Mehta: Jets Talking to Seahawks About Move up to Round 2

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

...And Marshall was useless to the team before the end of his 2nd season here. 

Instead of admitting that you were wrong, you doubled down. You said "Mac can only complete trades where he's on the losing end of the negotiation. So, this is 100% believable." When you acquire a player for a swap of late round picks, you are certainly not on the losing end of the negotiations. 

When he traded Sheldon Richardson for a 2nd and Jermaine Kearse, was he on the losing end of that negotiation as well?

Care to move the goal post again?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Irrelevant how much money he took. Mac had Cousins as Plan A, and failed to execute on it. The why doesn't matter. The reality is his plan B was to panic and trade into the top 3 - knowing that it was possible he only got the 3rd best QB.

I don't know why this is hard for people to understand.

And the simple fact that Cousins was his Plan A -- and was -willing to pay uber bucks for it -- is damning in itself. The fact that he whiffed was a blessing in disguise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course it was.  But there mere fact that Cousins was his Plan A is yet another blemish on Maccaganan, no matter how much people would like to ignore that part of the process. 

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

And the simple fact that Cousins was his Plan A -- and was -willing to pay uber bucks for it -- is damning in itself. The fact that he whiffed was a blessing in disguise.

Beaten to the point by a newly sex-crazed maniac.

• Sympathy 1

Ok, let's get back to the topic at hand.  How do we get into the second round and who we take when we're there.

• Both thirds for a second?  Might be worth it if the right guy is there but it's still leaving draft picks on the table.
  • Lee and a third for a mid-second?  Probably the best option but not too likely to happen.
  • Next's year's second and a fourth for a late second?  Still giving away picks.
  • Trade Robby Anderson?  Can't get more than a late third for him.

Another thought is...

• If we take an edge JN goes looney for not taking a C/OL.
  • If we take a C/OL, rather than an edge same result.
  • If we stay where we are and get two good starters in rounds 3/4, the conspiracies with begin; Mac was overruled!  Heimerdinger made the picks!  A broken clock is right twice a day!  (Ok, that's not really a conspiracy).  Why couldn't he do this last year!  It's like having Charlie Harpers' (Two And A Half Men) mother as a fan!

11 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Instead of admitting that you were wrong, you doubled down. You said "Mac can only complete trades where he's on the losing end of the negotiation. So, this is 100% believable." When you acquire a player for a swap of late round picks, you are certainly not on the losing end of the negotiations. 

When he traded Sheldon Richardson for a 2nd and Jermaine Kearse, was he on the losing end of that negotiation as well?

Care to move the goal post again?

Double post. Ignore.

Triple post

Why would I admit I'm wrong when I'm not?

My chief argument for 3 years now has been that Mac's additions are useless within 18 months.

Marshal exemplifies that. It's not a "winning trade" when you acquire a guy can only contribute for 1 season.

As for Sheldon, probably Mac's best deal, Kearse was useless within 18 months. The 2nd rounder was used for Darnold, so the jury is out.

I'm not moving goal posts, you're just making strawman arguments and ignoring the prevailing points I've been making and referencing for years. So, with that in mind, I will ignore the rest of your posts, since that's the most insightful thing you've posted.

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Unless someone else is running the show now, no way this trade goes down. Macc couldn’t decide what shoes to put on this morning. So he kept his slippers on which was a safer choice.

If we don't hear something within the next 30 minutes, you'll get your wish.

Saints now value of a good center,  helps QB   is the Qb of the o line.    So what you give up a 2nd next year , you are getting a very good  postion of need.   ,  Brees has always had great center in front of him.     Really thought mac would trade up for him.    Dam.   !  Build o line Already!!  

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Unless someone else is running the show now, no way this trade goes down. Macc couldn’t decide what shoes to put on this morning. So he kept his slippers on which was a safer choice.

Macc Offers Seattle a third and Tiny Linebacker:

Seattle:

giphy-1.gif.9bdc72ffbfc3930168993fe46d8995ce.gif

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Why would I admit I'm wrong when I'm not?

My chief argument for 3 years now has been that Mac's additions are useless within 18 months.

Marshal exemplifies that. It's not a "winning trade" when you acquire a guy can only contribute for 1 season.

As for Sheldon, probably Mac's best deal, Kearse was useless within 18 months. The 2nd rounder was used for Darnold, so the jury is out.

I'm not moving goal posts, you're just making strawman arguments and ignoring the prevailing points I've been making and referencing for years. So, with that in mind, I will ignore the rest of your posts, since that's the most insightful thing you've posted.

You moved the goal post, just like I knew you would. You said "Mac can only complete trades where he's on the losing end of the negotiation. So, this is 100% believable." I gave you two examples of when he was on the winning end. No strawmans. I didn't make you defend a position that you didn't have.

Want to quadruple down?

44 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

Mean while  buffalo o line looking great now,  ,  lets see what happens in 3rd but if center is a big problem for Jets this year.  After week 3 week  Mac should just go far away.   And im huge mac fan. 

Stop, they have zero weapons.