So... who do you think Freddie Kitchens is talking about with these comments?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

There’s like a 25% chance Greg Williams is still employed by the Jets a year from now and a 0% chance he’s in two years. He thinks he deserves a shot at a head coaching gig and, lucky us, he’s going to use this Jets job to audition for one. Fortunately, it appears Gase could give a sh*t what Williams does with the defense as long as it works, and the personnel on that side of the ball deserves 12 months of getting screamed at since they’ve been sleepwalking under Bowles and Rodgers for four years. Most likely scenario is that Williams does well enough here with Leonard and Quinnen Williams that he gets the Redskins job next January, and then Gase brings in his own DC.

Interesting.  I have thought more than once that William's HC days are behind him. His being a good DC is still intact, I hope, but having that guy be your HC seems unlikely to me. 

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

I'm more concerned with what the Jets do on the field.  I'm sick and tired, of being sick and tired.

very Tao

"Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 71

Knowing ignorance is strength.
Ignoring knowledge is sickness.

If one is sick of sickness, then one is not sick.
The sage is not sick because he is sick of sickness.
Therefore he is not sick."

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

To me it seems like this may be a shot at our boy Gregg Williams. This guy Kitchens comes across as an amateur to me. For a guy who was a RB coach for 1/2 of the season last year he sure has a lot of pomp with his comments so far. I'm really looking to see this A$$hole and his cocky punk QB fail in the worst way possible.   That locker room is a powder keg and his dicky personality might be a match quick. 

Some of the Worst Football Coaches are the Loudest ?“If you’ve ever been around a loud coach, one that just screams & yells, listen to what he’s saying & see if he’s even teaching.” ? “We have players that need to be taught & we need teachers.” - Freddie Kitchens

Obviously Hue Jackson... lol... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like a NY Jets scenario.....:(

Yeah but joe Douglas!!

Could you imagine if we actually broke free from the perpetual implosion every 2-4 years and actually built a ravenesque org of relative stability?

Imagine if Gase and Douglas are still here in 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There’s like a 25% chance Greg Williams is still employed by the Jets a year from now and a 0% chance he’s in two years. He thinks he deserves a shot at a head coaching gig and, lucky us, he’s going to use this Jets job to audition for one. Fortunately, it appears Gase could give a sh*t what Williams does with the defense as long as it works, and the personnel on that side of the ball deserves 12 months of getting screamed at since they’ve been sleepwalking under Bowles and Rodgers for four years. Most likely scenario is that Williams does well enough here with Leonard and Quinnen Williams that he gets the Redskins job next January, and then Gase brings in his own DC.

Actually agree with all of this. Gase had Williams forced on him so he has an alibi.  The Wild Card is if Williams delivers.  I did not realize that Cleveland had the 30th ranked D last year

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

To me it seems like this may be a shot at our boy Gregg Williams. This guy Kitchens comes across as an amateur to me. For a guy who was a RB coach for 1/2 of the season last year he sure has a lot of pomp with his comments so far. I'm really looking to see this A$$hole and his cocky punk QB fail in the worst way possible.   That locker room is a powder keg and his dicky personality might be a match quick. 

Some of the Worst Football Coaches are the Loudest ?“If you’ve ever been around a loud coach, one that just screams & yells, listen to what he’s saying & see if he’s even teaching.” ? “We have players that need to be taught & we need teachers.” - Freddie Kitchens

:-k Hmmmm

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I know chumps like this. Too scared to say anything until the guy leaves the room. 

And if confronted or directly questioned about it will backtrack and try to explain he wasn't REALLY saying what he said. 

It's funny though how the weaklings (Bowles, Herm, etc) are always talking about "teachers". How about...coaching? LOL. How about placing players under stress to see their reactions under adverse conditions? 

Jarvis, OBJ, Faker.....they gonna eat Freddie alive. 

9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

There should be a separate forum where people can work out their weird issues with the Browns

Exactly. Who cares about the Browns when we are not playing them? Worry about the team in front of you. That's where the focus should be.

The Browns made some ballsy(some would say dumb) moves that have a high risk/reward factor going for them. If they pan out they look like geniuses. If they don't they look like morons. Either way they took a chance. They went for it. You can't fault them for that. Time will tell for them but why waste time on them when the main focus needs to be on this team.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I know chumps like this. Too scared to say anything until the guy leaves the room. 

And if confronted or directly questioned about it will backtrack and try to explain he wasn't REALLY saying what he said. 

It's funny though how the weaklings (Bowles, Herm, etc) are always talking about "teachers". How about...coaching? LOL. How about placing players under stress to see their reactions under adverse conditions? 

Jarvis, OBJ, Faker.....they gonna eat Freddie alive. 

Agreed. 

So I actually watched the episode of Building the Browns last night just to be able to see inside a training camp. I love that stuff and hope we do 1 Jets drive again.  Can't wait for Hard Knocks lol 

In the same interview with Kitchens he calls his D line coach a "ball coach"  and says that's the highest honor you can give someone. They show the guy coaching and he's yelling all over the place. Not quite Williams, but he's a yeller. Then Freddie goes on to say later that he doesn't need football coaches. He needs teachers.  The guy is all over the place and it shows how Busch league he is.  He's too green to even have a philosophy yet. He would do well just to keep his head down and try to coach the team, but he seems to feel the need to talk because he's unsure of himself over all. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Exactly. Who cares about the Browns when we are not playing them? Worry about the team in front of you. That's where the focus should be.

