Joe Benigno loses it and kicks Jets' beat reporter @BrianCoz off of his show

5 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Then he blamed the media for McCarthy not getting a HC job anywhere. But did not provide any real back up to that. No facts. Nothing. Gimme a break. 

To be fair, some people blame Mehta for Doug Marrone not getting hired here so it's not out of left field to blame a reporter (though I've always said that's absurd - the owners should decide regardless of what the media says).  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Great job by Benigno, cut that hack "reporter" right off his show.  Hope he never is invited back.

Virtually all of the Jet beat reporters just carry water for the Jet Owners, they might as well be employees of the Jets.

McCarthy should have been named coach.  I don't care about the calls that the "game has passed him by" (Green Bay had had some awful drafts that left the team without a Defense), McCarthy built Aaron Rodgers from "the ground up", totally changed his mechanics until they were perfection.

Gase's virtual only "success" in the league is being a coach on a squad that had a very finished product in Peyton Manning on it.

Who can honestly say that they would rather have Gase coach up Darnold over McCarthy?  And that is what this time is all about, but it is moving quickly, Darnold is almost in Year 3.

but he's only 22 years old 

/s

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To be fair, some people blame Mehta for Doug Marrone not getting hired here so it's not out of left field to blame a reporter (though I've always said that's absurd - the owners should decide regardless of what the media says).  

But if Joe is gonna scream that the media is the reason Mike McCarthy doesn’t have a job- give me some facts. That kind of statement without backing it up with facts makes him look like a moron who’s just making crap up. 
I actually like Joe and Evans show but that segment was atrocious. An embarrassment. Joe sounded like a whiny little b1tch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, KINGDIRK said:

But if Joe is gonna scream that the media is the reason Mike McCarthy doesn’t have a job- give me some facts. That kind of statement without backing it up with facts makes him look like a moron who’s just making crap up. 
I actually like Joe and Evans show but that segment was atrocious. An embarrassment. Joe sounded like a whiny little b1tch. 

I agree.  Joe must be in an especially bad mood this week.  He also sort of blew up at Jon Heyman.

8 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I am not a huge Gase fan but I heard the entire segment. Joe sounded so unintelligent. At one point he kept “Stop it with the roster, I don’t want to hear about the roster”. Someone needs to clue this bozo in that our roster is terrible. 

Then he yelled about how the team would be better off with Mike McCarthy. Really, prove it? Show me. Oh wait, he can’t. So why was he screaming about it. 

Then he blamed the media for McCarthy not getting a HC job anywhere. But did not provide any real back up to that. No facts. Nothing. Gimme a break. 

Forget the "team".  The most important thing right now is coaching up Darnold.  No one can win with this "team" as it stands right now.

Our favorite team does NOT have a roster with many professional players on it.  Courtesy of Mike Maccagnan.  Belichick couldn't win with this roster.  Though you would see way less games lost by 10+ points, an "Adam Gase Special".

I'm not even asking for good or great just somewhat competent.  You know an OL that can pick up a stunt move once in a blue moon.

McCarthy wanted the job to explicitly coach Darnold.  Maybe now he wants to take some time off.  I would hire him over Gase tomorrow if I could.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Forget the "team".  The most important thing right now is coaching up Darnold.  No one can win with this "team" as it stands right now.

Our favorite team does NOT have a roster with many professional players on it.  Courtesy of Mike Maccagnan.  Belichick couldn't win with this roster.  Though you would see way less games lost by 10+ points, an "Adam Gase Special".

I'm not even asking for good or great just somewhat competent.  You know an OL that can pick up a stunt move once in a blue moon.

McCarthy wanted the job to explicitly coach Darnold.  Maybe now he wants to take some time off.  I would hire him over Gase tomorrow if I could.

There was a longer convo that isn't part of that link.  Costello said he doesn't think Mike McCarthy (who Joe wanted) would've had a better record than Gase. 

However, isn't that ignoring the job that Brian Flores is doing in Miami?  They have less talent than us and have traded away key players but they've got 3 wins (including 1 over us) and we'll see what happens against them Sunday.  Basically the idea is that a better HC would've done more with this team.  I agree with that.  All things considered, Gase has done a very poor job this year.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

I am not a huge Gase fan but I heard the entire segment. Joe sounded so unintelligent. At one point he kept “Stop it with the roster, I don’t want to hear about the roster”. Someone needs to clue this bozo in that our roster is terrible. 

Then he yelled about how the team would be better off with Mike McCarthy. Really, prove it? Show me. Oh wait, he can’t. So why was he screaming about it. 

I heard it driving into work ...Benigno is a clown , his next sentence after “ stop it with the roster “ was “ the drafts have stunk for 10 years “.....literally a walking contradiction. Oh and he also said they should have never fired Rex..he lost me right there . 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 3

20 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I used to love Benigno and his wife Terry LOL!

But seriously.. these days he is an uninformed mountain of misinformation. He certainly does not represent ME as a Jets fan.

A few years ago Joe started throwing out names of players and was clueless to whether or not we drafted them or they were free agents or we traded for them. He's half a Jets fan these days. 

Your career has been absolutely Stellar bro!!!  Now it's time to retire...please.

You’re probably right. It’s time.

I’d like it if he could have, say a twenty minute spot each Monday following Jets games though?

Unlike Francesca, it’s going to be sad to see Benigno finally go. I think we’re going to miss him.

Beningo is a joke.  The suits see a loss, and it's "queue the angry Jets fan!" and off he goes, repeating the same "I'm gonna die bro..." shtick he's been doing since Rex Ryan left town.  He doesn't know the names of half the players.  And that Evan faker just plays along.  It's an act.  A really bad one.

