Thread for those of us giving Gase a clean slate.

I do think the man will be better for his stop in Miami. He seems to be sticking to the side he knows, not sure if he did that at the fins.

I wanted McCarthy, but Gase is working hard and is doing enough to look forward to the season and what is delivered. Regardless, just nice to have a coach all in on offense and a franchise QB and RB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

Does it make any difference in any way if fans "give Gase a clean slate" or not, whatever that means?

If we all say yes, will Gase be better?  If we don't, will he be worse?

I didn't like his hire, and still don't.  If he wins, I'll like it alot more.  If he loses, I won't.  Pretty much like every coach that came before him.

It doesn't matter what I think of him, it matters what he does for us.

What the actual f*ck is wrong with you. 

We’re fans, nothing we do will have any effect on the play on the field.

Do you not understand how fan boards work?

What their purpose is?

Geezuz f*ck, why do you have to sh*t on every thread that doesn’t impact play on the field. 

Insufferable troll. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

I originally liked the signing of Gase. But had no idea that he would go after Macc. Or that the owner would back up Gase. And then get applauded for it by many of our fans. The whole thing was kind of weird and Shakespearean. But you have to show me first that these guys are better. I'm willing to give them a chance but after all of the drama not that much of a chance. There has to be Ws. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Does it make any difference in any way if fans "give Gase a clean slate" or not, whatever that means?

I didn't like his hire, and still don't.  If he wins, I'll like it alot more.  If he loses, I won't.  Pretty much like every coach that came before him.

Guess you just don't want to have any fun, huh?  Ba humbug to you too fish.  Geez man, didn't realize you were the opinion police.

It makes a difference to me...and whether it makes a difference to you I could give two craps.  Go to another thread and leave us alone

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Guess you just don't want to have any fun, huh?  Ba humbug to you too fish. 

Not at all!  I'm as excited about this forthcoming season as I've been in ages!

I just don't agree with all the sturm und drang reality TV stuff, as if Gase gives a flying f' at a rolling donut what a few forum posters think of him, lol.

Geez man, didn't realize you were the opinion police.

On the contrary, I posted MY opinion. 

I didn't tell you or anyone else not to post theirs.  Jeez, JN REALLY hates any disagreement with the company line these days.....

It makes a difference to me...and whether it makes a difference to you I could give two craps.  Go to another thread and leave us alone

Seriously?  If what others think doesn't matter to you, why ask?  Or is that you just wanted a thread full of "hell yeah, Gase is God!" replies?

Next time, do us the courtesy of saying up front "opinions that differ from mine are not welcome" so at least we'll know,,, 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I originally liked the signing of Gase. But had no idea that he would go after Macc. Or that the owner would back up Gase. And then get applauded for it by many of our fans. The whole thing was kind of weird and Shakespearean. But you have to show me first that these guys are better. I'm willing to give them a chance but after all of the drama not that much of a chance. There has to be Ws. 

Gase took advantage of a weak owner. C.J. had a choice. Fire Gase, a coach he just hired, or fire Mac. The choice for him was obvious. Played brilliantly by Gase. Just likeLee-Strasberg.thumb.jpg.92c8c59af35039e69aa75e071d124088.jpg

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who would you have hired? 

I loved the idea of the Gase hire before the Jets even brought him aboard.  Smartest coach the Jets have had in almost 20 years.

The irony is the player I wanted most, Le'V Bell, Gase thinks the Jets overpaid for.

Personally, I think we robbed the league to get him for $13M per.

Regardless, I can't wait to watch the two of them work together...

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gase hate is odd. He was, and is, one of the game's smartest coaches (fwiw) and he was stuck coaching the very bad and disorganized Miami Dolphins under known goon Mike Tannenbaum. He got Maccagnan out, (effectively) hired Douglas away from the Eagles, cowed the NY media (who came embarrassingly harrrrd after him), and appears to recognize the road to respectability begins and ends with Sam Darnold and not the sluggish DE's or the bozo safety. What's been even more encouraging is that, for a guy who's supposed to be an egomaniac, he hasn't gone out and nuked the salary cap looking for "his" players to try and eke out ten wins next year. The one guy he reportedly really wanted was Daniel Freaking Fells. So far, he's been aces.  

I don't audibly laugh at much on the interwebz, but the new pink hair avitar made me cackle for some reason and I'm not sure why

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I loved the idea of the Gase hire before the Jets even brought him aboard.  Smartest coach the Jets have had in almost 20 years.

