Give Gase a Chance

Unpopular opinion here... Gase and Williams were in a no win situation vs Belichick. Belichick couldn't beat Belichick with the holes on this roster. Our CBs would have trouble starting for Alabama, Mosley is a ghost and hurt the team when he was in and Cashman is promising but still too inexperienced to face an offense run by a HOFer. The D line is so fat and slow and can't collapse Brady's pocket and force him to make bad decisions. 

We will win at least 6 games down the stretch because we can hide our roster deficiencies vs other bad teams. We can't fool Belichick with our weaknesses. 

Joe has his work cut out for him! 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Haha 2

Trying to give Gase a chance. The way he handles his OL, and publicly stated that Osemele could seek him out is not very encouraging, the coach especially on the same side of the ball should have his pulse on his players. I'm not saying they should be best friends but they better have a football relationship these are the players protecting and surrounding the ''Baby Jesus''. Gase, and the Jets are failing for obvious reasons personnel wise which I take into account, however, he doesn't seem to make up for these hopefully temporary setbacks with almost all of the rest of his duties.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Unpopular opinion here... Gase and Williams were in a no win situation vs Belichick.

For the record, it's an unpopular opinion here on Pity Party Defeatist Victim SOJF social media, but not out in the real world.  In the real world, everyone knows the curveball thrown at Gase, he's not responsible for 1-5.

The season starts Sunday.  10 games for Darnold and Gase to prove they can work together, 10 games for Williams to continue to inspire a deficient defense, but this time against teams we are on an even playing field with.  We've just run the gauntlet.  The easy part of the schedule is upon us, finally.  The pathetic Bills went 5-1 against these cripples, now its our turn.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For the record, it's an unpopular opinion here on Pity Party Defeatist Victim SOJF social media, but not out in the real world.  In the real world, everyone knows the curveball thrown at Gase, he's not responsible for 1-5.

The season starts Sunday.  10 games for Darnold and Gase to prove they can work together, 10 games for Williams to continue to inspire a deficient defense, but this time against teams we are on an even playing field with.  We've just run the gauntlet.  The easy part of the schedule is upon us, finally.  The pathetic Bills went 5-1 against these cripples, now its our turn.

SAR I

Curious, is it also not Gase's fault that he is a career loser as a head coach?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For the record, it's an unpopular opinion here on Pity Party Defeatist Victim SOJF social media, but not out in the real world.

SAR I

What exactly needs to happen in the next 10 games for Gase to prove he has what it takes.  He's 14-24 in his last 38 games.  The longer he sticks around somewhere the worse it gets.

Why not go get a proven winner in here?

Not sure you realize this but out in the real world everyone is laughing at us...because we hired Gase.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Curious, is it also not Gase's fault that he is a career loser as a head coach?

Unless you can conclusively prove that he was the mastermind behind Ryan Tannehill's ACL and Sam Darnold's mononucleousis, then Adam Gase is merely the victim of bad luck and his talent as an offensive mind, supported by Peyton Manning, is as yet indisputable.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Unpopular opinion here... Gase and Williams were in a no win situation vs Belichick. Belichick couldn't beat Belichick with the holes on this roster. Our CBs would have trouble starting for Alabama, Mosley is a ghost and hurt the team when he was in and Cashman is promising but still too inexperienced to face an offense run by a HOFer. The D line is so fat and slow and can't collapse Brady's pocket and force him to make bad decisions. 

We will win at least 6 games down the stretch because we can hide our roster deficiencies vs other bad teams. We can't fool Belichick with our weaknesses. 

Joe has his work cut out for him! 

I thought you were going to make the case that gase should be given a chance, but you dont mention the offense at all, that is what he is coaching. You are taling about the def that has played alot better than their talent. 

No mention of the lost off gameplan, completely predictable and terrible play calls and coached players. throw out pats game - which you shouldnt but lets just throw it out - game after game without a pass past the line of scrimmage, first downs, TDs. etc etc.

You wan tto give gase a chance out of the goodnewss of your heart, a chance mind you after all the other chances  - ok. But at least say what it is. Just the goodness of your heart because Gase is not in a no win situation, he has a young talent QB one of the best backs to ever play the game and he sucks.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

What exactly needs to happen in the next 10 games for Gase to prove he has what it takes.  He's 14-24 in his last 38 games.  The longer he sticks around somewhere the worse it gets.

Why not go get a proven winner in here?

Not sure you realize this but out in the real world everyone is laughing at us...because we hired Gase.

What is his record with a healthy #1 quarterback under center for the Dolphins and Jets?  Do you have that stat? 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Unless you can conclusively prove that he was the mastermind behind Ryan Tannehill's ACL and Sam Darnold's mononucleousis, then Adam Gase is merely the victim of bad luck and his talent as an offensive mind, supported by Peyton Manning, is as yet indisputable.

SAR I

victim of not being a talented off guru as advertised. he sucks man. There is nothing to show gase is anythign other than overrated. he sucks

17 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

victim of not being a talented off guru as advertised. he sucks man. There is nothing to show gase is anythign other than overrated. he sucks

You can't judge an offensive coordinator on recent success/failure with the likes of Ryan Tannehill (not a starting NFL caliber QB) and Luke Falk (grocery bagger).

With a healthy Sam Darnold, Adam Gase is 1-1.  If Mosely doesn't get hurt against the Bills, he's 2-1, even having a QB with mono.

Your penis is upset because of water cooler teasing and a loss to the undefeated Patriots.  Grow up.  Man up.  All of you.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

3 and half years as a HC isn't enough? Are you still evaluating Geno as a QB too?

You had a lot of success as a junior executive and got promoted.  After a very successful first year, you get mono, you miss a month of work.  So you deserve to be fired.

That makes sense to you.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets fans who think that firing Gase will improve the Jets situation:

Nothing says "Come join us in the NFL, Lincoln Riley!" like firing your offensive-minded head coach after one season.  A season where he lost his first and second string quarterbacks during the grueling part of his schedule.

What Jets fans don't understand is that Todd Bowles was the "best we can do" candidate.  We are lucky to have Adam Gase here.  Lucky.  But like Jets fans, they take everything good and ruin it for themselves.  Because Mets.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Nothing says "Come join us in the NFL, Lincoln Riley!" like firing your offensive-minded head coach after one season.  A season where he lost his first and second string quarterbacks during the grueling part of his schedule.

What Jets fans don't understand is that Todd Bowles was the "best we can do" candidate.  We are lucky to have Adam Gase here.  Lucky.  But like Jets fans, they take everything good and ruin it for themselves.  Because Mets.

SAR I

The one thing that angers and terrifies Jets fans more than anything else is having a smart person come into the job and say, “this organization stinks and I’m going to fix it, but it will take some time.” They much prefer to have idiot grifters blow smoke up their asses and tell them that the team is great, they’re great, everything is awesome, and we’re going to win every game. They don’t even care about the wins and losses. They just want their heads patted like a golden retriever.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It's extraordinarily disputable, considering his entire display of "talent" is 100% purely dependent on having Manning.

But of course, I'm sure you feel similarly about the offensive brilliance and guarantee for head coaching success of Tom Moore, Clyde Christensen, Mike McCoy, and Rick Dennison too, right?