Kareem Hunt Signs with Browns

Lith

Just now, Thai Jet said:

After their turn around with Greg Williams I gotta think their crappiness was spelled....HUE JACKSON.

Oh, no doubt.  But it's just a little comical for anyone to try to pat themselves on the back for supposed foresight, when the earlier days of the Browns being credited as built so amazingly also happened to feature an entirely different front office and coaching staff, with significant roster changes since then as well.

While I agree the Browns seem to be trending upwards now, I also consider it to be less than a sure thing for a team that is now being run by a career position-coach with two months of coordinating experience, because your little intolerable douche of a QB liked him best.  We'll see I suppose.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Between this post, and your one right above it, welcome to the board Stephen A. Smith.

Thanks for the snark, but my first post was 100% fact. You (or I may not like that, but it is. The second post is me stopping myself before I comment on Macc letting his and his wife's personal views possibly affecting him doing his job. Sorry if that bothered you.

Where's your moral outrage when it comes to Crowell and Anderson, btw? Or does their behavior get a pass because they wear a green jersey?

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

After their turn around with Greg Williams I gotta think their crappiness was spelled....HUE JACKSON.

Yup, don’t know how Hue could get a job anywhere in football, NFL or the college ranks.  He’s a rat, blaming everyone but himself for what happened in Cleveland....spilling all dirt that went on in that organization and it’s players.....if he divulged that stuff to the powers in Heritage Hall at USC, I imagine he’s talking his trash to anyone who’ll listen.

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Do we even know if Hunt will play in 2019? He should get a very long suspension. But still a good football move for the Browns. Probably got him cheap. 

It's odd because they just drafted Nick Chubb who looks great. So even if Hunt only gets a 6-8 game suspension I don't see Hunt having a huge role on this team unless Chubb gets hurt. 

By the time Hunt can play, Chubb will probably be done his rookie contract.  They can then slide Hunt in at a low cost!

Look at what the Patriots did with Sony Michel who are injured at the beginning of the year.   He came back and won them a Super Bowl.

They can run Chubb into the ground, replace him with Hunt, and then have both in the playoffs after Chubb recovers.  

Haslam, in the same Division as the Steelers and Ravens, is sick of losing.   They are going for it. 

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

By the time Hunt can play, Chubb will probably be done his rookie contract.  They can then slide Hunt in at a low cost!

I think Hunt only signed a 1 year deal which will render him a FA after 2019. Plus Chubb will be on his rookie contract through 2021. This just seems like a short term insurance policy by a franchise that knows it's fanbase is desperate for a good team and willing to overlook Hunt's past. 

18 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh, no doubt.  But it's just a little comical for anyone to try to pat themselves on the back for supposed foresight, when the earlier days of the Browns being credited as built so amazingly also happened to feature an entirely different front office and coaching staff, with significant roster changes since then as well.

While I agree the Browns seem to be trending upwards now, I also consider it to be less than a sure thing for a team that is now being run by a career position-coach with two months of coordinating experience, because your little intolerable douche of a QB liked him best.  We'll see I suppose.

How do you feel about your douche RB and WR?

If Mayfield was the Jets QB you'd love him twice as much as you do Darnold. So stop with the moral compass BS. 

I'd kill to have the new GM who's running that team. BTW I'd take Mayfield and Kitchens also.

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Thanks for the snark, but my first post was 100% fact. You (or I may not like that, but it is. The second post is me stopping myself before I comment on Macc letting his and his wife's personal views possibly affecting him doing his job. Sorry if that bothered you.

Where's your moral outrage when it comes to Crowell and Anderson, btw? Or does their behavior get a pass because they wear a green jersey?

Show me the video of either one of those guys pummeling a woman. On their worst days these guys aren’t even close to the filth that this guy is. And you know it. 

To think the posters on the board were worried about the "volatility"  of our team, with Gase and Williams. Haha.  Wait till we get a gander at this bunch.  All teams hit a rough patch, at various times during a season, and this crew will invariably hit a few bumps too.  When that happens, and it will, we will truly see the "mettle" of the man/child Mayfield, and his "leadership" skills.  It will also be interesting to see how Dorsey responds, he's not the stable, calming influence he's been made out to be.. This has the potential  to be a great situation, or an absolute train wreck.  Stay tuned.

Another great day for the Jets, McCagnon should have been fired a long time ago. Everyone cries for this team to get talented players, or who Jamaal calls "Dawgs". We all knew that someone would sign this talented player who is a star. Why not us? Because our dope of a GM and along with his wife and their personal opinions chose not to sign Hunt. If McCagnon has such high morals, why didn't he cut Robbie after his incident? There are a lot of players in the NFL who are not choir boys. If a player has the talent it doesn't matter, he will get a team to sign him. The Browns finally got it right as an organization and set up a front office that looks like it will succeed. Us, we keep the same buffoon that has ran us into the ground for 4 years. Now we have to rely on him to draft again and utilize all the money for FAs. Does anyone here trust he will do anything better than he has before?

4 minutes ago, GaryM said:

Another great day for the Jets, McCagnon should have been fired a long time ago. Everyone cries for this team to get talented players, or who Jamaal calls "Dawgs". We all knew that someone would sign this talented player who is a star. Why not us? Because our dope of a GM and along with his wife and their personal opinions chose not to sign Hunt. If McCagnon has such high morals, why didn't he cut Robbie after his incident? There are a lot of players in the NFL who are not choir boys. If a player has the talent it doesn't matter, he will get a team to sign him. The Browns finally got it right as an organization and set up a front office that looks like it will succeed. Us, we keep the same buffoon that has ran us into the ground for 4 years. Now we have to rely on him to draft again and utilize all the money for FAs. Does anyone here trust he will do anything better than he has before?