The irony is the player I wanted most, Le'V Bell, Gase thinks the Jets overpaid for.

Personally, I think we robbed the league to get him for $13M per.

Regardless, I can't wait to watch the two of them work together...

That's the problem i have with Gase. He thinks so too

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, genot said:

That's the problem i have with Gase. He thinks so too

Just like many great athletes have an ego, many intelligent people can also have an aura of condescending arrogance.  Doesn't bother me. 

I am tired of watching Jets coaches making decisions that defy any due process of logic.  I am tired of watching Jet coaches playing chutes and ladders or candyland.  I wanted a guy that knows the AFCE, is not intimidated by Belichick, and can actually play chess.

• Upvote 1

Like him, hate him whatever if your not willing to give him a clean slate then you shouldn’t really watch, basically me when Fitztragic was our QB even the 10-6 season I had very little interest.

Me I’m so excited about Darnold, and Bell I don’t really care he gets a clean slate for me, if you feel the way I felt about Fitz then that’s your stance, and your not gonna get to enjoy the best Jets stretch since 09-10, again that’s my stance, everyone has theirs.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Just like many great athletes have an ego, many intelligent people can also have an aura of condescending arrogance.  Doesn't bother me. 

I am tired of watching Jets coaches making decisions that defy any due process of logic.  I am tired of watching Jet coaches playing chutes and ladders or candyland.  I wanted a guy that knows the AFCE, is not intimidated by Belichick, and can actually play chess.

Sometimes you outsmart yourself. In Miami, he would abandon the running game, or passing game, when it was working for them. Tried to catch the defense off guard, i guess. Didn't really work down there. Maybe it was the talent level on those teams. we shall soon see.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

What their purpose is?

Geezuz f*ck, why do you have to sh*t on every thread that doesn’t impact play on the field. 

Insufferable prick. 

It’s not that serious man. 

Its an opinion.

just like yours lmao. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So why are you on a message board, again?

To talk about the Jets of course.

By this logic, you should be reading Schopenhauer and eating haggis after a long day picking berries, not wasting your precious time speculating or bloviating (as you would say) on imponderables of football.

You must have missed the deep exchanges today on if completion percentage is or isn't a metric for tracking/evaluating QB accuracy.

Spoiler: apparently it's not anymore.  At least not here.

P.S. I do love a good haggis....

Serious question, I’m not trying to cause any Darnold drama here.

I was intrigued with Klingsbury, and his offense, and would’ve been ok with hiring him here.

I never imagined he’d have the balls to get rid of a top 10 pick in Rosen and replace him with a air raid system QB.

if we had hired him, do you think he would’ve still wanted to draft Murray and trade Sam. That would’ve taken quite a big pair of stones....

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Serious question, I’m not trying to cause any Darnold drama here.

I was intrigued with Klingsbury, and his offense, and would’ve been ok with hiring him here.

I never imagined he’d have the balls to get rid of a top 10 pick in Rosen and replace him with a air raid system QB.

if we had hired him, do you think he would’ve still wanted to draft Murray and trade Sam. That would’ve taken quite a big pair of stones....

He wouldn’t of been hired without committing to Sam. Periodttt...

the point of bringing a new young creative offensive guy in was so that he can help Darnold further his development because everyone in that building at One Jets Drive believes that he’s the one to finally break the curse.

No way.

And Kingsbury is going to be a terrible hire in my personal opinion. Whatevs tho.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, genot said:

Sometimes you outsmart yourself. In Miami, he would abandon the running game, or passing game, when it was working for them. Tried to catch the defense off guard, i guess. Didn't really work down there. Maybe it was the talent level on those teams. we shall soon see.

Fair enough...  I get it.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

What their purpose is?

Insufferable prick. 

Do you need a hug?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s not that serious man. 

Its an opinion.

just like yours lmao. 

But it’s not an opinion about Gase.  

It’s an opinion about other’s opinions on Gase. 

It’s become tedious. 

This is a message board with fan talk and nothing we discuss here has any impact on the actual play on the field. 

This miserable dude doesn’t get it. 

It’s just fan talk.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

But it’s not an opinion about Gase.  

It’s an opinion about other’s opinions on Gase. 

It’s become tedious. 

This is a message board with fan talk and nothing we discuss here has any impact on the actual play on the field. 

This miserable dude doesn’t get it. 

It’s just fan talk.  

2CA8A53E-E868-492A-AEE2-02F112D4FC72.jpeg