Copeland activated, Falk waived

AbstraKt

The fact that Fales is considered a better QB2 than Falk is telling.  On the few plays when WRs were wide open AND there was protection he couldn't get the ball out on time and to the right guy.  It's unfortunate but this is the big leagues.

I think we're really going to find out that this offense is pretty decent once Darnold, Herndon, Bell, Robby, etc. get it cooking behind an offensive line that can only get better....because it can't get much worse.

Let's not forget...

1762012450_ScreenShot2019-09-30at11_54_31AM.png.cc12aab8fa3beb24123e242005b2752e.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

I guess Fales is the new back up. 

I was a big fan of Falk coming out of college, but man, the guy just couldn't get it done.  No pocket presence, holding hte ball too long.  Just not an NFL QB, at least not at this stage of his career.  

Me too. Thought he’d make a good back up but to be fair, the moron Gase gave Darnold all the first string reps last week, Falk was/is basically a rookie with no first string reps and a sh*t offense w a sh*t HC. 
still might make for a nice journeyman back up NFL QB, which was always best case scenario. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The fact that Fales is considered a better QB2 than Falk is telling.  On the few plays when WRs were wide open AND there was protection he couldn't get the ball out on time and to the right guy.  It's unfortunate but this is the big leagues.

I think we're really going to find out that this offense is pretty decent once Darnold, Herndon, Bell, Robby, etc. get it cooking behind an offensive line that can only get better....because it can't get much worse.

Let's not forget...

1762012450_ScreenShot2019-09-30at11_54_31AM.png.cc12aab8fa3beb24123e242005b2752e.png

I don’t think Fales is necessary a better QB than Falk but just a better, safer option at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Let's not forget...

Yeah that was fun stuff watching them score 8 points despite four turnovers.

Crowder might have set an NFL record having under 100 yards with 42 catches, so there's that. And oh yeah, the 84.5 QBR.

Good times!

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I see paxton lynch got picked up to back up.  Who else is out there? Why do we not have a guy like osweiler in here.

What is sam bradford doing?

Tom savage?  Kevin hogan?  Landry jones?

After the Falk debacle we need a better alternative if darnold gets hurt again.

Mike White is on our practice squad he's the next man up. 

Agree though what the hell is JD doing besides nothing. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mike White is on our practice squad he's the next man up. 

Agree though what the hell is JD doing besides nothing. 

Yeah I don't think White is ready though you never know. 

I know almost nothing about Fales, does he at least have either A) and arm or b) the ability to run?

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah I don't think White is ready though you never know. 

I know almost nothing about Fales, does he at least have either A) and arm or b) the ability to run?

Measured 6' 1½" at the combine and ran a 4.99 40.  So he is undersized and slow.  Don't think he was known as a guy with a big arm coming out of college.  Don't think he is the long term answer for back-up.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Measured 6' 1½" at the combine and ran a 4.99 40.  So he is undersized and slow.  Don't think he was known as a guy with a big arm coming out of college.  Don't think he is the long term answer for back-up.

If Sam goes down again and he comes in does it really matter? Embrace the suck and we can start to discuss how to spend the hi draft pick in the spring.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I notice he is another guy who was in miami with gase.  His resume looks pretty bad.

We just essentially tossed a couple of games away due to a limited poor Qb and sounds like we replace him with another one.  May as well go with a young guy with upside if you ask me ratrher than a 29 year old limited journeyman who has had almost no nfl reg season action.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I see paxton lynch got picked up to back up.  Who else is out there? Why do we not have a guy like osweiler in here.

What is sam bradford doing?

Tom savage?  Kevin hogan?  Landry jones?

After the Falk debacle we need a better alternative if darnold gets hurt again.

Because everyone of those QBs suck?  Only one knows the system and we needed a QB immediately? 

• Upvote 1

Me too. Thought he’d make a good back up but to be fair, the moron Gase gave Darnold all the first string reps last week, Falk was/is basically a rookie with no first string reps and a sh*t offense w a sh*t HC. 
still might make for a nice journeyman back up NFL QB, which was always best case scenario. 

By all accounts Darnold was looking to be ok to play that week. What would’ve been tragic is if Darnold was healthy and didn’t get reps because we might’ve been playing Falk. Trust me, Falk getting reps would not help his cause very much, he just sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Wow, Falk goes from starting one week to not even being good enough to hold a clipboard the next week.

Tough business.

The only thing I can think of is he is totally shell shocked to be more accurate, sack shocked. Might as well go with the guy that isn't  hearing steps coming at him in his sleep. 

• Upvote 1