Antonio Brown to Raiders

jetsons

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I loved what gruden was doing up to this point.  He was rebuilding the right way.  But how does this make sense in the rebuilding plan?

i dont get it.

You don't get it.  J Gruden loves veteran players , over rookie players every time. There was no accident that when he left the Raiders the first time coaching the Raiders - they  had the oldest roster.

He wants Antonio Brown to be the veteran to show the young Wr's how's it's done.  See Jerry Rice the Goat and after practice was constantly working on his routes.- Youngsters see that dedication from the best, and it stays with you.    He will always have mixture of old and young.   

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

You don't get it.  J Gruden loves veteran players , over rookie players every time. There was no accident that when he left the Raiders the first time coaching the Raiders - they  had the oldest roster.

He wants Antonio Brown to be the veteran to show the young Wr's how's it's done.  See Jerry Rice the Goat and after practice was constantly working on his routes.- Youngsters see that dedication from the best, and it stays with you.    He will always have mixture of old and young.   

Because that is what AB did in Pitt.

2 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Maybe he knew that Brown was not going to play here!!! Remember he is a diva!

Probably the Raiders going to Vegas ( No state income tax state) was very appealing to Antonio Brown.   I'm glad the Raiders are leaving California high tax state- hard to compete against states that have no state income tax.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Brown on the Raiders. You want it to turn out well but you just know its going to be a sad end to a great career.

I personally don’t care if it turns out well or not.

Brown wanted a fresh start and more money. He’s getting both. 

The grass isn’t always greener, but after reworking his contract, his wallet definitely is.

If he crashes and burns with the Raiders, so be it. He already got what he wanted.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Because that is what AB did in Pitt.

The Raiders made him the highest paid Wr, Gruden is going expect Antonio Bryant to do exactly that.    Don't be surprised if they draft Hollywood .   Marquise " Hollywood " Brown .  Antonio Brown cousin.

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Brown was traded for a 3rd and a 5th and Mac was completely uninterested? Took the Jets out of consideration? Sorry to tell you our GM Sucks!

I totally agree but we just don't have the fire power to get involved in a deal like this for anyone.  

We cant be left with 2 draft picks in the upcoming NFL draft we have way too many glaring needs.

Our WR's are JAG's we lack a true #1. 

This is year 5 of Mike Maccagnan its his make or break year as far as the Johnson brothers are concerned. 

Lets hope we solidify this team on both sides of the ball during the free agency period, 3 starters on offense and defense better players than we put on the field last year. 

Not getting AB isn't the end of the world. 

18 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Yeah, and Brown in Vegas is going to turn out well....city of thugs, druggies and crooks, what could go wrong?

There were what, half a dozen teams in the running and that's the best deal Pitts could get. 

Sure brown probably said he wasn't going to teams like Buffalo and who knows maybe the jets too but there obviously wasn't a great market for this very talented player

Sam strikes me as a good leader but a superstar diva like brown could have easily eaten him up 

5 years into Sam's career you take a chance on this type of player, not now 

I wonder how much less the Steelers got from Oakland than what Buffalo offered.

Oakland gave a 3rd and 5th.  How much lower is that from the Bills' offer?  Anyone know?  Whatever the difference is, that was AB's final f-ck you to the Pittsburgh Steelers organization.

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I wonder how much less the Steelers got from Oakland than what Buffalo offered.

Oakland gave a 3rd and 5th.  How much lower is that from the Bills' offer?  Anyone know?  Whatever the difference is, that was AB's final f-ck you to the Pittsburgh Steelers organization.

Just a hunch, but the Steelers will be playing in the AFC title game before AB and the Raiders even sniff the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Amari Cooper,a 3rd and a 5th for Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick.

Looks like the raiders got the better end of those deals.

Raiders have a short window to make this work.  Brown isnt a youngster and may be on the back side of his career.. 

Cooper is much younger so that does enhance his value somewhat

28 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s a great silver lining. You misunderstood my stance on Bell though. I support Bell. The Steelers wronged him. It wasn’t as 1 sided as I once thought but he was being run into the ground and they were playing games with him over guaranteed money.

Again, it wasn’t as bad as I thought where more of hi guaranteed money would have been guaranteed within like 10 days from the initial amount. Bell and Brown are apples and oranges.

