Our tight end issue

kevinc855

39 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This is sad since Herndon was coming along so nicely but during his 4 game suspension our roster current has brown, Wesco and griffin. That’s an incredibly weak core right there. Hopefully short throws to bell will offset this during the first 4 games 

We really don't have a TE issue. Brown, Griffin and Wesco will be fine for 4 games. I would even venture to say they will be effective as a group.  They will have blocking and quick release responsibilities. I will say now that three 3rd downs will be converted to the TE's against Buffalo. Mark it down. 

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

We really don't have a TE issue. Brown, Griffin and Wesco will be fine for 4 games. I would even venture to say they will be effective as a group.  They will have blocking and quick release responsibilities. I will say now that three 3rd downs will be converted to the TE's against Buffalo. Mark it down. 

I hope for sure this is true 

Just now, Beerfish said:

We probably have the worst TEs in the league right now with the suspension.

It's a good thing Mac took Marcus Maye, Ardarius stewart and chad hansen over george kittle, then drafted the gem leggat just after that.

Yeah, too bad he didn't have the knowledge of an arm chair GM that the rising star TE he drafted would be suspended 3 years down the road and drafted Maye

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I mean we also have depth issues at wide receiver, offensive line, and corner. But thank god we’re loaded with defensive linemen and safeties. 

Otherwise we'd have people whining about DL and S

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's a good thing Mac took Marcus Maye, Ardarius stewart and chad hansen over george kittle, then drafted the gem leggat just after that.

:puke:

27 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That is a terrible group of TE's to start the season. The only silver lining is we don't have too watch Tomlinson trot out there and get driven back on every play.

We need Herndon back badly because he is so heads and shoulders above anyone on our roster right now.

21 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I mean we also have depth issues at wide receiver, offensive line, and corner. But thank god we’re loaded with defensive linemen and safeties. 

Agree with you on WR and CB; but we actually have pretty good depth on OL.  Harrison has started 32 games in his career, Lewis 18 and Compton 30. Don't know how many teams have that many starts out of their back-ups.  Plus we have a promising rookie in Edoga.  Last year in addition to Harrison we had guys like Dakota Dozier, Brent Qvale and Ben Braden as back-ups.  For the first time in years, I feel pretty good about depth along the OL.  

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agree with you on WR and CB; but we actually have pretty good depth on OL.  Harrison has started 32 games in his career, Lewis 18 and Compton 30. Don't know how many teams have that many starts out of their back-ups.  Plus we have a promising rookie in Edoga.  Last year in addition to Harrison we had guys like Dakota Dozier, Brent Qvale and Ben Braden as back-ups.  For the first time in years, I feel pretty good about depth along the OL.  

The only guy on that list that I wished we moved on from was Compton. He was very meh during the preseason and we have plenty of depth at the G position. I feel like he's wasting a roster spot for a position we could possibly add depth too. like CB and WR. 

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I think the OL is more solid than it has been. I mean, yeah, you don't want to end up having to play Qvale but i think that Harrisson is a good backup, and the other guys I saw playing didn't seem to be physically overmatched, as I have seen in the recent past. and I'm basing my opinion on the game against the Saints, mostly, which I think was the starters' worst performance. 

You make good points overall. 

I think the jets have more than "depth" issues at WR. and at CB.

Enunwa hasn't gotten the separation I'd like to see. and they are/were only keeping 5? I guess it wouldn't seem so bad if Herndon weren't suspended and Enunwa so injury prone. I mean, the over/under for games is 4 (played not missed) for Enunwa, isn't it? That said, the Jets have been looking for Mr. Goodbar at WR since Keyshawn Johnson left. 

Here's one for the old heads: remember when Keyshawn was drafted? They also drafted another guy with their 2nd rounder AND Wayne Chrebet was in camp...remember the tension? Reminds me of Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye...

And the corners, aside from Maullete, have looked like crap. That said, I can hope they play better in the regular season than they have in the preseason, and, in Johnson's case, the entirety of last season.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

How about Nate Dogg Shepherd over Orlando Brown?

Incredible how Mac is somehow rated above Idzik

That is a terrible group of TE's to start the season. The only silver lining is we don't have too watch Tomlinson trot out there and get driven back on every play.
We need Herndon back badly because he is so heads and shoulders above anyone on our roster right now.

Herndon is clearly out top guy. That’s not in question. We will be playing 11 personal or 21 even. I’m really not worried about the TE group. They are steady. Tomlinson was by far the worst of the group and he’s gone. I was much more concerned with him than either of the rest. Griffin will start and there will be specific packages for Wesco.

I still maintain that Wesco will develop into somewhat of a secret weapon this season. I would not be surprised if he catches a couple of important passes on Sunday.

You come back and say you’re sorry for hurting my feelings if that happens ok?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This is sad since Herndon was coming along so nicely but during his 4 game suspension our roster current has brown, Wesco and griffin. That’s an incredibly weak core right there. Hopefully short throws to bell will offset this during the first 4 games 

Gut feeling is Montgomery will fill the void left during the Herndon suspension.

Archived