Macagnan's Draft Logic

Y2jets

6 minutes ago, Y2jets said:

This is Macagnan's draft logic in a nutshell. 

I have a car that has 4 really good tires but the car won't start.  Something is wrong with the engine.  Let me go to the store and get the best available tires for my car. 

That's his logic for drafting Leonard Williams and Q Williams

Beyond stupid!!!  So annoying we could have better pieces on this team but had moron GMs. 

Please oh please let Douglass fix the broken parts of the car

.." Logic "  ? ?

:ahhh: 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Y2jets said:

I have a car that has 4 really good tires but the car won't start.  Something is wrong with the engine.  Let me go to the store and get the best available tires for my car. 

Beyond stupid!!!  So annoying we could have better pieces on this team but had moron GMs. 

you're right but we've also discussed mac's lack of drafting prowess on way too many threads. here's to hoping douglas does much better they need at least 2 good drafts to really have a good team.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Macc logic—pick Mel Kiper’s “best available” in the first round. In remaining rounds pick players who dropped way down boards in the months prior to draft due to injury, character issues, or work ethic concerns.

excellent points!  mac was always trying to find that diamond in the rough and ignoring the guys who could actually play the game.

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Macc logic—pick Mel Kiper’s “best available” in the first round. In remaining rounds pick players who dropped way down boards in the months prior to draft due to injury, character issues, or work ethic concerns.

This is pretty much it.  Joking aside, this is the way he drafted.

Kiper's best available always dropped because they were at non-impact type positions (Mac thought he was getting a steal)

Then he tried to be a hero in the later rounds and once again, find a steal.  

Honestly, it really is hard to look at the past 4 years and understand what the heck was going through his mind other than this....

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This is pretty much it.  Joking aside, this is the way he drafted.

Kiper's best available always dropped because they were at non-impact type positions (Mac thought he was getting a steal)

Then he tried to be a hero in the later rounds and once again, find a steal.  

Honestly, it really is hard to look at the past 4 years and understand what the heck was going through his mind other than this....

5 years actually. 5 freakin offseasons of further ruining an already ruined roster (thanks Idzik). 

38 minutes ago, Y2jets said:

Well, I'm sold.  I'm starting to think that Mike Maccagnan wasn't very good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Y2jets said:

I feel that at some point these points may have been discussed hereabouts.  The guy is gone.  It's time to move on.

**Macc goes in to AutoZone for tires for his car**

Macc:  Yes, Hi.   I'd like to get a set of 4 new tires for my car here.

AutoZone employee:  Ummm sir, thats a bicycle.

Macc:  Hmmmm, ok.  Well do you have car tires for this in stock?  If not I'll go see if they have any at Hobby Lobby.

Just now, chrisfaceoff said:

**Macc goes in to AutoZone for tires for his car**

Macc:  Yes, Hi.   I'd like to get a set of 4 new tires for my car here.

AutoZone employee:  Ummm sir, thats a bicycle.

Macc:  Hmmmm, ok.  Well do you have car tires for this in stock?  If not I'll go see if they have any at Hobby Lobby.

Unless of course he's riding one of these. 

Image result for big tire bike pics