Jamal Clip

SR24

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I partly agree with this. I directed my disgust at the person who actually called the shots. however as a player playing his position, Jamal Adams has been one of the best at his position, which means that he's not overrated. The overrated part comes from his draft class. It IS about Watson and Mahomes, because it cannot be about his ability as a Strong Safety.

The problem is he cant get out of the shadow of a sh*tty regime that was supposed to be better than Idzik but ended up being worse, as well as being the Strong Safety drafted before the football version of Michael Jordan and Lebron James. 

That's going to follow his career, but hopefully it doesnt follow Macc's career because he should no longer have one in the NFL to follow. 

I think we agree mostly and we’ve long held that if Jamal Adams was a second or third round pick, we’d all be pumped up to have him. Unfortunately, heavy is the head that wears the crown and Jamal was the sixth overall pick and he hasn’t been nearly worth that investment, even with the Pro Bowls and the All-Pro status.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

Sounds like Jamal wanted out way before this incident.

Didn't want to look like he was the one who wanted out.

Now he has his excuse.

Certainly possible Totally manufactured. I think he backs off when this doesn't land

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think we agree mostly and we’ve long held that if Jamal Adams was a second or third round pick, we’d all be pumped up to have him. Unfortunately, heavy is the head that wears the crown and Jamal was the sixth overall pick and he hasn’t been nearly worth that investment, even with the Pro Bowls and the All-Pro status.

Facts, but our GM at the time was getting his big board from Mel Kiper, so what do you expect? ?

• Upvote 1

With apologies to the O.P., may I add in this PS to the letter........by the way, Malhole, if you were even remotely close to the same zip code as Tom Brady or Aaron Donald, you would be an ex Jet today. Call me if you are too stupid to figure that out.

Sincerely, Section 314.

• Upvote 1

This hasn’t been handled well by Douglas. He seem to be a bit of a clown. Adams is a larger than life guy. He’s a good player. The hate here is stupid. The handing of Kelechi Osemele as been a sh*t show. Douglas as earned nothing,

The locker rooms about to go bye bye.

It’s going to get way worse. This guy nails it.

• Thumb Down 2

16 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

FROM THE NY POST ARTICLE:

Jamal Adams tried his best to thread the proverbial needle, repeatedly saying he was excited and happy to still be a Jet yet admitting he remains hurt and upset that his name was the subject of trade talks.

Coach Adam Gase and general manager Joe Douglas tried to speak to the Pro Bowl safety on Wednesday, but Adams declined to have those conversations, feeling he wasn’t ready to clear the air.

Adams’ emotions were still raw.

He sounded betrayed, after telling the two decision-makers he wanted to be a Jet for a long time before Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars. But on Monday, Adams heard from people he trusts that the Jets were shopping him.

“When I heard that, my agent called me and told me what was going on, it definitely hurt me,” Adams said. “I hold myself at a high level. The Rams don’t take calls on Aaron Donald. The Patriots don’t take calls on Tom Brady. That’s where I hold myself.

“When you feel like you’re on the same page and you have a meeting and you’re told something different, it sucks.”

On Tuesday, Douglas said the Jets weren’t shopping Adams, but simply fielding calls.

Adams also said Wednesday the report by ESPN’s Ryan Clark that he wanted to be a Cowboy was accurate, but only when he thought he was going to be traded. Adams is from the Dallas area.

“I would love to go to (the Cowboys),” Adams said. “I am born and raised in Dallas. … Michael Irvin is like my uncle.”

Perhaps Adams winds up there in the offseason. Everything seems on the table right now. Adams was unwilling to say he plans to be a Jet past this year.

“For the future, I don’t know,” he said. “I really don’t. I thought I did, but I don’t know right now.”

Douglas reportedly asked the Cowboys for a first-round pick and two second-rounders. The new general manager believes Adams is “absolutely” part of the long-term future of the franchise, but at the moment it’s not certain if that’s feasible considering the fractured nature of the relationship between the front office and one of its star players.

“I have a lot of goals and aspirations and dreams here in New York,” Adams said. “I was told something and it didn’t happen that way. … For three years, I came here and I’ve done nothing but work my butt off, continue to improve, continue to be a great leader, continue to be a great teammate, and when you see certain things like that, you hear about it, you get calls, you’re in shock a little bit. At the end of the day, it’s a business. I get it. I understand it. I hold myself in a high regard and obviously they don’t feel that way.”

