We have to crush the Dolphins

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

It seems like Fitz just takes a shot half the time. I saw highlights, and all of his big plays were lobs to Parker, who came down with the ball. Fitz did that a lot when he played for us with Marshall and Decker. Every qb needs receivers who can go up and get these jump balls. Eli lived off it. We need it to for Sam. It seems like more and more, whenever in doubt, just chuck a lob and either you'll get a PI, or your big athletic receiver will go up and get it.

hmm. we see these on hilights. the 50/50 balls that work. nighlight reels dont show THAT many incompletions.

My recollection is more back shoulder throws than lob it up for a 50/50.

And the back shoulder is a timing and ball placement thing.

Most of his TDs didnt require a whole lotta fighting for the ball...

That being said, YES!!!! A bigger bodied guy who can get some 50/50 would be nice.

This season is lost.  Just protect Darnold and lose out so we get the highest draft pick possible.  Draft a LT, WR or EDGE.  

Gase gets a second chance this year, but he needs to improve his offensive staff and strength and conditioning.

If with an improved roster Gase still shows the same issues, give GW the interim HC with a big raise, fire Gase and the Hobbit and have JBC be OC.  

• Upvote 1

win-win; if we win, well; if we loose we draft earlier and they draft later.

I realize that some players have 'quit' on Gase or team, but I doubt that will work in their favor; JD didn't add most of them, and JD will likely not have any issue dumping them - why give him an excuse? Also, a player that is dumped for quitting isn't going to demand big money in FA - how would you like to be dumped from a team that is know as not having any talent? you are either dropped because you couldn't make it on a really bad team or because they have attitude/behavior problems - neither is likely to lock up a good deal...

4 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

You meant to say the jets lost 8 of their last 12 games...Two being to the worst teams in the nfl

The Jets didn't have their first or second string quarterbacks for the first 4 games.  Stricken with mono and with a 104 degree fever, Sam Darnold did enough to beat the Bills in Week 1.

The Jets are down a dozen starters.  The OL in particular is down to 1 starter playing the wrong position.  Our two biggest weapons-  Quincy Enunwa and Chris Herndon, have missed the entire season.  Our biggest defensive investment, CJ Mosely, has missed the entire season.

Despite all these issues with illness and injury, since Darnold's return from mononucleosis the Jets are 4-4 and have won 3 of their last 4 games.  Quite a feat.

The Bills lost to the pathetic Browns with the Bills completely healthy, one of the healthiest teams in the NFL.  The awful Eagles too.  Those are far worse crimes than the injury-riddled Jets losing to the Dolphins and Bengals.  The Bills had no excuse for those duds.  The Bills are the Jets, healthy.  The Bills are the Cowboys, a team that can get fat and happy on the scrubs but can't beat NFL playoff teams.  That's a bit of a problem for a team that thinks its worthy of a playoff berth.

You should worry about RG4 and the 0-3 collapse that's about to ruin your Christmas.  And then the Jets coming to town with a good chance to ruin your New Years.  That's what should be causing you to lose sleep.  Trolling Jets fans whose team is crippled by injury is classless.  About what I'd expect from an upstate cow-tipper.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

This is a game Gase needs to win. You can't lose to this team twice. If the Dolphins come in here and beat us again there's a good chance we lose out, and if we lose out Gase should be fired. 

I know Gase won't be fired regardless, but he should be. I'm trying to be fair but I can't defend another loss to the Dolphins in a completely inept way. 

• Upvote 1

I can't handle getting swept by the Fins the year they're tanking. I want Gase to run the score up if possible - i.e. Onside kicks when you're up by a lot. Coach Gase needs to have that  no mercy killer instinct attitude for this game against the team that fired him. Jets need to blow the Dolphins out. Make Fitzmagic turn back into Sixpatrick.

He won’t. I can second the sentiment concerning getting swept but I just don’t see Gase as someone who game plans for his opponent. It’s more about shoe horning his system into the game.

On sides kick? When we’re up? I would t hold my breath man. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Can we get into the red zone before we start thinking about winning anything ?

34 points in 3 consecutive games and suddenly "the Jets can't get into the red zone" is the narrative?

SOJF.  Only happy when they're miserable.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

He won’t. I can second the sentiment concerning getting swept but I just don’t see Gase as someone who game plans for his opponent. It’s more about shoe horning his system into the game.

On sides kick? When we’re up? I would t hold my breath man. ☹️

Yes, onside kick. I also want to go for it on 4th and short (< 5 yds) anytime we get to or past our 45 yardline.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Yes, onside kick. I also want to go for it on 4th and short (< 5 yds) anytime we get to or past our 45 yardline.

