Darnold better than Brady!

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Both QB’s had bad games, one did slightly better than the other. Clearly now best QB in the league.

Lets see how he does against the Eagles.

Given he was dealing with mono, given the OL, given the Bills D, he played well.  They should have put up 20 points, won the game and no one would be complaining about the game or our QB

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Given he was dealing with mono, given the OL, given the Bills D, he played well.  They should have put up 20 points, won the game and no one would be complaining about the game

We do not know if he was feeling any physical affects at the time of the Bills game? - Since Brady struggled he may have just had a bad game.

When he does start again we will find out if he can play or not?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

We do not know if he was feeling any physical affects at the time of the Bills game? - Since Brady struggled he may have just had a bad game.

Yes we do.  He had to given when he was diagnosed and how the illness progresses and he said he just thought he was coming down with something, he felt lethargic, weak and groggy.  

All symptoms.  

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes we do.  He had to given when he was diagnosed and how the illness progresses and he said he just thought he was coming down with something, he felt lethargic, weak and groggy.  

All symptoms.  

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Are you suggesting we recognize hes a young QB with a very limited game history and simply wait for more information to come in? 

Nah. Much more sensible to make a decision right now. Dig in. Dismiss and excuse away any new evidence that emerges that undermines our opinion while also playing up any new evidence that supports. Dig in further. Call the other side names. Drive up post counts. 

We can go on like that for years.

Deaths door.

He may or may not be ill, but he looks ok. I need to see more games to be convinced.

44 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

It is now being reported that he started  feeling sick 2 weeks before the bills but played through it. He likely played the buffalo game with the enlarged spleen.

• Upvote 1

It's crazy how Sammy was able to persevere through what he did against Buffalo. Looking back it seems like it could be a defining moment in his career.

If I'm at ESPN, I'm already assembling the team to put together a 30 for 30 about "The Mono Game". Hell the parent company, Disney, should be looking to turn it into a movie. Think how many people would be inspired by his story.

Perhaps like me, they're just waiting for our Sammy to write the ending to the story. Is there anyone here who questions how the movie will end? This Sunday Sammy begins what will become his comeback for the Ages. I'm expecting our inevitable playoff run to start in Philly, with Sammy embarking on his MVP campaign while carrying the Jets on his broad shoulders.

He's back. He's ready. We're ready. LFGJ baby!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Sam said he was about 80% during the Bill's game. I would say he knew  he was sick. 

5 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Some people here seems to go over board  about Darnold's  less than stellar performance in Buffalo...well, he did better than Brady with a lot less!

Brady vs. Bills

18/39  150yd  3.8avg 0td 1int

10.QBR / 45 rtg

Darnold (no sleep mono) vs. Bills
28/41   175   4.3ave    1 td 0int 

37.8 QBR / 84.9 rtg

Who was better vs. The Bills?

one big difference ...The Pats Won that should not directly reflect on Darnold since neither QB played particularly well but it is what it is

• Upvote 1

Some people here seems to go over board  about Darnold's  less than stellar performance in Buffalo...well, he did better than Brady with a lot less!

Brady vs. Bills

10.QBR / 45 rtg

37.8 QBR / 84.9 rtg

thank you!  I have stayed away from this site last few weeks because of all the morons.  Now obviously, Sam is not "better" than Brady, but all the idiots going crazy about Sam's performance in week 1....just blows my mind.  then you have Brady do worse!  

That game mirrored our game against Bills in so many ways:  Pats getting TDs that were not due to the offense (punt block, int deep in Bills territory) - although Sam did lead a TD drive, with a TD pass and a 2 pt conversion pass;  the turnover machine that is Josh Allen made appearances in both games;  our kicker missed an XP, so did Pats',  Bills losing 16-10 late in game, thinking that XP miss would come back to haunt them.  only difference is Allen was out in the game against the Pats (and the Pats defense of course)

again, not saying Sam is Brady, or we are in same league as the Pats, but it just goes to show that the "real Jets" are ok.  this abomination we have right now is just unreal.  Sam, Quincy, ALL starting LBs (Mosley/Williamson/Jenkins/Copeland - I mean my GOD!), still no Herndon, Siemian, QW.....all of that aside, what team is winning with their 3rd string QB?  then you throw all of THAT on top of it?  come on!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, nico002 said:

He literally said he was 80% for the Bills game 

Literally'

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think it's  safe to say, Sam has done nothing to prove he is better than Brady. Playing the Bill's slightly better than Brady did is meaningless. 

WTF is this s**t? You're either in or you're out buddy!

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

BEST QB IN THE AFCE BABY!!!!

There ya go!!! This guy is IN.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

All symptoms.  

exactly.  I tell ya, the people on this forum.....

they announced it first day of practice, which was Wednesday - THREE DAYS AFTER the game!!!  yeah I'm sure he came down with it Tuesday night and was 100% on Sunday!  sure - let's "tank for Tua"!!

• Upvote 1

Brady vs. Bills

10.QBR / 45 rtg

37.8 QBR / 84.9 rtg

It might have something to do with the 6 rings he was wearing on this throwing hand. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

One guy put up a field goal and TD and got the win.  The other got one TD and took the L.  

Brady kicks FG's now? Wins and Losses are team stats, not QB stats. 

In no way, shape or form was Brady the difference in the Pats win over the Bills. The Pats defense and special teams won the game.

That said, this thread is ridiculous. Oh look - Darnold had a better crappy game against the Bills than Brady's crappy game - let me start a thread titled "Darnold better than Brady". Derp

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Brady kicks FG's now? Wins and Losses are team stats, not QB stats. 

In no way, shape or form was Brady the difference in the Pats win over the Bills. The Pats defense and special teams won the game.

That said, this thread is ridiculous. Oh look - Darnold had a better crappy game against the Bills than Brady's crappy game - let me start a thread titled "Darnold better than Brady". Derp

The Jets defense won the game too.  They scored 8 ******* points and the Jets still couldn't win.  

IMO, the main reason that the Jets and Pats offenses were so inept was that they were playing with a lead.  There was no reason to step on the gas when the Bills O is so bad and you are winning.  That is the reason I was giving Darnold/Gase a pass for week 1.  Way more than the mono.  The Jets D happened to fall apart when they lost Mosley and were forced to run with two guys not accustomed to making the calls.  What has happened since has made me think I was cutting them way too much slack.