Sounds like his agent and sounds like he was creating his exit strategy....You knew damn well a team would call to see who was available. It was reported team(s) called on Maye too

And he's an idiot..They asked for a 1 and two 2s....that's not holding him in high regard.?  Maybe if he would act like a leader and meet with the GM so Douglas could explain what went down..But he doesn't want to. This has been orchestrated by Adams/agent for weeks..

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

he has realized several things:  1) the jets are not a relevant team and he craves relevancy above all else, 2) the gm who drafted him is gone, and 3) he's not going to get the 2nd contract he craves from the new gm.  

"Stars" on irrelevant teams don't get the same attention. On top of the fact that he was already never going to be the athlete celebrity that he thinks he is because he is a freaking safety. 

was listening to Joe and Evan today, they had an interview with Michael Irvin (who is apparently close with Jamal's dad). He said (paraphrasing) Jamal expected to go to Sanfran, his desire to play for the Jets came after Irvin told him what that city would do for him after foodball. Told him something along the lines of "You could be Strahan when you're done". 

This franchise was never going to be able to offer him the only things he really cares about. 

Adams is a rare breed - dude was all-in on the Jets almost like a fan. Most pro's get it's a business and don't get so emotionally invested in the franchise. They're mostly just there because that's what they're getting paid to do. A lot of people love him for being all-in on the Jets the way he was. Now his feelings are hurt and he looks like a fool putting them on display. He'll learn just like everyone else it's just a business. Damien Woody is on point.

Just now, Mogglez said:

You're out of you're f*cking mind if you think Douglas is the clown here.

Also, little tidbit here, Jamal isn't as liked as you think he is in that locker room.

if anything douglas is showing that he’s the leader who’s going to change the culture with this team while the bandwagon clown adams melts down and shows the world what kind of fraud he really is040AE555-AF6A-4191-9CEB-CD529EE5579E.thumb.jpeg.bbce549cd79f167b0eef719b19475d2e.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Also, little tidbit here, Jamal isn't as liked as you think he is in that locker room.

I think you are probably right. Francesa has been saying this for weeks.....Adams tells anybody who listens that he is good and all the rest of the team sucks. I'd bet that to a man the guys in that room were hoping the Jets sent him packing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think he’s got a point, Douglas hasn’t done sh*t. He’s made some terrible moves and I not going with Jamal is the enemy. 

Just sit back and watch the implosion. Who’s going to play instead of Adams - Rontez Miles?

Tell ya what Jamal.... Increase the number of interceptions you have in your whole career by more than two and then maybe, just MAYBE, you will be treated like Aaron Donald or Tom Brady.  Compare that to the actions of Lev Bell and Robbie Anderson yesterday and, dear Jamal, you have exposed yourself for what you are...... a TOOL... plain and simple.......a TOOL.

Now for the next, oh I don't know, 9 weeks or so STFU and try to play to the caliber that you believe you are. Bet ya can't

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’d have to imagine we can still get at least a first round pick for him. It would prob be from a playoff team so a late first but screw it. I’d take it. 

A 2020 1st rounder for JA today means you get 9 games of JA in 2019. 9 games of JA in 2019 is no longer part of the equation. That's before this drama. He's worth less in April

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think he’s got a point, Douglas hasn’t done sh*t. He’s made some terrible moves and I not going with Jamal is the enemy. 

Just sit back and watch the implosion. Who’s going to play instead of Adams - Rontez Miles?

Douglas hasn't even gotten a chance to even f*cking draft or use cap space yet.  To say he's made terrible moves trying to upgrade the roster with the scraps of waiver cuts is an absolute joke.  Kalil?  Fine.  I'm not gonna hang the guy though for trying to upgrade from Macc's hand-picked center in Harrison in the middle of the summer with zero better options.

Our record at the end of the year would be exactly the same if we played Miles. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Robbie Anderson should have been BEGGING for a trade to the Texans or Eagles. He's a free agent after the season and is being entirely wasted here, but could probably star on one of those teams, and he's happy to still be in this hellhole? Amazing. 

Also, that says something about how the players aren't turning on Gase at all. If they hated Gase, guys like Anderson and LeVeon would have used this opportunity to take a shot at him, but instead they're both all-in. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

douglas has made moves- trading leo for picks, picking up alex lewis, trading for hairston, signing kalil was a desperation play but it was still the right move given the terrible OL depth he inherited

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

I think you are probably right. Francesa has been saying this for weeks.....Adams tells anybody who listens that he is good and all the rest of the team sucks. I'd bet that to a man the guys in that room were hoping the Jets sent him packing.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets players talk about Adams the same way Knicks players used to talk about Carmelo. 

All I will say is that the "we need more dawgs" comment really rubbed the team the wrong way and that guy is what the real Jamal Adams is like.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1