Trent Williams Fails Physical

9 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

He still wont he cut. Hes under contract for another year or 2. Worse case they still trade him just not for as much as they originally wanted.

They can't trade him until after the season now as the deadline passed. I don't know if this is the angle they're taking but they may be using it as a way to void things in his contract to make him cutable. Kind of like we did with Osemele and the Raiders did with AB. Is cutable a word?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Is this like the conditioning test?

If so, maybe it just means they want to give him some crap and make him suffer.  "Nope, sorry, not good enough.  Come on back tomorrow and we'll run some more gassers."

He failed his physical because it hurt when he put his helmet on. Can't make this kind of stuff up, yet many here wanted to trade a first rounder for him. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They can't trade him until after the season now as the deadline passed. I don't know if this is the angle they're taking but they may be using it as a way to void things in his contract to make him cutable. Kind of like we did with Osemele and the Raiders did with AB. Is cutable a word?

The difference is Osemele wasn't worth a bag of chips even when healthy. He was terrible abd got benched. Trent can get in shape and will be traded this offseason. 

• Upvote 1

When I heard he was ending his holdout, and returning to the Redskins, my first reaction was, if I'm them, sitting there with one win, why do I need to pay him however many million he gets now?

Here's my question. When a guy like this decides to return halfway through the season after a holdout, does the team have any other option besides cutting him? Can they just tell him, "no, you sitting out is a big reason we're in this predicament, see you next year..."

Is the failed physical thing always legit, or is it an arbitrary decision each individual team decides whether a player passes or not?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Was he injured before or just sitting out?  If he was just sitting out after he failed to force a trade and decides to come back so he can get paid an wash says, forget it?

Is that the gist of it?

He had some type of growth on his head and that is why he was blaming the Washington staff. Now he says it hurts when he puts a helmet on and failed his physical. Connect the dots.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, RobR said:

He failed his physical because it hurt when he put his helmet on. Can't make this kind of stuff up, yet many here wanted to trade a first rounder for him. 

This is all a ruse because he doesn't want to play for the Skins. He could have tried on a helmet anytime over the last several weeks...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Was he injured before or just sitting out?  If he was just sitting out after he failed to force a trade and decides to come back so he can get paid an wash says, forget it?

Is that the gist of it?

He was misdiagnosed by the Redskins quacks. He had a some sort of growth on his head and the doctors screwed it up. He told the team to either fire the medical staff or he wouldn't play for them. You guys aren't the only team being run by clowns... 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

The only way the NFL will work is if you play players by the snap.  Guaranteed base, plus playing time, injured or not.  Bonus for performance.  

After being abused for years the players have now been weaponized, politicized and corrupted.  The traditional NFL fan base will get frustrated. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, varjet said:

The only way the NFL will work is if you play players by the snap.  Guaranteed base, plus playing time, injured or not.  Bonus for performance.  

After being abused for years the players have now been weaponized, politicized and corrupted.  The traditional NFL fan base will get frustrated. 

Trumaine Johnson is the perfect example. Of course Macc took the bait & now GW has to deal with a guy that gets paid trotting around and feigning sprained ankles after he benched him. Still gets his weekly check. TJ makes approximately 1 million a tackle & we wonder why we suck.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm sure you have some that still do...and will advocate for signing him if he's cut so the Jets can go through another player who doesn't want to play, but wants to be paid.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Great idea. Osemele wasn't  enough. Let's trade for another injured OL so we can have another circus atmosphere  on the team 

Very different situation.

Osmele stunk, got benched.  Williams was still playing at an elite level.  Right now we need linemen - it's our single highest priority.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Yes, he had it removed but the swelling hasn't gone down.

The team is looking to get a new helmet for him.

Umm... then I am relieved we didn't trade for a dude with an unresolved head injury and hope he gets treatment. 

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How about signing one that passes a physical? 

Tell Williams he makes $500k for every game he starts and finishes, and an extra $250K per game that is PFF is greater than XX.   Then give him a bonus for Pro Bowl, All Pro, Playoff appearances, Playoff wins, etc. 

I think you will see that growth suddenly go away.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

Tell Williams he makes $500k for every game he starts and finishes, and an extra $250K per game that is PFF is greater than XX.   Then give him a bonus for Pro Bowl, All Pro, Playoff appearances, Playoff wins, etc. 

Trent Williams played through the same injury Kelechi Osemele had 

a torn labrum in his shoulder requiring season ending surgery

except he didn't get the surgery, 2 years in a row, played hurt about 10 games hurt each year

now he's 30.  

this isn't all about money and it's not about loyalty. The Skins drs are butchers and Trent lost trust in them along the way.  the organization (like the Jets) have no clue about how to win or what it takes

He will probably get traded in the offseason for like a 2nd 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, varjet said:

Everyone's answer is to sign them to a contract that it incentivized.  How often do deals like the one you just described are actually  executed?