Oh I get it. I'd love to see a fake punt here and there too. My only point was that I don't see it happening. We didn't even have a single run to the outside of a defense that gave up 7 yds per carry on both sides of their D.  Creativity, outside of one double reverse flea flicker is not something I consider our strength. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, varjet said:

This season is lost.  Just protect Darnold and lose out so we get the highest draft pick possible.  Draft a LT, WR or EDGE.  

Gase gets a second chance this year, but he needs to improve his offensive staff and strength and conditioning.

If with an improved roster Gase still shows the same issues, give GW the interim HC with a big raise, fire Gase and the Hobbit and have JBC be OC.  

lol what you re seeing is Gase he had the same issues in Miami and they are here in NY. I highly doubt gase changes because he thinks he is too smart

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2019 at 10:22 AM, playtowinthegame said:

I can't handle getting swept by the Fins the year they're tanking. I want Gase to run the score up if possible - i.e. Onside kicks when you're up by a lot. Coach Gase needs to have that  no mercy killer instinct attitude for this game against the team that fired him. Jets need to blow the Dolphins out. Make Fitzmagic turn back into Sixpatrick.

Animated GIF

34 points in 3 consecutive games and suddenly "the Jets can't get into the red zone" is the narrative?
SOJF.  Only happy when they're miserable.
SAR I

Hmmm. I actually think I’m much happier when I’m happy.
Misery stinks. Unless we’re referring to Stephen King of course.

Serious question for you. What do you make of the 52 passing to 15 running plays against the worst outside risking defense in the league last week? I would legitimately be interested to hear a positive tilt to that fact.

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hmmm. I actually think I’m much happier when I’m happy.
Misery stinks. Unless we’re referring to Stephen King of course. emoji3.png

Serious question for you. What do you make of the 52 passing to 15 running plays against the worst outside risking defense in the league last week? I would legitimately be interested to hear a positive tilt to that fact.

I am very disappointed that we couldn't run on the Bengals.  But I know that we have a lot of smart people on the sidelines and Adam Gase doesn't work in a vacuum and isn't stupid.  Perhaps he and Gregg Williams know something we don't know-  that our tackles can't run block and running outside would only cause losses and an exhausted Bell where he might be able to pop one up the middle.

When our defense gave up huge drives and put us down by 14 points in an eyeblink, well, that changes the gameplan doesn't it?  Down 2 TD's on the road, knowing that Darnold is a Top 5 QB the last month, hell yeah, throw the ball and win it in the air just like you did against the Giants, Redskins, and Raiders.  If we lose to the Bengals in a ground-and-pound game, you'd all be screaming that Gase is an idiot for shutting down one of the NFL's most prolific passing offenses in the past 3 weeks, right?

The Bengals are a different team with Dalton just as the Dolphins are a different team with Fitzpatrick.  They are crafty, veteran QB's who can pick our secondary apart when we've got no pass rush.  We play from behind on the road, decimated by injury, worst OL in the league, it's tough to win.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

On 12/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, BurnleyJet said:

The Jets getting their ass handed to them. To much revenge vibe in the game. The Fins give Gase the finger and Fitzmagic gives the Jets the finger. No Adams, he’s hurt. Our terrible Oline it’s an L. 

Plus Jets are around a 6 Point FAV....that is NEVER a good omen.  This going back decades.  Jets just can’t play as favorites.

Easiest money you’ll ever see in your life is going against the Jets as a ROAD FAV...hey just go back a few days ago in Cincinnati.

• Upvote 1

I am very disappointed that we couldn't run on the Bengals.  But I know that we have a lot of smart people on the sidelines and Adam Gase doesn't work in a vacuum and isn't stupid.  Perhaps he and Gregg Williams know something we don't know-  that our tackles can't run block and running outside would only cause losses and an exhausted Bell where he might be able to pop one up the middle.
When our defense gave up huge drives and put us down by 14 points in an eyeblink, well, that changes the gameplan doesn't it?  Down 2 TD's on the road, knowing that Darnold is a Top 5 QB the last month, hell yeah, throw the ball and win it in the air just like you did against the Giants, Redskins, and Raiders.  If we lose to the Bengals in a ground-and-pound game, you'd all be screaming that Gase is an idiot for shutting down one of the NFL's most prolific passing offenses in the past 3 weeks, right?
The Bengals are a different team with Dalton just as the Dolphins are a different team with Fitzpatrick.  They are crafty, veteran QB's who can pick our secondary apart when we've got no pass rush.  We play from behind on the road, decimated by injury, worst OL in the league, it's tough to win.
SAR I

Hmmm. Thanks for trying. I’ll give you the effort.
Truth is there are many times that I appreciate your positivity. Not that I can always tell whether or not it’s contrived. But it’s a nice counter balance sometimes and I’ll commend it.
But this is an Interesting take on the decision not to run toward the weakness of a defense. I thought about it and
I would agree except that we came out passing. 4 of first 5 plays were passes. The pre scripted first drive of the game included ignoring the glaring weakness of defense.

