Can the Jets trade back into Round 2?

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

They can give a 2020 second and a late round pick to move up into the middle of the 2nd probably. Macc won't do it though. He has no balls

I don't want to trade future draft picks.  Why can't we load up on draft picks for once?  (I know - "Idzik" but I'd still rather take my chances with more picks than less).

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They can give a 2020 second and a late round pick to move up into the middle of the 2nd probably. Macc won't do it though. He has no balls

What team would give up this year's pick for one in the same round next year, for a late round pick (I'm assuming you're talking Day 3 here)?

If you want a second this year it should have similar value to a first next year.

Mac traded up to 3 last year to land our franchise QB when he didn’t even know how the board would fall. I seriously doubt this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't want to trade future draft picks.  Why can't we load up on draft picks for once?  (I know - "Idzik" but I'd still rather take my chances with more picks than less).

I agree at some point they must stop trading away picks. The only value we possibly have is Leo, Robbie, and maybe Darren Lee. I feel like tradng Leo and/or Robbie is counterproductive. Quinnen , in part , is supposed to elevate Leo. Trading  Robbie leaves a gapping hole at Wr. Lee's value? Former first rounder that made strides last season? Don't think it gets us much 

8 minutes ago, jamesr said:

What team would give up this year's pick for one in the same round next year, for a late round pick (I'm assuming you're talking Day 3 here)?

If you want a second this year it should have similar value to a first next year.

Well most teams will assume the Jets will be picking in the top 10 next year once again. So a team drafting later in the 2nd round may make that deal.

Just now, tfine said:

Yes let’s trade our best Dlineman to fill a need. Then complain our D line sucks.

We just drafted our best defensive lineman. He's a Leo clone. Having 2 run stuffing ends makes no sense. Especially when you consider the Jets drafted 2 DT's last year as well. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

We just drafted our best defensive lineman. He's a Leo clone. Having 2 run stuffing ends makes no sense. Especially when you consider the Jets drafted 2 DT's last year as well. 

I think it was just the way the draft unfolded.  Quinnen has too much talent to pass up and there were probably no great trade-down options (because this wasn't viewed as a particularly strong QB draft).

What they should do is trade Leo. He was already replaced last night.

Trade Robbie and replace him with a day 3 pick.

Trade Lee bc he has already been replaced by Mosley.

Take those 3 assets and use them to bring in 2 offensive lineman and a RB.

Macc won't do that bc he's a short sighted little ****

1 minute ago, NYDreamer said:

Allegedly a deal in place with Eagles

I have a feeling there is nothing in place. I would have thought with all of the talk that there was something in place last night but there wasn't. I have a feeling that this GM is very disorganized and struggles to make tough decisions under pressure and that's why it's easy to just claim best player available all of the time. Its basically giving himself a way to escape all of the blame if the guy fails to live up to expectations.

The only shot we have at a 2nd is trading Leo. The guy who would benefit most from us taking another the BPA DT Mac just blessed us all with.  So we trade Leo weaken the Dline again, add a corner or a OL and watch our “Best player in the draft” face double teams every week until we trade him for a 2nd rounder a few years from now. Sounds familiar right? 

I agree at some point they must stop trading away picks. The only value we possibly have is Leo, Robbie, and maybe Darren Lee. I feel like tradng Leo and/or Robbie is counterproductive. Quinnen , in part , is supposed to elevate Leo. Trading  Robbie leaves a gapping hole at Wr. Lee's value? Former first rounder that made strides last season? Don't think it gets us much 
Trade Robby yesterday to the Raiders.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I doubt any of these leo lee trades will happen...... not for a second rounder 

Well we know Leo isn’t being traded at all .. I guess the hope would be to package lee with some picks could possibly net you a 2nd. 

48 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Well most teams will assume the Jets will be picking in the top 10 next year once again. So a team drafting later in the 2nd round may make that deal.

If Mac pulls it off he deserves a lot of praise.

Depending on who he selects with it, of course. ;-) 

45 minutes ago, tfine said:

Yes let’s trade our best Dlineman to fill a need. Then complain our D line sucks.

Our best DL was Anderson last year..... just sayin. Leo will be an UFA next yr.

Redundant player with Anderson and Williams. Might as well try and get a 2nd then a comp pick in 2021.

Need to get into Rd. 2 with only giving up a 4th + Williams IMO

I would trade next years 2nd in heart beat to get a player that dropped with 1st grade and huge need. .   Worst case you are building team sooner,  Alot of guys dont like trading future picks.   Im the opposite,  I would rather have 5 ist round picks in this draft and not have a 1st for 5 years.  You get 5 studs right away , instead of spread out,  you fill needs with value   ,  Q W , Josh Allen  , Bradbury, J williams, and top DB or wr. , for next 10 years  ,  yes you might take a hit for 2-3 after they retire , but so what were the Jets we have been taking hit for 20ys. 

Archived