Darnold Is NOT the Problem

JetsLife

The “Seeing ghosts” is his butt fumble. Rich Eisen said he will have to win a Lombardi to live it down. 

It went so badly, It could be what finishes the kid off before he’s started.

First he gets the mono, then he plays epically bad, and worse of all embarrassing himself in front of the nation. Not the ideal second year bounce, you want out of your QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The “Seeing ghosts” is his butt fumble. Rich Eisen said he will have to win a Lombardi to live it down. 

It went so badly, It could be what finishes the kid off before he’s started.

First he gets the mono, then he plays epically bad, and worse of all embarrassing himself in front of the nation. Not the ideal second year bounce, you want out of your QB.

That's pretty a stupid comment by Eisen.

That some fans think a QB, who has played well, is done after one bad game is mind boggling 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

If we wish to point fingers point then point every which way but young Sammy Darnold. 

Wake up. It’s NOT Darnold. It’s everyone else BUT him. 

"young Sammy Darnold" LMAO

Unless you're his mom or the chick who gave him mono... Seriously?

• Sympathy 3

27 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Brady himself would admit he’s a also a product of a superior OC and superior game plan week in week out. I know because I know enough broadly and semi directly to know. 

You place Darnold in the Pats system and he would light it up. Obviously not to the GOAT’s level starting out - but he’d light it up over time if not within a few weeks  

If we wish to point fingers point then point every which way but young Sammy Darnold. The kid has the skills. He’s been thrust in to awful awful awful coaching above all. This offensive line deficiency talk has merit to it. But it is, has been and always will be about the acumen of your OC and broader operation to put your QB in a position to succeed. 

Please all you anti Darnold-ers: no QB ever or Usain Bolt would’ve escaped that Monday night. 

We have a gm who totally ignored any support group of players for a young franchise Qb for years.

We have a terrible offensive line,

We have no true security blanket TE

We have an awful awful head coach/oc that utterly failed in their last 'take a Qb to the next level' gig.

When everyone was excusing gase and his plan because of falk I said right then at when darnold comes back and does not look near as good as last year that people on here will start dumping all over him. 

I've been very critical of a lot of jets QBS in the past even when it was not fashionable to do so (Sanchez), this guy is a potential franchise qb too bad the jets being the jets are doing  everything in their power to f'ck it up.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

33 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Brady himself would admit he’s a also a product of a superior OC and superior game plan week in week out. I know because I know enough broadly and semi directly to know. 

You place Darnold in the Pats system and he would light it up. Obviously not to the GOAT’s level starting out - but he’d light it up over time if not within a few weeks  

If we wish to point fingers point then point every which way but young Sammy Darnold. The kid has the skills. He’s been thrust in to awful awful awful coaching above all. This offensive line deficiency talk has merit to it. But it is, has been and always will be about the acumen of your OC and broader operation to put your QB in a position to succeed. 

Please all you anti Darnold-ers: no QB ever or Usain Bolt would’ve escaped that Monday night. 

Is this satire?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Yes, if Darnold started cheating, he'd be pretty good, too.

There's no data out there that proves Sam isn't part of the problem right now...can't call him a bust yet, can't say hes our surefire Franchise QB yet.....we don't know what he is at this time.....anyone who tries to tell you otherwise doesn't know themselves they only think they do....

We've  seen him play well at times.....however, as much as I like Sam, I would be lying if I didn't mention that his penchant for chucking the ball recklessly and turning it over when he's flustered is at least concerning.....

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

There's no data out there that proves Sam isn't part of the problem right now...can't call him a bust yet, can't say hes our surefire Franchise QB yet.....we don't know what he is at this time.....anyone who tries to tell you otherwise doesn't know themselves they only think they do....

We've  seen him play well at times.....however, as much as I like Sam, I would be lying if I didn't mention that his penchant for chucking the ball recklessly and turning it over when he's flustered is at least concerning.....

When you are flustered as a QB, there are not many good outcomes

• Upvote 1

Darnold has a really intriguing skill set. His propensity is to succeed out of structure which is exciting, though I worry a little that what makes him special (those off platform, weird arm angle, back foot throws) are what will lead to him always being a little inconsistent. Seems like the bad habits make him great but can also lead to negative plays.

I don’t think it’s a lock he’s successful. I do think he’d be an example of a quarterback prospect the Jets ruined rather than just a bad pick. The first in recent memory. Need to get him some protection and guys who can get open before seeing ghosts is a thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If this season continues on it's current path, Sam is likely to have his 3rd head coach and 3rd new offense to learn in 3 years. Absolutely no stability. Hes had below average weapons on offense, and an absolutley terrible offensive line throughout his career here. Not exactly what I'd call protecting your franchise QB and most important asset. Incompetence bordering on criminally negligent from this joke of an organization. 

Yes, Darnold had a bad game but he’s only 22, has played 16 games, has an awful Oline, a HC with a losing record, average WRs and no TEs. Even the all pro RB who would of been a HOFer is currently struggling. 

The same people who were claiming he was headed to the HOF last week are now wanting him cut. Get a ****ing grip already FFS. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

If this season continues on it's current path, Sam is likely to have his 3rd head coach and 3rd new offense in 3 years. Absolutely no stability. Hes had below average weapons on offense, and an absolutley terrible offensive line throughout his career here. Not exactly what I'd call protecting your franchise QB and most important asset. Incompetence bordering on criminally negligent from this joke of an organization. 

Hey we picked 3rd overall (again), and decided to draft our 5th 1st round 3-4 DE/DT since 2011. You know the fat kid who plays 20% of the snaps because he doesn’t fit the scheme we run.

The one who missed almost a month with a strained ankle. The one with no sacks and little to no impact. Yes let’s not build around our second year QB.

Let’s throw him to the wolf’s, and set this franchise back to the Stone Age. We are basically an expansion team at this point.

19 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

The Kid had a long string WITHOUT turning it over before he was picked late in the Dallas game...and then well...he was part of maybe the worst game played (by the entire roster) in Jet history...and that is very difficult to do being that there are so many.

He has really upped his game since the day he came back from injury last year overall.

But it’s now, unfortunately, a possibility that he gets ruined.  That he is on his 3rd OC in 3 years.  That Gase is the Fraud many said he was.  And if he is, I just don’t get how the guy was able to finagle getting 1 of the only 32 of those jobs in the entire world....TWICE...this is a guy who never played football personally at a level higher than High School.

It’s almost as though Peyton Manning was drunk with his friends, picked up the phone, and before calling Chris Johnson said “watch me f*ck the Jets over again”..and they all laughed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

You lost everyone on this board when you mentioned Vinny and Chad in the same post as Mark and Geno. Just stop. 

Not only that, if VT did not blow his Achilles in week 1, we would be calling him the second greatest QB in NJ history because they win the 1999-2000 SB.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That's pretty a stupid comment by Eisen.

That some fans think a QB, who has played well, is done after one bad game is mind boggling 

He has "played well" in 25% of the games he has played. 

Hes trending the wrong way. It is what it is. 

• Sympathy 1

I believe darnold can be a great quarterback but even if he hits his ceiling he will be the type of quarterback that is going to periodically lay an egg. The most important thing is that he comes back and bounces back from these terrible games, if he can do that then he will be a franchise qb if he gets stuck on games like last week then we will need to cut ties and try again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not even beginning to write off Darnold but there is no excusing his terrible MNF performance.

I encourage you to watch these: not to say that he wasn't the problem because he was... Many times but just watch these:

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1