Today's fakery is simple-  he's a candidate to take over for Mike Francesa whose last day was today (what a coincidence) so here he is, trying to get buzz.  He's a clown.  I don't listen to him anymore, been that way for years.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

You’re probably right. It’s time.

I’d like it if he could have, say a twenty minute spot each Monday following Jets games though?

Unlike Francesca, it’s going to be sad to see Benigno finally go. I think we’re going to miss him.

I actually still like the fat man and I'm sorry to see him go. Benigno is just stale but that's just my opinion. Maybe they should come back from time to time as guest managers or something like the WWE Universe!? LOL

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know why everyone is so worried that Benigno doesn't represent them.  I don't care about any of that.  I just get a kick out of listening to him because he's really passionate about the team and I don't think it's an act.  I think he's over-the-top sometimes (like this one) but isn't he on a station called "The Fan"?  

Btw, does Jerome From Manhattan represent all Yankee and Knicks fans?

Cuz Benigno is a same old Jets fan Debbie Downer type. Never is there any optimism, hope, reasonable thought, or acceptance that it's a football game and there's an ebb and flow.

He just wants to pounce and talk smack and be right. I guess he's a season ticket holder but he can't name half the players or how we got them!? LOL. Sounds more like a half a fan to me.

Also he never and I mean never, talks X's and O's at all!? Does he even know anything about football? Yes he kicks and screams about Bell's contract and how come "Gaze" isn't running the ball more!? But he wants to know what round we drafted Poole in... cuz according to Benigno this guy is clueless just like the owner. SMH

Evan is pretty good ..I'd like to see him teamed with Bart Scott but I heard Bart's leaving for Espn.. I also like that Robby Sabo dude.. at least for his insight on the actual plays of the game.

At one point I heard Joe blame a player for something who hadn't played in 4 weeks cuz he's injured.. like a clueless guest at a Super Bowl party who doesn't watch football. Just STFU! Lol

• Sympathy 2

When has any NFL team with terrible roster ever made the playoffs unless they play in a division like the NFC East this year? Tell me tha BRO. 

Joe Douglas has a 6 year contract. He hasn't had one chance yet to build a roster other than picking off the scrap heap after free agency & the draft he was not involved with was over. 

He admits the drafts have been horrible, then he says, "Don't tell me about the roster". Getting rid of Tanny & Rex was a mistake? Come on BRO. 

Id love to take Joe on in a one on one, someone here said he's like the guy that shows up to the Super Bowl & knows nothing about the teams or the players. He did this shtick after every loss after midnight for years. You could just grab an old tape from WFAN & it would sound exactly the same. 

We all get the frustration, but until JD gets a chance to put his stamp on the team & fill these really important positions that we are so weak in, Oline, Pass rush, CB, and some dynamic WRs, we're just spinning our wheels anyway with a few wins here & there. I want to win a Championship, and anyone that thought that could happen this year is brain dead. Sure, the Jets have never really had rebuilds, I've said that for years, the GMs could never keep themselves from making those one or two huge free agent moves that don't move the needle (Revis, Trumaine Johnson, Le'veon Bell). 

Joe Douglas needs to be a salesman. Macc went after 2 free agent centers & neither wanted to be a Jet, he went after a Guard, Norwell who said no thanks. Forget who's out there for us, JD has to convince them this can be a winning organization if they are a part of it. He has to convince young free agents he's not a moron like the past GMs running the NY Jets. And that may be his best asset. Joe needs to convince everyone that he knows what he's doing & how to construct a winning roster. 

You can see all kinds of shiny free agents, but to get the youngest ones with tread on the tire you have to recruit them. Jets have never had a problem getting older mercenaries looking for their final contracts. 

Well, I agree they should have never fired Rex. Rex is a superior HC to the ass clowns Bowles and Gase. If we still had Rex we would NOT have winning records because the roster is so bad, but overall the players would be much better coached.

People seem to forget, what made Rex Ryan into a HC candidate? His proficiency with the defense, right? Well, HOW did he become proficient? He needed TALENT. He had a never-ending stream of talent rolling through the doors every year because the Ravens front office did a great job drafting. 

THAT'S WHAT REX NEEDED HERE.

Instead, he had a bunch of hacks that didn't know talent apart from their ASS. Give me Joe Douglas and REX RYAN together and I'll show you a SUCCESSFUL front office. One that always seems to remain relevant and actually has won the SB.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, I agree they should have never fired Rex. Rex is a superior HC to the ass clowns Bowles and Gase. If we still had Rex we would NOT have winning records because the roster is so bad, but overall the players would be much better coached.

People seem to forget, what made Rex Ryan into a HC candidate? His proficiency with the defense, right? Well, HOW did he become proficient? He needed TALENT. He had a never-ending stream of talent rolling through the doors every year because the Ravens front office did a great job drafting. 

THAT'S WHAT REX NEEDED HERE.

Instead, he had a bunch of hacks that didn't know talent apart from their ASS. Give me Joe Douglas and REX RYAN together and I'll show you a SUCCESSFUL front office. One that always seems to remain relevant and actually has won the SB.

The jets are 18-43 since firing Rex

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase isn’t a good coach and it’s obvious to anyone paying attention.  

CJ should have know better. 

Haha. What gives you the impression that CJ knows his head from his own ass, let alone ANYTHING football related? I completely get what you are saying but this is like hoping for Mac to not ruin a draft or the Patriots not to cheat. It’s just not possible. 

• Upvote 2