Andrew Thomas

Whose the best interior defensive lineman, or inside linebacker? Judging the history of this franchise, that's who we'll pick. Another 300 pound defensive tackle who the Jets are going to tell us will be able to rush the QB lol.

I'm holding out hope for Douglass, but we haven't had GM's in recent times who understand how you win in the NFL today. 

Andrew Thomas would be the no brainer pick here. Get the LT you need for 10+ years. It doesn’t matter if you put Sam Darnold or Trevor Lawerence back there, someone needs protection and Thomas is the guy for it.

And in front of bell... so that even if we dont have a qb we can still have a run game

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The better question is, if end up high enough...do we try to trade down to a QB hungry team?

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

yes.

you trade down and take take OL with the all the picks you get.  

Unfortunately we've been so bad of late that we don't have the luxury of taking just one guy if there's an opportunity to get more players.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I think the possibility of us selecting him just became real. 

Wouldn't hate it.... But this is an incredibly deep OL draft class.... I would rather draft Jerry Jeudy and then nothing but OL after... 

Wouldn't be surprised if we draft T Austin Jackson if we are top 5.

I honestly think the ideal situation is to  be in the top 3 and in a position to trade down just a few spots but grab an extra 3rd and 4th this year and another 2nd and 6th next year.  If we do that definitely take Jeudy as long as we are still in the top 8 and grab the OL guys in rds 2 and 3

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, deucebag said:

What about Chase Young?  

If we have an opportunity to take Young we should do it and use every other pick on offensive lineman. Yes Andrew Thomas is good but Young is an elite edge prospect and you simply can’t pass on that for a good OT. 

I’d rather take Trey Adams in the second round and fill in guard/center via free agency or mid round picks and finally be able to pressure the QB  

This would definitely be the pick to make.

If they do end up picking in the top 5 though I wouldn't be surprised if they traded back... They need so many upgrades everywhere.

I sort of don't think that will matter though. I think the Jets will eek out a couple more wins and end up in the 8-10 pick range. Kind of a no mans land unfortunately. 

20 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

Wouldn't hate it.... But this is an incredibly deep OL draft class.... I would rather draft Jerry Jeudy and then nothing but OL after... 

Wouldn't be surprised if we draft T Austin Jackson if we are top 5.

I honestly think the ideal situation is to  be in the top 3 and in a position to trade down just a few spots but grab an extra 3rd and 4th this year and another 2nd and 6th next year.  If we do that definitely take Jeudy as long as we are still in the top 8 and grab the OL guys in rds 2 and 3

Thomas would be a cornerstone much in the same way Brick and Mangild were. I don't  think Darnold is bad, he's  just in a bad situation.  He will make the WR he plays with look good. 

31 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Thomas would be a cornerstone much in the same way Brick and Mangild were. I don't  think Darnold is bad, he's  just in a bad situation.  He will make the WR he plays with look good. 

I don't think Darnold is bad.  I truly believe he is a franchise guy.   I just think Jeudy is that good of a WR and the talent level at OL this year is deep move value in Jeudy when you can get a Thomas clone in RD 2 this year.  If the OL wasn't as deep as it is this year. I'd agree with you 100%.  Bottom line is I would be happy if it was Jeudy or Thomas.  

• Upvote 1

The scariest thought is a 5-11 season...the Dolphins, Skins and Bengals present us with 4 very winnable games.  The Jets should be in full tank mode now and the #1 goal should be to lose very game for the remainder of the season.  Better to sit Sam because he's going to learn more on the bench than in a game with our OL and "weapons".  A 5-11 season takes us out of the Chase Young sweepstakes and IMHO Young is the only non-QB worth a top 5 pick.  Jeudy looks great, but he's smallish and coming from an elite program and has more bust potential than Young.  I'm also not a fan of selecting an OT in the top 5. 

• Sympathy 1