Sam Darnold will practice fully today for #Jets. Players just can’t touch him. Asked Gase how he prevents a player slipping & making contact with Darnold’s spleen “Don’t slip”

Mike135

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, let’s say that Darnold plays in ten upcoming games for the team. What kind of numbers does he have to put up to keep the scorched-earthers from banging the table for Justin Herbert next May? 62% 18 TDs, 9 INTs? 

He is playing the next 13 games.  25 tds and 10 picks would be the bare minimum you want from him.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He is playing the next 13 games.  25 tds and 10 picks would be the bare minimum you want from him.

He have to last 13 games first. If they don’t  get him out of the pocket and give him some room to operate he will be broke and probably for real this time by mid season. Can’t step up in a pocket with a free running lineman coming straight at  you. Not for long anyways. That zone blocking scheme needs a serious makeover. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, no. I would be fine with that, actually. 

I’d still consider things inconclusive. Honestly, we won’t know sh*t until next year no matter what considering how horrible the offense is. So whatever happens, happens. I just want to be in a good position to accumulate draft assets and support the offense as much as possible ASAP. That means be ready with 1 offseason. We can’t keep neglecting offense. 

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Same, but, That should be the floor for him, especially if the team is in extended garbage time. 

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He is a young, FQB with "elite" skills. We can't go by how the offense looked under a guy who should be selling refrigerators.

He has plenty of weapons around him. Other young backup QBs are winning with way less around them then Bell, Crowder, Montgomery, RA, and next week Herndon. The sky is the limit for Darnold under the tutelage of an offensive guru like Gase.

Time to sit back, and watch The Sam Show!!!

That’s lofty, particularly the 13 games. No way he goes from no-contact on Wednesday to playing on Sunday. That’d be nuts

What is your basis for saying that? He practiced today, so this is entirely different than most injury situations where there is missed practice reps on top of injury.

A QB is already supposed to be no contact in practice. So he is not missing anything by practicing today with “extra no contact” compared to normal. If he is cleared he will play, and the fact that he was not cleared as of today tells us nothing about what his status will be by end of week.

I am not saying he is a lock to play. But if he was a lock not to play they would be giving the reps to Falk. JMO.

36 minutes ago, Bob Robbins said:

What is your basis for saying that? He practiced today, so this is entirely different than most injury situations where there is missed practice reps on top of injury.

A QB is already supposed to be no contact in practice. So he is not missing anything by practicing today with “extra no contact” compared to normal. If he is cleared he will play, and the fact that he was not cleared as of today tells us nothing about what his status will be by end of week.

I am not saying he is a lock to play. But if he was a lock not to play they would be giving the reps to Falk. JMO.

Its like jet fans are terrified to see darnold play.  Unless we have the 1980 redskins hogs offensive line, randy moss and jerry rice at recievers, tony gonzales at tight end and don coryall calling the plays, he should sit.

Ive never seen fans of a team make more excuses for a player.  Its really bizarre.

Sam should be out there sunday, slinging it around against a terrible secondary and he should do well.

Its ryan tannehill all over again.  Dolphins fan made excuses for 7 years for the guy.  

Stop the insanity jet fans.  Dont be afraid to watch sam actually play football and judge him on the results you see on the field.  No more excuses!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

He is a young, FQB with "elite" skills. We can't go by how the offense looked under a guy who should be selling refrigerators.

He has plenty of weapons around him. Other young backup QBs are winning with way less around them then Bell, Crowder, Montgomery, RA, and next week Herndon. The sky is the limit for Darnold under the tutelage of an offensive guru like Gase.

Who exactly is winning with a worse collection of OL and WR?  I gotta hear this or is this another irrational #AnybodybutSam post.  Bell is legit, Crowder is a solid 3.  Loved the "offensive guru" part...peed my pants.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, SpartanJet said:

Who exactly is winning with a worse collection of OL and WR?  I gotta hear this or is this another irrational #AnybodybutSam post.  Bell is legit, Crowder is a solid 3.  Loved the "offensive guru" part...peed my pants.

Jets fans are such “in the moment reactionaries“.

We watched Sammy all offseason. He looked great. 

We signed top notch offensive weapons like Bell and  Montgomery and Crowder. Put them alongside Robbie and Herndon? Bam!

if you didn’t follow camp reports or watch preseason games, you didn’t see this offense humming under Gase’s tutelage. He’s a guru.

But hey, if you want to be all SOJF after watching Sammy struggle out there with mono, and two losses to very good teams with a guy who should be selling Toyota’s playing QB? Or judge Gase and his guru ness because of that? Go ahead. I’m being positive here.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Nobody will ever succeed on the Jets, because the Jets will never succeed.  They are a jobber for the NFL to contrast with the "Real" NFL team in New York, the Giants. 

We root for the Generals, it's by design. Once we all accept that, things will be better. LOL 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We signed top notch offensive weapons like Bell and  Montgomery and Crowder. Put them alongside Robbie and Herndon? Bam!

if you didn’t follow camp reports or watch preseason games, you didn’t see this offense humming under Gase’s tutelage. He’s a guru.

But hey, if you want to be all SOJF after watching Sammy struggle out there with mono, and two losses to very good teams with a guy who should be selling Toyota’s playing QB? Or judge Gase and his guru ness because of that? Go ahead. I’m being positive here.

I can't tell if this is a schitck or you're being serious. Well done.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You didn't answer the question.  Please list the teams with young QBs that have worse OL and WR yet are winning.  Bell is a legit weapon no argument.  Crowder is at best a good slot receiver a solid 3rd WR.  RA is a borderline 2/3 type at best.  Montgomery is trash.  Herndon is an unknown still.  Our offensive line is offensively bad one of the worst in the league hands down.

You certainly are being positive that you don't like Sam at QB.

• Thumb Down 1

Seems like all signs are pointing to Sam playing. He's taking the first team reps and is a full go in practice... if the doctors end up not clearing him and Falk gets trotted out there without any reps we are in for a world of hurt - more than usual maybe.

That said - if the doctors clear his spleen (lol), why would we not play him? If the docs say he can go, let's ******* go.

• Upvote 3

Really, really, really (really) looking forward to seeing the starting NFL quarterback under center for this franchise either this week, or at the latest, next week

I'm so happy that it looks like I don't have to watch meaningless football through Thanksgiving. 

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Who took your phone. Usually you’re saying the opposite of this.

edit: oh okay I get it.