Sam Darnold will practice fully today for #Jets. Players just can’t touch him. Asked Gase how he prevents a player slipping & making contact with Darnold’s spleen “Don’t slip”

Mike135

Just now, TeddEY said:

4 years of undergrad plus 4 years of medical school plus 4 or more years of residency and having to listen to morons disagree and say, "actually, I read on the internet that..." all day long, will do that to you.

Actually, I find anyone who's more knowledgeable than I am pompous. Makes me sick.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Look at the video.  Darnold is fine.  His “mono” has mysteriously went away now that the line has had another month to gel.

I just checked the JN poster power rankings.  Yep, you're still on the bottom, especially now that Hackenberg got banned.  

Do better.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tony MaC said:

We're playing a little fast and loose with the guys life here. I don't know the full situation, and I'm encouraged by the fact that he's cleared to practice and run a bit, but it would REALLY bad if somebody were to actually... y'know... slip.

This whole situation is so bizarre. I don't know if I want to see him out there because we completely suck without him, or prefer to see him sit another week because he might actually die if they're not careful.  I hope, if anything, there are multiple opinions on this at least.

We’re hoping this guy is the QB the next 12 years. He’s 22. Were 0-3. 

Why not give him a couple of extra weeks recovery time?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

They are going to 100% screw this up 

if he’s that fragile on Wednesday don’t play him Sunday and give all the reps to Falk 

this is really stupid sh*t they are pulling 

Getting the Eagles to prepare for every Qb. Gase game plan, but no OL that's a prolem.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I literally LOL'd.

Gase could be either all in....or all out on this game vs. the Eagles.  No chance without Darnold.  And, if he's going to put Darnold in there then he really wants to try to win.

he didn't say this did he.  what a way to throw the other QB under the bus.

17 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

4 years of undergrad plus 4 years of medical school plus 4 or more years of residency and having to listen to morons disagree and say, "actually, I read on the internet that..." all day long, will do that to you.

that's why my wife takes care of preemies.  they can't talk :-)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lounap23 said:

Maybe I am in the minority here but I rather we have him sit one more week.  

Totally agree. If he can't be touched in practice he shouldn't be practicing. This team is going nowhere fast and trifling with Darnold's health/career/life to get him back a week early is malpractice. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, freestater said:

This actually pisses me off. Second coach in a row to throw in the towel on multiple games because a starting QB going down. 

A Back-up QB doesn't make the surrounding 'talent' better. Sam does. Simple as that... This roster overall stinks... but Darnold makes them better and I think has proven that with game 1 this year and the end of the year last year. 

• Thumb Down 1