NY Jets Schedule Announced

JetNation

New-York-Jets-Schedule.png

The NFL released the schedules for the upcoming season and the Jets open up at home against a familiar AFC East opponent in the Buffalo Bills. The week two match up is an interesting one, the Jets are the home team on Monday night vs the Cleveland Browns. All eyes will be on the top few picks in the 2018 draft class as Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield go head to head.

The Jets have an early bye this year (week 4). They also have two more prime time games scheduled as they play the New England Patriots at home on Monday night football in week 7. Later in the year the Jets play the Ravens on Thursday night football, that is week 15 on December 12th.

At first glance the first half of the schedule appears tougher than the 2nd half. The Jets have a four game stretch early on that has them playing the Patriots twice.

New-York-Jets-Schedule-1024x579.png

Let us know what you think about the schedule by commenting in our New York Jets forum.

The post NY Jets Schedule Announced appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
7XsQxCerHGg

Click here to read the full story...

My initial thought is that weeks 2-6 are going to be absolutely brutal (2 games vs the Pats, @Eagles, vs Cleveland, vs Dallas).  If we can get 3-4 wins in our first 7 games then we'll have a shot.  Also it sucks that our first game vs the Patriots is on short rest.  And the week 4 bye is far earlier than I'd want it.  It's much better to get a bye later in the season when the team is beat up and needs a playoff push.  The last 3 games of the season look tough too.  (@Ravens, vs Steelers, @Bills).

Of course, you never know how things will play out.  I'm thinking we're an 8-8 team though (and a 2-5 start)

I think this is quite favorable to the Jets. That second half feels a little lighter then the first; I'm none to afraid of Oakland, Cincy, Miami, BUF and our blue roommates but of course I'm sure their fans are circling the Jets in as a W too.

The Jets feel like an 8-8 kind of team right now, somewhere between the basement dwellers and the playoff contenders. They and Sam are just too untested for me to think otherwise. But they might luck out with a schedule of underwhelming teams. 

I hadn't realized this even thought the opponents were already out but the furthest west they travel is frigging Cincinnati, so that's a plus.

15 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

smells like an April 8-8

10 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

The Jets feel like an 8-8 kind of team right now

Does Gase survive if we finish 8-8?  And Macc for that matter?  Sadly, I think the answer is yes for both.

It's funny...I watched the first month of opponents schedule analysis the night and every single one of them is writing down the Jets as a gimme win. This record guessing stuff is fun as fodder but the way this league is, it's pretty much just passing time until the draft.

3 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Can't remember when we started off the season with 2 home games.  I also like the early bye week.

Why? I personally think the entire league should take their Bye Weeks in Weeks 8 and 9. 

What happened to our Thursday night? Wasn't this year the Jets turn? Great game to go to vis-à-vis secondary market when at home

Disappointed that the best road game (Baltimore) is in mid December and that my birthday is in Cincy (promise of special plans by Mrs C)

Two Monday nights but one will be expensive (NE) and only 1 4:25p game

Not the best schedule for non ST holders. Can we have a do-over?

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Does Gase survive if we finish 8-8?  And Macc for that matter?  Sadly, I think the answer is yes for both.

Why would Gase be involved in that???  macc after 5 yrs I can see but this is Gase's 1st year.

If you travel well this is a great schedule for away games.

You could actually drive to all the away games except two (if you don't mind 9 hours to Cincinnati).

I just booked a night at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor (.8 of a mile walk to M&T) for $110 on Dec. 12.

Will make a game day decision to drive down to Philly and DC.

While it's not perfect, no team's schedule is and there are definitely some pluses to it all.  As others have already mentioned, the Jets definitely have very minimal travel overall this season.  Beyond that, they have only two instances of back-to-back roads games, and one of them is broken up by a bye, so that's really just one.

I definitely agree that getting the Pats out of the way early is a positive, and even though the Jets have a short week on the road for the first game, looking at the bigger picture, I'm not sure it's going to be all that bad.  It's their first road game of the season, after they will have been home for over a month by then, ever since their week 2 preseason game at ATL.  Coming off a Monday night game won't be a good enough excuse if they have too much trouble with a short road trip after that long of a break from one.

Bleacher Report Gary Davenport 

New York Jets

The New York Jets are starting over yet again. After finishing last in the AFC East at 4-12, the Jets replaced the defensive-minded Todd Bowles with the offensive-minded Adam Gase at head coach. It will fall to Gase to get the most out of second-year quarterback Sam Darnold, and Danold has some new toys to play with in tailback Le'Veon Bell and wide receiver Jamison Crowder.

But new coordinator Gregg Williams' defense remains a major question mark, and the Jets play five games against 2018 playoff teams and four against clubs with double-digit wins. The Week 2 matchup against the rising Browns on Monday night and the trip to face the Pats in Week 3 could set the tone for New York's entire season.

Prediction: 5-11

52 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

New York Jets

The New York Jets are starting over yet again. After finishing last in the AFC East at 4-12, the Jets replaced the defensive-minded Todd Bowles with the offensive-minded Adam Gase at head coach. It will fall to Gase to get the most out of second-year quarterback Sam Darnold, and Danold has some new toys to play with in tailback Le'Veon Bell and wide receiver Jamison Crowder.

But new coordinator Gregg Williams' defense remains a major question mark, and the Jets play five games against 2018 playoff teams and four against clubs with double-digit wins. The Week 2 matchup against the rising Browns on Monday night and the trip to face the Pats in Week 3 could set the tone for New York's entire season.