An NFL player physically assaulting a 19 yr yr old girl, is universally frowned upon. I certainly hope so.

44 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Cleveland has become the new Bengals.

At least Baker can handle it, he had Mixon and other thugs at UO on his team.

Sorry Helen but you have this wrong Very.  So you think it was "Baker" handling the situation at Oklahoma who kept Mixon and the "other thugs" in line?  Is this the same "voice of reason" that can be seen in a myriad of Videos being "chased down and sacked" by Police during his drunken arrest?  Is this the same "choir boy" who pled guilty to three charges in that case, and has been cited for various other "misadventures" during his "misguided youth", which he is still in, by the way?  Let's stop the "sweetening up" of Baker Mayfield, once and for all, and recognize him for what he is.  He is  a talented, undersized, underdog, BIG MOUTH, who may or may not, develop into a upper tier quarterback in this league.  Let's not sugar coat or glorify it further than that.  That's what the "press" is for.   I, for one, am thrilled he's not ours.  Regards.

45 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That's not how you spell talent. The Browns were crappy because the roster is crappy. Mayfield showed up ahead of schedule but they still have miles to go. They hit back to back to back home runs with Mayfield and Ward and Garrett to manifest a young core out of nowhere but the depth chart is still thin all over the place. They should be good at running back now but the line is mediocre and the receiver group is as sh*tty as ours is. The difference between them and us is that Darnold is maybe and Mayfield is already there.

6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sorry Helen but you have this wrong Very.  So you think it was "Baker" handling the situation at Oklahoma who kept Mixon and the "other thugs" in line?  Is this the same "voice of reason" that can be seen in a myriad of Videos being "chased down and sacked" by Police during his drunken arrest?  Is this the same "choir boy" who pled guilty to three charges in that case, and has been cited for various other "misadventures" during his "misguided youth", which he is still in, by the way?  Let's stop the "sweetening up" of Baker Mayfield, once and for all, and recognize him for what he is.  He is  a talented, undersized, underdog, BIG MOUTH, who may or may not, develop into a upper tier quarterback in this league.  Let's not sugar coat or glorify it further than that.  That's what the "press" is for.   I, for one, am thrilled he's not ours.  Regards.

Tongue in cheek darling, tongue in cheek.

Can’t deny Bakers talent though....a lot of the stuff you mention above is not beyond what millions of college kids do while in school.  Many plain students are just as loud, obnoxious and doing crazy things while drunk.

True that I don’t want that in my QB.

8 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Reasons Baker Mayfield totally isn't all that great you guys:

1. Boldface

2. Quotation marks

3. Caps lock

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Tongue in cheek darling, tongue in cheek.

I was reading the thread from the bottom up because I made remarks prior to reading the other responses.  My good friend @14 in Green lit the fuse, amongst other posts, and when I got to yours, I was too far gone.  BOOM!  That, and I'm not used to you being sarcastic, you hide it so well,  Anyhow......

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

i hate this team lol. Like no, suck at football just like we do. 

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

And yet there were posters the last couple of years who would get their panties in a bunch when people would say that the Browns were set up for a brighter future than the Jets. 

I wouldn't go sucking off the Browns just yet gents... Next thing you know Mayfield is on video assaulting a cleveland cop and Hunt is seen egging him on... Seeing as it's cleveland and all something will go wrong.

32 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Reasons Baker Mayfield totally isn't all that great you guys:

1. Boldface

2. Quotation marks

3. Caps lock

Dear "Insect",  Don't get me started.  The next constructive, positive, observation you make will be the first.  Thanks for the snarky, disingenious, contribution.  Fascinating, as usual.  And, for your information Genius,  the Browns had the second rated Offensive Line in all of football last year.  Try paying attention to things like that instead  of looking to criticize other posters, understand?

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Dear "Insect"

I’m going to address someone that I don’t like exactly like this one day

“Dear inferior insect with a pathetically insignificant existence to mankind, watch your freakin back, dude.” 

17 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I was reading the thread from the bottom up because I made remarks prior to reading the other responses.  My good friend @14 in Green lit the fuse, amongst other posts, and when I got to yours, I was too far gone.  BOOM!  That, and I'm not used to you being sarcastic, you hide it so well,  Anyhow......

I’m sarcastic and snarky 50% of the time on here. 

Yeah, 14 posted on here, directed a comment to one of my first posts,  about Sam and his squeaky clean reputation....14 stated he cared more about winning than character, and if it meant bringing in more thugs, he was all for it.

Win at all costs..,

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Show me the video of either one of those guys pummeling a woman. On their worst days these guys aren’t even close to the filth that this guy is. And you know it. 

Don't turn this into a thing where you think you're on a higher moral ground then me, and I need to defend Hunt's actions to you. You're the one who made the Stephen A. Smith remark just to be a jack***. What I said was 100% true. Hunt has NOT been charged with a crime. I'll stand by my Macc post also. 

You should look up the definition of "pummeling". A person would be charged with battery for pummeling another person on video, so you're either exaggerating or using shock jock tactics with that word, to again make you feel your on higher moral ground.

Finally, you might want to find another diversion instead of watching football if you have trouble rooting for teams that have players who've shown violent or criminal tendencies. Football is a violent game played by violent people. They are young, have a lot of money and a lot of them have a sense of privilege and entitlement. At the pro and even college level, the more talented the player is, the more likely his team and or school is likely to bend over backward to overlook any "transgressions" that player commits. That's just the way it is, it doesn't matter if we approve, and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think Hunt only signed a 1 year deal which will render him a FA after 2019. Plus Chubb will be on his rookie contract through 2021. This just seems like a short term insurance policy by a franchise that knows it's fanbase is desperate for a good team and willing to overlook Hunt's past. 

NFL.com said he'll be a restricted FA after this year.

Archived