The thing that the Bell situation did was show that players can take a stand if they have an issue  and get their way. Whether it’s warranted like with Bell or now unwarranted like Brown, you can control this week team. You basically can hold the Steelers hostage for any situation. 

Oh I know you're a bell supporter. I don't mean to grab hold of you and use your point as somehow lump you in to any group. I just agreed with the initial point that Bell started something.  I just used that point to support my own opinion even if they are not aligning with your overall view. Didn't mean to insinuate otherwise. 

The problem I have with him, after learning of the games the Steelers were playing, was that he bucked the system and should have played under the Franchise tag.  I have old time feelings of loyalty and  all that and my problem really resides with his teammates and coaches.  There is so much work that goes into building a successful team. Blood, sweat, tears and all that. Hours and Hours of planning and training. Then the star player doesn't show up. I get him not signing the long term contract. I do. But he screwed his team over by not playing for the $14.5 million. That was written in to the NFLPA agreement as a protection. He said screw it.  I understand why he did it. I wouldn't have and I don't respect people who choose what he chose. I have plenty of experience taking the hard road for loyalty to others in my life and he did it in a way I don't respect. 

So that leads me to the concerns for the future with him and what will be the next thing he has a problem with. We have a major incident which supports the idea that he will disregard the team for his own benefit. I don't want that. No matter how good he may be.  The caveat is that he is not coming here anyway.  We all already know this in our hearts, but we hold our feelings back in wait as an ax held over Macc's head. Bell has zero interest in playing for the Jets.  He's a fan and knows how hopeful it can look here only to crash and burn. Sounds like he smart enough to avoid that BS in his own life. lol 

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Oh I know you're a bell supporter. I don't mean to grab hold of you and use your point as somehow lump you in to any group. I just agreed with the initial point that Bell started something.  I just used that point to support my own opinion even if they are not aligning with your overall view. Didn't mean to insinuate otherwise. 

The problem I have with him, after learning of the games the Steelers were playing, was that he bucked the system and should have played under the Franchise tag.  I have old time feelings of loyalty and  all that and my problem really resides with his teammates and coaches.  There is so much work that goes into building a successful team. Blood, sweat, tears and all that. Hours and Hours of planning and training. Then the star player doesn't show up. I get him not signing the long term contract. I do. But he screwed his team over by not playing for the $14.5 million. That was written in to the NFLPA agreement as a protection. He said screw it.  I understand why he did it. I wouldn't have and I don't respect people who choose what he chose. I have plenty of experience taking the hard road for loyalty to others in my life and he did it in a way I don't respect. 

So that leads me to the concerns for the future with him and what will be the next thing he has a problem with. We have a major incident which supports the idea that he will disregard the team for his own benefit. I don't want that. No matter how good he may be.  The caveat is that he is not coming here anyway.  We all already know this in our hearts, but we hold our feelings back in wait as an ax held over Macc's head. Bell has zero interest in playing for the Jets.  He's a fan and knows how hopeful it can look here only to crash and burn. Sounds like he smart enough to avoid that BS in his own life. lol 

Bell will sign with Indy. The more I think of it, the more I think we stack the Oline in FA. Then Draft Bosa or Allen depending who drops.

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bell will sign with Indy. The more I think of it, the more I think we stack the Oline in FA. Then Draft Bosa or Allen depending who drops.

Really? I don’t think they want or need him. I guess we will see. I still think this is the one Macc will at least “Cousin’s” himself for. May not get him but certainly more of a player in it than the Brown race. 

20 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Good points. Loyalty is a thing of the past and foolish to expect for anyone in regards to employment. Both ways. 

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Correct. He's not signing here. Never was. Jamal tried his best, but that lunch date ended with Bell saying something like " cool bro. Good luck next season."   Everyone here will go nuts and say Macc sucks but its just the truth. He's not coming. 

