The cold, hard truth - Gase is now ruining Darnold

WowOhWow

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Adam Gase just doesn't have ANY talent to work with. No one can be successful under these circumstances. I'm really not sure if Gase is a good HC, not really defending him here? I just want to see how good he can be with a competent team under his direction. Right now he's forced to coach a pop warner team against pro competition.

The offense was better when Jeremy Bates -- a guy we plucked off the Appalachian Trail -- was running things. 

The talent is bad and needs to be upgraded. But the idea that we cannot judge Gase when he's demonstrably made the offense worse is nonsense, IMO.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Adam Gase just doesn't have ANY talent to work with. No one can be successful under these circumstances. I'm really not sure if Gase is a good HC, not really defending him here? I just want to see how good he can be with a competent team under his direction. Right now he's forced to coach a pop warner team against pro competition.

I’m sure he’s not a good coach based off his years of experience of not being a good coach.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Right. They didn’t go out and get Leveon Bell and Crowder. 

• Upvote 2

The worst case scenario is happening.  The only thing we can't allow to happen.  The QB we all waited eons for looks lost, scared and his fundamentals are eroding before our eyes.
We can't let this happen.  I blame Gase.  And I want him gone.
I am lost to understand how anyone on this board can say anything in his defense.  I have no sympathy for you apologists.  I have no patience to listen to your absurd analysis that Gase needs more time for this or that reason.  He's inept.

I thought you left? No??

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

He has more talent than Bates had last year.  Bell and Crowder are way, way better than what they had last year.  The OL are basically the same players.  Play calling is the difference.  It sucks!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, rammagen said:

we did and that is Gase as well he has made no adjustments to really help them on any constant basis

I disagree.  Gase adjusted in the first drive to get the ball out quickly and it worked.  Then he inexplicably changed to deep drops by Darnold and he got crucified back there.  Gase then went back to quick releases and it worked again.  Then he went back to deep drops!  HORRIBLE PLAY CALLING.

• Upvote 1

Adam Gase's last 10 games as an NFL head coach 1-9, 8 total offensive touchdowns.  

Please explain to me why anyone wants this guy around?

If someone can make a compelling argument I will literally change my tune and shut up and go away.

The guy is 1-9.  His offenses don't score.

I said it in another thread that was ripped apart by the apologists...NFL offense has passed Gase by.  It's been a looooong time since anything he's been associated has been good.  Look it up.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I disagree.  Gase adjusted in the first drive to get the ball out quickly and it worked.  Then he inexplicably changed to deep drops by Darnold and he got crucified back there.  Gase then went back to quick releases and it worked again.  Then he went back to deep drops!  HORRIBLE PLAY CALLING.

If you adjust and then go back is that adjusting to the defense or just throwing crap against the wall to se if it sticks. If he adjusted he should have continued with what is working. This was another knock of him in Miami

I don't know what everyone else is seeing, but just about 95% of the time Darnold is dropping back, the entire OL is collapsing faster than he can decide what to do.  Even when he hands off the ball, the opponents D always seems to be in the backfield.

That's not to say that Darnold is not without blame , but constant pressure every time with the ball is going to rear it's ugly head on any QB, much less one that only played 17 games in his short carreer.

Fact is the OL is MUCH worse than what we have anticipated - I think the one decision that has to be made is FIRE the OL coach.  But Gase will look bad with that move, it's his man he has to can.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Jets: “We’re the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the league. Have very little talent on the roster and will not stand for this!”

Also Jets: “Let’s keep our GM, even though he’s missed on 90%+ of his picks and additions. We’ll fix this problem by hiring the coach from the only team we know for a fact was worse than ours.”

... And who still swept us.

2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

The worst case scenario is happening.  The only thing we can't allow to happen.  The QB we all waited eons for looks lost, scared and his fundamentals are eroding before our eyes.

We can't let this happen.  I blame Gase.  And I want him gone.

I am lost to understand how anyone on this board can say anything in his defense.  I have no sympathy for you apologists.  I have no patience to listen to your absurd analysis that Gase needs more time for this or that reason.  He's inept.

The proof is right here. Bates had Darnold playing much better with the same amount, well actually less talent around him!!!

• Upvote 3

Gase has to take responsibility, no question.

It doesn't take a football genius to recognize a stacked defense that the Patriots and Jacksonville exhibited to not know that when a blitz is on it's way, make the adjustment for the 1-2 WR's or tight end to find the gap and do crossing pattern, or TE go in motion to help block, or even have Darnold  do a bootleg? Have we even seen that these last 2 games?

Now I know what Tannehill had to go thru, and the proof of it is that he's thriving in Tennessee.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Adam Gase's last 10 games as an NFL head coach 1-9, 8 total offensive touchdowns.  

Please explain to me why anyone wants this guy around?

If someone can make a compelling argument I will literally change my tune and shut up and go away.

The guy is 1-9.  His offenses don't score.

I said it in another thread that was ripped apart by the apologists...NFL offense has passed Gase by.  It's been a looooong time since anything he's been associated has been good.  Look it up.

The next banner that needs to fly is not Fire Gase or fire another GM, it's "SELL THE TEAM NOW!" 

Worst owners in sports

This damn organization is good for nothing. We finally have a potential franchise QB and we are on the verge of ruining him due to terrible coaching, an embarrassing offensive line and a complete lack of playmakers.

This offseason needs to be all about getting the best out of this QB.  Hire a real coach that will get the best out of Darnold and draft a ton of offensive linemen. Hopefully Douglas is the exact opposite of Maccagnan or we are doomed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1