Brutal, I think 7 wins is min for GM and even HC to survive. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

New York Jets

Haha, without any upgrades in talent we would have won 7-8 games with the upgrade in coaching.  At a minimum this team will be 8-8 and I think we'll be better than that.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Haha, without any upgrades in talent we would have won 7-8 games with the upgrade in coaching.  At a minimum this team will be 8-8 and I think we'll be better than that.

I have very little confidence in the supposed great advancement in coaching we're pretending to have gotten, but Darnold's progress alone will be good enough for more wins, as long as this team doesn't completely implode upon itself.

Am I the only Jet fan that believes Sam Darnold the 22 year old when the season starts QB of the NYJ is going to take his game to another level in 2019?

Sams game was like Night & day after his break last year. There was maybe 25% of the team showing up every week because everyone on that team knew Todd Bowles was a dead man walking, along with Kacey Rogers & Jeremy Bates.

That was most amateur coaching staff this organization has ever put together. All of them should be coaching High School teams. 

New experienced offensive Head Coach. New very experience DC who has Head coaching experience. Both notorious for EXPECTING MORE! No more camp Bowles where guys show up late, give up on plays, punting down 21 from midfield on 4th & 1. The NFL is about execution & effort. Joe Gibbs once beat the real Dallas Cowboys with a scab team. 

This team has some leaders & some talent. It's a long freaking season & staying healthy is paramount. Getting the Pats early is a good thing. Williams knows Mayfield & that Browns team inside & out, there are no dynasties on that schedule. Andy Dalton? Eli Manning? Josh Allen? Lamar Jackson? Who is Miamis QB? Skins? In 2014 Jets beat the Steelers at home & we finished 4-12, will Wentz actually be playing? The guy I sent hurt every year. 

Nobody knows sh*t.

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I have very little confidence in the supposed great advancement in coaching we're pretending to have gotten, but Darnold's progress alone will be good enough for more wins, as long as this team doesn't completely implode upon itself.

I think Gase did an outstanding job in Miami but it's more about how awful the last HC was.  He cost us 3-4 games in each of the last 2 seasons as well as a playoff app in 2015.

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think Gase did an outstanding job in Miami but it's more about how awful the last HC was.  He cost us 3-4 games in each of the last 2 seasons as well as a playoff app in 2015.

I was no fan of Bowles and he deserved to go, but that is such a ridiculous myth about the supposed sure wins that should've gone to teams devoid of talent, filled with failed FA signings and massive bust draft picks.  It's heavily dependent on dismissing every Jets victory as a gimme, even those that were upsets, and every close loss as one to be blamed solely on the coaching staff, regardless of how outmatched they actually were.  It's incredibly faulty logic.  Unfortunately, the reality is Gase's track record in Miami was frighteningly similar to Bowles' here.  I'm holding out hope that he'll have grown by leaps and bounds since then, but he's done nothing yet to show us that.

Darnold, on the other hand, has a very good chance to be reason enough to get this team more wins all by himself.  I'm in no rush to start handing out credit to everyone else for what he does.

32 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Am I the only Jet fan that believes Sam Darnold the 22 year old when the season starts QB of the NYJ is going to take his game to another level in 2019?

Sams game was like Night & day after his break last year. There was maybe 25% of the team showing up every week because everyone on that team knew Todd Bowles was a dead man walking, along with Kacey Rogers & Jeremy Bates.

That was most amateur coaching staff this organization has ever put together. All of them should be coaching High School teams. 

New experienced offensive Head Coach. New very experience DC who has Head coaching experience. Both notorious for EXPECTING MORE! No more camp Bowles where guys show up late, give up on plays, punting down 21 from midfield on 4th & 1. The NFL is about execution & effort. Joe Gibbs once beat the real Dallas Cowboys with a scab team. 

This team has some leaders & some talent. It's a long freaking season & staying healthy is paramount. Getting the Pats early is a good thing. Williams knows Mayfield & that Browns team inside & out, there are no dynasties on that schedule. Andy Dalton? Eli Manning? Josh Allen? Lamar Jackson? Who is Miamis QB? Skins? In 2014 Jets beat the Steelers at home & we finished 4-12, will Wentz actually be playing? The guy I sent hurt every year. 

Nobody knows sh*t.

My eyes agree with you, but my "Jets fan heart" always assumes the worst.

12 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I was no fan of Bowles and he deserved to go, but that is such a ridiculous myth about the supposed sure wins that should've gone to teams devoid of talent, filled with failed FA signings and massive bust draft picks.  It's heavily dependent on dismissing every Jets victory as a gimme, even those that were upsets, and every close loss as one to be blamed solely on the coaching staff, regardless of how outmatched they actually were.  It's incredibly faulty logic.  Unfortunately, the reality is Gase's track record in Miami was frighteningly similar to Bowles' here.  I'm holding out hope that he'll have grown by leaps and bounds since then, but he's done nothing yet to show us that.

Darnold, on the other hand, has a very good chance to be reason enough to get this team more wins all by himself.  I'm in no rush to start handing out credit to everyone else for what he does.

The team was not devoid of talent, there was much more than most realize.  They were taken enough to get out to many big leads but not talented enough to finish games?  With semi competent coaching the last 2 years we win at least 7 each year.  We didn't have playoff team (then again neither did Buffalo 2 yrs ago) but we could have competed.  Now we have playoff caliber players with the draft still to come and a huge upgrade at HC.  We will at the very least compete for a playoff spot this year

Archived