaryM said:

Another great day for the Jets, McCagnon should have been fired a long time ago. Everyone cries for this team to get talented players, or who Jamaal calls "Dawgs". We all knew that someone would sign this talented player who is a star. Why not us? Because our dope of a GM and along with his wife and their personal opinions chose not to sign Hunt. If McCagnon has such high morals, why didn't he cut Robbie after his incident? There are a lot of players in the NFL who are not choir boys. If a player has the talent it doesn't matter, he will get a team to sign him. The Browns finally got it right as an organization and set up a front office that looks like it will succeed. Us, we keep the same buffoon that has ran us into the ground for 4 years. Now we have to rely on him to draft again and utilize all the money for FAs. Does anyone here trust he will do anything better than he has before?

An NFL player physically assaulting a 19 yr yr old girl, is universally frowned upon. I certainly hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Cleveland has become the new Bengals.

At least Baker can handle it, he had Mixon and other thugs at UO on his team.

Sorry Helen but you have this wrong Very.  So you think it was "Baker" handling the situation at Oklahoma who kept Mixon and the "other thugs" in line?  Is this the same "voice of reason" that can be seen in a myriad of Videos being "chased down and sacked" by Police during his drunken arrest?  Is this the same "choir boy" who pled guilty to three charges in that case, and has been cited for various other "misadventures" during his "misguided youth", which he is still in, by the way?  Let's stop the "sweetening up" of Baker Mayfield, once and for all, and recognize him for what he is.  He is  a talented, undersized, underdog, BIG MOUTH, who may or may not, develop into a upper tier quarterback in this league.  Let's not sugar coat or glorify it further than that.  That's what the "press" is for.   I, for one, am thrilled he's not ours.  Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

After their turn around with Greg Williams I gotta think their crappiness was spelled....HUE JACKSON.

That's not how you spell talent. The Browns were crappy because the roster is crappy. Mayfield showed up ahead of schedule but they still have miles to go. They hit back to back to back home runs with Mayfield and Ward and Garrett to manifest a young core out of nowhere but the depth chart is still thin all over the place. They should be good at running back now but the line is mediocre and the receiver group is as sh*tty as ours is. The difference between them and us is that Darnold is maybe and Mayfield is already there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sorry Helen but you have this wrong Very.  So you think it was "Baker" handling the situation at Oklahoma who kept Mixon and the "other thugs" in line?  Is this the same "voice of reason" that can be seen in a myriad of Videos being "chased down and sacked" by Police during his drunken arrest?  Is this the same "choir boy" who pled guilty to three charges in that case, and has been cited for various other "misadventures" during his "misguided youth", which he is still in, by the way?  Let's stop the "sweetening up" of Baker Mayfield, once and for all, and recognize him for what he is.  He is  a talented, undersized, underdog, BIG MOUTH, who may or may not, develop into a upper tier quarterback in this league.  Let's not sugar coat or glorify it further than that.  That's what the "press" is for.   I, for one, am thrilled he's not ours.  Regards.

Tongue in cheek darling, tongue in cheek.

Can’t deny Bakers talent though....a lot of the stuff you mention above is not beyond what millions of college kids do while in school.  Many plain students are just as loud, obnoxious and doing crazy things while drunk.

True that I don’t want that in my QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sorry Helen but you have this wrong Very.  So you think it was "Baker" handling the situation at Oklahoma who kept Mixon and the "other thugs" in line?  Is this the same "voice of reason" that can be seen in a myriad of Videos being "chased down and sacked" by Police during his drunken arrest?  Is this the same "choir boy" who pled guilty to three charges in that case, and has been cited for various other "misadventures" during his "misguided youth", which he is still in, by the way?  Let's stop the "sweetening up" of Baker Mayfield, once and for all, and recognize him for what he is.  He is  a talented, undersized, underdog, BIG MOUTH, who may or may not, develop into a upper tier quarterback in this league.  Let's not sugar coat or glorify it further than that.  That's what the "press" is for.   I, for one, am thrilled he's not ours.  Regards.

Reasons Baker Mayfield totally isn't all that great you guys:

1. Boldface

2. Quotation marks

3. Caps lock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×