O line HAS to be the priority with WR being the next position to address. we do that and we are good. Bell, Coleman, Crowell, Hyde, Duke or whoever is not even a concern for me. O Line!!!! That is what every single one of them, and Sam need to succeed. We do that in FA and it's a success.  Then we can, do whatever the hell we want in the draft. Address Edge with Bosa or Allen if we can't trade back. If we can take OL or TE and we are good. WR and RB in the 2nd and 3rd with more OL.  If we go D with #3 I trust Gregg williams to ask for the guy he wants. Whether or not Allen is for real. Whether or not Bosa's injury stuff is a concern. We have smart experienced guys in the room now. Not Bowles, Rodgers and the OC of the month.  

OL OL and more OL>

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Yep. Both sides are to blame for this deterioration of loyalty. 

Money is the justification for the poison in our food and water.  Why wouldn't it ruin sports?  :(   

I'll get off of my pedestal now.   lol 

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Really? I don’t think they want or need him. I guess we will see. I still think this is the one Macc will at least “Cousin’s” himself for. May not get him but certainly more of a player in it than the Brown race. 

He's off to Indy, they have more cap than us. They are in Win now mode with Luck back to full health.

Who you going to sign with the Jets or Colts?. Macc's already shown his contempt for the Running back position. Just look at the dross he's brought in. Crowell, Matt Forte. Either over the hill or never have been. Build the line add spice later.

No good having a 18 million dollar Running back who gets hit before he even gets to the line of scrimmage.

Have you seen Indy's Oline?

Bell maybe joining him:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/10/will-the-raiders-target-leveon-bell-next/

Will the Raiders target Le’Veon Bell next?

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2019, 10:56 AM EDT

gettyimages-186054559-e1552229428977.jpg
Getty Images

From time to time the Steelers play Renegade at Heinz Field, in order to fire up the fan base at the start of the fourth quarter. But the true renegade franchise always has been the Raiders, and their trade for Antonio Brown could be only the first act of pilfering Pittsburgh’s roster.

When free agency starts on Wednesday — or, more accurately, when the legal tampering window opens on Monday — the Raiders could try to sign running back Le'Veon Bell.

Rumors and speculation that the Raiders, who are slated to exit Oakland after this season and enter Las Vegas in 2020, could pursue Bell have percolated for months. Given that he’ll be hitting the open market unrestricted and unfettered, the Raiders could get him for no trade compensation.

While that would close the door on a Marshawn Lynch return, Oakland residents would surely excuse the Raiders for slamming the door a man who has become synonymous with the town that the Raiders will soon be leaving. The mantra remains “Just Win, Baby,” and the Raiders didn’t do much of that with Marshawn on the roster. With Brown and Bell, they could do plenty.

And here’s one semi-tangible clue as to where this could go. Our buddy Dov Kleiman has pointed out that Raiders quarterback Derek Carr has begun following Bell on Twitter.

While it doesn’t mean much, it’s intriguing — and it could be a sign of things to come. Quickly.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Some Jet fans are saying “oH tHe jETs cOulD oF aFFoRdEd hIM”

nah.. I’m not cool with being left a 1st, 4th and 7th round pick in one of the deepest drafts in centuries lol.

good move for the raiders and better move for the Jets to stay out.

Agree with every word you said.  Forgot a third round draft pick, though. { we have two}  Kinda important.

10 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Correct. He's not signing here. Never was. Jamal tried his best, but that lunch date ended with Bell saying something like " cool bro. Good luck next season."   Everyone here will go nuts and say Macc sucks but its just the truth. He's not coming. 

O line HAS to be the priority with WR being the next position to address. we do that and we are good. Bell, Coleman, Crowell, Hyde, Duke or whoever is not even a concern for me. O Line!!!! That is what every single one of them, and Sam need to succeed. We do that in FA and it's a success.  Then we can do whatever the hell we want in the draft. Address Edge with Bosa or Allen if we can't trade back. If we can take OL or TE and we are good. WR and RB in the 2nd and 3rd with more OL.  If we go D with #3 I trust Gregg williams to ask for the guy he wants. Whether or not Allen is for real. Whether or not Bosa's injury stuff is a concern. We have smart experienced guys in the room now. Not Bowles, Rodgers and the OC of the month.  

OL OL and more OL>

Yes you nailed it. - It's the only course of action for the Jets. Grab the Center, Guard and even Brown at tackle. Then you have not ham strung yourself in the draft. Take one of the premier Edge Rushers. Spend both 3's on Skill positions.  

Archived