Q Williams

GumboBoat

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

Joe douglas, you done f'cked up son.  STRIKE ONE!

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

Hoping it's not too late.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That was a fellow CAA guy doing another a favor. No one was offering sh*t for Williams. Jets are trying to cut bait and they should- considering their dline is the best unit on the roster...and well, he looked lost this year.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

If you got a late first, early 2nd would you trade him?

No, he is talented and I would give him another year with an off-season of nfl training.   But if someone were to offer at top 15 pick or a mid 1st and another mid round pick I would seriously consider it.

• Sympathy 1

I'll say it here now and everyone can call back to this thread/ post in the future when we're talking about it if you'd like. I was a solo artist last year when I was talking similarly about Nathan Shepherd. I like his trajectory even more this year. 

1. Quinnen Williams career is not over no matter how much we complain about it. 

2. This season does not say a single thing about how much potential he has. It just states that he had a disappointing rookie year.  That's about it. 

3. He will not be traded. There is no blockbuster deal. 

4.  He will have a full NFL offseason and benefit greatly from playing within the same Defensive system for a second consecutive season. 

5. Everyone will be talking about how great he is next year and the pendulum will swing all the way to comparing him to the all time greats at the position or at minimum the best in the league.

You heard it here first, unless I was ninja'd of course.  I'm on record.

To be clear, I never wanted him OR Ed Oliver.  :)    

16 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

No, he is talented and I would give him another year with an off-season of nfl training.   But if someone were to offer at top 15 pick or a mid 1st and another mid round pick I would seriously consider it.

The only one dumb enough to even think of doing this is the moron who drafted him last year and is now currently unemployed because of it.

Just for fun...,Go find old posts from last year after the Jets beat the Bills in a meaningless late season game. “A comeback win for Darnold is better than a loss and improved draft spot!!”

Reality: If Eli McG. gets tackled on 4th and goal Nick Bosa is on this team - not Q Williams. 

• Upvote 3