Sam Darnold will practice fully today for #Jets. Players just can’t touch him. Asked Gase how he prevents a player slipping & making contact with Darnold’s spleen “Don’t slip”

Mike135

25 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Darnold is getting his spleen scanned again on Friday but as of now he is not cleared for contact. Sounds to me that the spleen is still enlarged but they are hoping it continues to go down in the next 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's pretty binary at this point.  The doctors will measure it.  If it's a certain size then he plays, if not then he doesn't.

I had read a post in some thread here (can't recall which one) that the spleen typically returns to normal size something like 4 weeks after initial symptom onset.  If Darnold's first symptoms were starting in the days leading up to that Week 1 game vs. Buffalo on Sept. 8th then he's just hitting the 4 week mark right now over the next couple days.  4 weeks from Sept. 8th is this Sunday, gameday vs. the Eagles.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

The guy played the first game fully infected, was sacked, hit and participated fully.

He is now no longer infected. He is not a water balloon ready to pop, he'll be fine

Thanks Dr.  Didn’t realize his spleen wasn’t enlarged or another single hit couldn’t have harmed him 

7 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

When asked how Mosley's groin is, Gase said "If Sam's spleen shrinks, Mosley's groin is healed"

I literally LOL'd.

Gase could be either all in....or all out on this game vs. the Eagles.  No chance without Darnold.  And, if he's going to put Darnold in there then he really wants to try to win.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Lotta JN posters ready to dust off the ole’ medical degree in here.

We apparently have spleen experts and lawyers who know labor laws and the collective bargaining agreement inside and out.  I mean, to be honest, don't we all come here first for our legal and medical advice?  Just me?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We apparently have spleen experts and lawyers who know labor laws and the collective bargaining agreement inside and out.  I mean, to be honest, don't we all come here first for our legal and medical advice?  Just me?

have you been harmed involved  a tailgate or a tailgating accident? stabbed in the mens room at Metlife stadium? Were you maimed or perhaps scarred emotionally when that mentally ill man was swinging a chainsaw? call the jN law team of Max and Shane... they look out... for YOU! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

beat me to it. I don't know why, but the "doctor, doctor, doctor introductions always crack me up.  So stupid too.  Thanks.. hadn't seen it in a while

its because every doctor ever is a pompous a hole 

introductions AND withdrawals! so formal. 

ten minutes later - Bob Hope cameo 

"Mind if I play through 

"Dr... Dr.  Glad I'm not sick" 

gotta make these references before everyone forgets who Bob Hope was and the current generation throws me in Trigger Prison with Bill Burr and most of the Jets fanbase. 

• Upvote 1