What’s also interesting is that I’m pretty sure there were more runs in the second half than the first (not 100% there) which would eradicate the theory that we were playing from behind. 15 runs total so it’s not that lopsided either way though.

Anyway, I’m not looking to argue. I wasn’t throwing out bait to try and find a way to fight with you. Just looking for another take so maybe I could see it a different way. Sadly it didn’t help. lol. It’s solid but I just can’t buy it.

I unfortunately saw a game plan that was counter to the smart money. To not even try one play toward the weakness concerns me. I look forward to next weeks game, as I always do, to see if we can bounce back and keep the final chunk of the season somewhat exciting. I’m
Just looking for progress from the kid. I love and believe in him so that’s all I want.

Hey, I’m open anytime you feel like throwing out some positive vibes man. I could use em right about now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hmmm. Thanks for trying. I’ll give you the effort.
Truth is there are many times that I appreciate your positivity. Not that I can always tell whether or not it’s contrived. But it’s a nice counter balance sometimes and I’ll commend it.
But this is an Interesting take on the decision not to run toward the weakness of a defense. I thought about it and
I would agree except that we came out passing. 4 of first 5 plays were passes. The pre scripted first drive of the game included ignoring the glaring weakness of defense.

What’s also interesting is that I’m pretty sure there were more runs in the second half than the first (not 100% there) which would eradicate the theory that we were playing from behind. 15 runs total so it’s not that lopsided either way though.

Anyway, I’m not looking to argue. I wasn’t throwing out bait to try and find a way to fight with you. Just looking for another take so maybe I could see it a different way. Sadly it didn’t help. lol. It’s solid but I just can’t buy it.

I unfortunately saw a game plan that was counter to the smart money. To not even try one play toward the weakness concerns me. I look forward to next weeks game, as I always do, to see if we can bounce back and keep the final chunk of the season somewhat exciting. I’m
Just looking for progress from the kid. I love and believe in him so that’s all I want.

Hey, I’m open anytime you feel like throwing out some positive vibes man. I could use em right about now emoji3.png

Positive vibes are required by all because there are some positive things going on.  Sometimes it takes tragic circumstances and injuries to see who is who and what they really are.  Sam Darnold, cool as a cucumber.  Adam Gase, undistracted and laser focused.  Jamal Adams, schizophrenic.  Gregg Williams, motivational.

As for the Bengals game, let's be real-  we haven't run the ball well all season.  We have thrown the ball very well.  So we decided to play from our strength instead of adapting to another team's supposed weakness.  The real reason we lost?  Andy Dalton was throwing darts and his receivers were making amazing catches.  I believe it's the best QB we've seen all year, no?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 12/3/2019 at 4:22 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Tanking lol. NFL teams don’t tank until like weeks 16-17 if at all.

Players on non-guaranteed contracts are not gonna throw a game.

4 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

The Jets are 1-14 against the Pats and Dolphins since 2016. The Jets are somehow 4-3 vs Buffalo with two road wins during that time frame which is surprising. 

Last win vs Miami was Week 3 2017 when the Jets pass rush got after Jay Cutler. 

The jets are so frickin bad

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets didn't have their first or second string quarterbacks for the first 4 games.  Stricken with mono and with a 104 degree fever, Sam Darnold did enough to beat the Bills in Week 1.

The Jets are down a dozen starters.  The OL in particular is down to 1 starter playing the wrong position.  Our two biggest weapons-  Quincy Enunwa and Chris Herndon, have missed the entire season.  Our biggest defensive investment, CJ Mosely, has missed the entire season.

Despite all these issues with illness and injury, since Darnold's return from mononucleosis the Jets are 4-4 and have won 3 of their last 4 games.  Quite a feat.

The Bills lost to the pathetic Browns with the Bills completely healthy, one of the healthiest teams in the NFL.  The awful Eagles too.  Those are far worse crimes than the injury-riddled Jets losing to the Dolphins and Bengals.  The Bills had no excuse for those duds.  The Bills are the Jets, healthy.  The Bills are the Cowboys, a team that can get fat and happy on the scrubs but can't beat NFL playoff teams.  That's a bit of a problem for a team that thinks its worthy of a playoff berth.

You should worry about RG4 and the 0-3 collapse that's about to ruin your Christmas.  And then the Jets coming to town with a good chance to ruin your New Years.  That's what should be causing you to lose sleep.  Trolling Jets fans whose team is crippled by injury is classless.  About what I'd expect from an upstate cow-tipper.

SAR I

You adjust for the Opening Day mono loss that 99% of teams win..

Sam Darnold is 5-4, playing on a team with one of the weakest rosters in the league, especially his OL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1