Now that Gase is the GM what exactly is he doing that offends you?

16 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Williams is not overrated, if anything maybe underachieving (arguably).

Agreed.  The Jets trying to trade away one of the few talents they have on the roster simply because he might be expensive is a ridiculous strategy.  Manage the rest of the roster better and massage the Cap to find ways to keep good talent coming off a rookie contract.  If anything, structure the deal such that Leo becomes more valuable and tradeable in 2 or 3 years.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s see as GM Gase has or is in the process of:

—trading BUST Darron Lee 

—shopping overrated Leonard Williams

Im trying to figure out what he’s doing that makes him the Isiah Thomas of football suddenly

Many don't like the timing of the arrangement.  Many do not think his resume justifies roster control.  All just add to the dumpster fire that is the Johnson & Johnson Jets.

I still prefer today to last week when Macc was in charge.  Different vibe.  Give the football junkie an opportunity to hire a GM who can communicates with a common vision of the on-field product.

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Many don't like the timing of the arrangement.  Many do not think his resume justifies roster control.  All just add to the dumpster fire that is the Johnson & Johnson Jets.

I still prefer today to last week when Macc was in charge.  Different vibe.  Give the football junkie an opportunity to hire a GM who can communicates with a common vision of the on-field product.

1 Darnold + 1 Any middle of the pack HC + Any middle of the pack GM - Fraud Maccagnan - Fraud Bowles = 2019 Wildcard Playoff Berth

All very simple.  Jets are in far, far better shape than they were just last week.  I was actually worried that Maccagnan would still be GM for the next decade because of what Darnold is going to accomplish.

Again, huge gratitude toward Maccagnan and Bowles for being the very worst in the NFL in their positions with the Jets or the Jets would still be in QB purgatory.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

1 Darnold + 1 Any middle of the pack HC + Any middle of the pack GM - Fraud Maccagnan - Fraud Bowles = 2019 Wildcard Playoff Berth

All very simple.  Jets are in far, far better shape than they were just last week.  I was actually worried that Maccagnan would still be GM for the next decade because of what Darnold is going to accomplish.

Again, huge gratitude toward Maccagnan and Bowles for being the very worst in the NFL in their positions with the Jets or the Jets would still be in QB purgatory.

We got rid of a bad GM who refused to get rid of his bad draft picks 

And that’s a bad thing?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We got rid of a bad GM who refused to get rid of his bad draft picks 

And that’s a bad thing?

Exactly.

There is absolutely no such time as being a “bad time” to get rid of pure, total incompetence...and the Jets just did that.

You had that ex front office guy turned analyst (who has made plenty of mistakes of his own, but I would have taken him or anyone off this board to have had Maccagnan’s job the last 4 years) Lombardi basically laughing and saying “Maccagnan neglected the Oline for almost 5 years...that’s “Football Team Building 101” “...there were times I thought Johnson mistakenly hired Maccagnan off some Cricket Team from England.

But the worst part, and I’ll keep hitting that point home for any of his handful of supporters, now it’s finally addressed by the firing, is that Maccagnan was supposedly about to be fired in Houston and Casserly was able to airmail that sack of sh*t our team’s way, would have been bad enough if he was just a lowly Jet Scout...but GM!?!?!!?!.....Jesus Christ.

He NEVER came close to deserving the job in the first place.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He keeps staring at me 

I think he really needs to get rid of the hair.  What is he holding on to?  It’s like patch work up there.  Feel like his eyes won’t be so scary if he had a shinny bald head to match.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Let’s see as GM Gase has or is in the process of:

—trading BUST Darron Lee 

—shopping overrated Leonard Williams

Im trying to figure out what he’s doing that makes him the Isiah Thomas of football suddenly

Let's see, getting total trash for Lee is a start. 

Dude, he has nothing to do at this point as GM. That job is done. If he takes anything less than a high second LW, I will be screaming for him to trade himself next. Williams is not a bad player, he played for bad HC and DC. 

Also, I would bet that Lee trade was already in the works. It just happened too fast not to be. If zmac was holding out for more, he was trying to do a better job than Isaiah 

• WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

I prefer my coffee black.  

Definitely black. I don’t know how people drink fake coffee. They’re basically a warm milk shake with caffeine. Coffee should taste like coffee and alcohol should taste like alcohol. If you need to hide the flavor don’t drink it. 

• Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Williams is not overrated, if anything maybe underachieving (arguably).

Sometimes trading is not just a matter of getting rid of somebody.  Sometimes it is fit.  Or sometimes you want something good but different

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Definitely black. I don’t know how people drink fake coffee. They’re basically a warm milk shake with caffeine. Coffee should taste like coffee and alcohol should taste like alcohol. If you need to hide the flavor don’t drink it. 

Exactly. I hope that’s were our similarities end. LOL

• Haha 1

I am going to reserve judgment on Darren Lee until I see what is done with the cap space. If he can turn that in to a quality starter on the o- line- I’m cool. Otherwise he could’ve waited until training camp or even the trade deadline after a few teams had injuries to the linebacker position  and we could’ve done better for Lee. Not a first day pick but better. He proved last year he can cover. He was not worthy of where he was picked - however, he also wasn’t near as bad as advertised- or on the Vernon Gholston level.

• Sympathy 1