Given Up Already

Watto

Been a Jets fan since 1998.

I've seen every game since 2009. I'm obsessed with the Jets, and wait every year for the football season to start. I've never missed a game since 2009, barely a snap.

However this is the quickest season I have given up hope. Prior to week 2 I wasn't even excited. I knew we were going to lose and I knew we were going to have a losing season. Gee, I was that sad, I thought we might not even win a game this season. 

I'll continue to watch every Jets game but my passion and excitement is gone by week 2!

Have we have officially become the Browns of the NFL?

Anyone else remember a season where they had given up hope prior to week 2? 

Jets forever...(unfortunately). 

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 7
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I have not had much hope in this team for the last 10 years.

By week 2, I'm usually more excited about pre-season hockey than I am the New York Jets.

For the first time ever, I think I will get into New York hockey considering this outlook for the Jets season.

I'm really looking forward to the Nets this season. Shame they couldn't keep Russell - that would have added more incentive to watch them. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Watto said:

I've seen every game since 2009. I'm obsessed with the Jets, and wait every year for the football season to start. I've never missed a game since 2009, barely a snap.

However this is the quickest season I have given up hope. Prior to week 2 I wasn't even excited. I knew we were going to lose and I knew we were going to have a losing season. Gee, I was that sad, I thought we might not even win a game this season. 

I'll continue to watch every Jets game but my passion and excitement is gone by week 2!

So you joined a Jets message board just to tell us you quit the team?

Uh, ok. 

tenor.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Watto said:

I feel you, Watto.  All Jet fans are disappointed and frustrated with this team.  They aren't going anywhere this season.  I love football so I watch the KC Chiefs because they're fun to watch.  Hopefully Jets will get it together.  We need some luck. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, joewilly said:

Not sure what year I traded passion & hope for cautious numbness but been a fan since 68 and travel to US for at least 1 game per year........got jets/dolphin tickets nov 3rd lol. 

I will remain numb until the Johnsons sell the franchise. 

3 things that will never happen:  The Johnson's selling the Jets, The Wilpon's selling the Mets and Jim Dolan selling the Knicks.  Why you ask?  Because all three owners are spoiled brats who have no desire to do anything but spend obscene amounts money on themselves, which is sustainable as long as they have endless amounts of cash flowing in from their sports franchises.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

welcome to the board

what s*cked you in in '98?  A Parcells fan before that? or just young & got caught up in that Vinny excitement?

... 2019 is about Darnold taking a step forward ... get this kid healthy & back on the field ... focus only on that and you should enjoy

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Watto said:

I've been at it since 1977. You're an amateur. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

It's probably because you started reading this message board. 

GIF by Ghostbusters

16 minutes ago, Watto said:

For the first time ever, I think I will get into New York hockey considering this outlook for the Jets season.

I'm really looking forward to the Nets this season. Shame they couldn't keep Russell - that would have added more incentive to watch them. 

Hockey is by far the best sport IMO. The 3 local teams are all going to be playoff contenders, should be a very exciting season.

I can't get into basketball, but hopefully the Knicks can change that before I die.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

You signed up for a Jets website to announce that you are giving up on the Jets.

ponder inspector gadget GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, TJ said:

I feel you, Watto.  All Jet fans are disappointed and frustrated with this team.  They aren't going anywhere this season.  I love football so I watch the KC Chiefs because they're fun to watch.  Hopefully Jets will get it together.  We need some luck. 

Yeah I'll always love football.

That's great that you watch the KC Chiefs. I'm also watching them too. 

I'm also watching the Ravens, Cardinals, and Titans. Hopefully they will make the season somewhat bearable. I will also keep a close eye on Alabama, LSU, and Michigan State in the college game. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

Yeah I'll always love football.

That's great that you watch the KC Chiefs. I'm also watching them too. 

I'm also watching the Ravens, Cardinals, and Titans. Hopefully they will make the season somewhat bearable. I will also keep a close eye on Alabama, LSU, and Michigan State in the college game. 

weird combo ... any story behind it?

4 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Hockey is by far the best sport IMO. The 3 local teams are all going to be playoff contenders, should be a very exciting season.

I can't get into basketball, but hopefully the Knicks can change that before I die.

That's good to know, thinking of making Rangers my team because of Nick Mangold's love for them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I don’t care if the Knicks win I just want to see the youngsters

• Upvote 1

Just now, ljr said:

weird combo ... any story behind it?

Chiefs because I followed Mahomes at Texas Tech. Never thought in my wildest dreams he would be drafted 10th overall and win the NFL MVP. He was good at college level but never would have thought NFL MVP. So that's been really cool to watch his college career transform into an NFL MVP career.

Ravens because I followed Jackson throughout his career at Louisville. Always thought he was special...but even week 1 this year still surprised me.

Cardinals because I'm interested in what Kliff Kingsbury and Murray can bring to the NFL. 

Titans because i've always been a fan of Henry following my days of watching Alabama. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, cbudiarjo said:

given up on what? winning the super bowl? going undefeated?

Being so fxxkin excited that I can't wait to watch every Jets game...I know, I know...I obviously have had high expectations.

This forum will definitely improve my outlook for Gang Green...  

With a new head coach who is supposedly an offensive guru, Darnold finishing strong last year, Getting new GM with a good reputation, Bell, Mosely, crowder Williams coach & DT, there was a lot to be hopeful for.

Getting our hopes not just dashed but quashed this early is really painful and raises a lot of questions.

ummm...................yeah............... go jets

• Upvote 3