The Browns made some ballsy(some would say dumb) moves that have a high risk/reward factor going for them. If they pan out they look like geniuses. If they don't they look like morons. Either way they took a chance. They went for it. You can't fault them for that. Time will tell for them but why waste time on them when the main focus needs to be on this team.

lol 

I always love when fans talk like this.  Like our focus has anything to do with anything.  Even if it did, which it doesn't, it's June.  The big news today was that we signed our 3rd rd pick. There is literally nothing going on and the HC of the team our DC came from as the interim HC talking smack about what looks like our DC is about as football as its gonna get right about now. (run on sentences galore) 

I've watched or read every single thing there is on the Jets. There is a top 20 Jets players that Mehta is writing each day now. Focus on that if you want.  I'll spoil it for you though. He has Jachai Polite, a guy who has never played a down in the NFL as # 20.  Looks to be sound football from Mehta once again. 

Take it easy man. A little hate for the Browns is good for June/July. I don't think it's going to ruin the Jets focus for the season. 

4 hours ago, JiF said:

When they fired Mac, I thought Williams would shortly follow.  And apparently, teams were lining up to hire him as a Head Coach.  Just ask him. 

I don't think Mac had anything to do with the Williams hire. I think that was all CJ.

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol 

I always love when fans talk like this.  Like our focus has anything to do with anything.  Even if it did, which it doesn't, it's June.  The big news today was that we signed our 3rd rd pick. There is literally nothing going on and the HC of the team our DC came from as the interim HC talking smack about what looks like our DC is about as football as its gonna get right about now. (run on sentences galore) 

I've watched or read every single thing there is on the Jets. There is a top 20 Jets players that Mehta is writing each day now. Focus on that if you want.  I'll spoil it for you though. He has Jachai Polite, a guy who has never played a down in the NFL as # 20.  Looks to be sound football from Mehta once again. 

Take it easy man. A little hate for the Browns is good for June/July. I don't think it's going to ruin the Jets focus for the season. 

If all your energy isnt focused on the Jets, they're going to have a bad season. 

It's kind of like the movie Elf.  If little Michael didnt get everyone to believe in Santa and the Christmas spirit (including his grumpy dad), Santa would have never been able to get his sled to fly again.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah but joe Douglas!!

Could you imagine if we actually broke free from the perpetual implosion every 2-4 years and actually built a ravenesque org of relative stability?

Imagine if Gase and Douglas are still here in 10 years. emoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.png

IMO if CJ stays away, with the people the Jets have in place now this is very possible.

Fingers crossed LOL

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

If all your energy isnt focused on the Jets, they're going to have a bad season. 

It's kind of like the movie Elf.  If little Michael didnt get everyone to believe in Santa and the Christmas spirit (including his grumpy dad), Santa would have never been able to get his sled to fly again.  

lol

Nice analogy. That's always made me laugh. It's like the crowd at Woodstock yelling "no rain!" If we all focus it can work!!!!

If someone isn't interested in a subject that's brought up either in real life or on JN, just disregard it and move on.  Why must we have people try and redirect subjects back to other subjects?   You don't go to a buffet and tell everyone to stay away from the stuff you don't like.  You just grab the crab Rangoon and move on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

It's bad fans that are costing us games.

If you're just sitting back in your lazy boy whilst we're marching downfield or trying to get a big stop on 4th down and not going crazy or moving to your good luck spot, then it's YOUR fault we failed.

How many game winning field goals have beaten us because not enough of us are sitting at home blowing at the TV or yelling "NOONAN" at the top of our lungs?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

20190627_150105.thumb.jpg.00afe76f2e40e0afc2780a25afba09c9.jpg

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Got to say, I pretty much dont get the impression that any of this is true or a given.  

15 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Parcells is chuckling over this idiots comments

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s not wrong. That said, it’s bush league and he’s still in the insecure “prove it” mentality. 

That’s what I was going to say. Sounds like his style is quieter and he was feeling a little insecure when he made those comments. 

• Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It's bad fans that are costing us games.

If you're just sitting back in your lazy boy whilst we're marching downfield or trying to get a big stop on 4th down and not going crazy or moving to your good luck spot, then it's YOUR fault we failed.

How many game winning field goals have beaten us because not enough of us are sitting at home blowing at the TV or yelling "NOONAN" at the top of our lungs?

That's actually more than what fans do that are actually at the game.

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Fans can literally discuss anything they want with zero effect on the outcome of a game. We have absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens on or off the field haha. They drafted Baker and we lost last year. I think it turned into a little bit of a rivalry now. If you don’t care about the topic do what I do, don’t open the thread. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol

Nice analogy. That's always made me laugh. It's like the crowd at Woodstock yelling "no rain!" If we all focus it can work!!!!

If someone isn't interested in a subject that's brought up either in real life or on JN, just disregard it and move on.  Why must we have people try and redirect subjects back to other subjects?   You don't go to a buffet and tell everyone to stay away from the stuff you don't like.  You just grab the crab Rangoon and move on. 

Crab Rangoon is a rookie mistake. ?

• Sympathy 1

Fans can literally discuss anything they want with zero effect on the outcome of a game. We have absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens on or off the field haha. They drafted Baker and we lost last year. I think it turned into a little bit of a rivalry now. If you don’t care about the topic do what I do, don’t open the thread. 

Right.

Even though they took baker before darnold, I still feel like it’s a rivalry between the two. We didn’t choose sam over baker so it’s not like we had the choice to mess it up or anything, but the 2018 QB class rivalry is a good one. Even down to Lamar Jackson. 5 1st rd QB’s. That’s like 83 or 99.

I want the browns to regret passing in Darold for all time. That’s what I want!!’ Haha

• Upvote 1