The "We're Stuck With Adam Gase... And That's OK?" Thread

I'll admit it...

I'm feeling a little bit jealous right now...

All the other kids are opening up brand new, shiny Christmas toys (Rivera, Rhule, McCarthy, Judge, etc), and we get to play with last year's beat-up yo-yo...

All these new HC's, all the unknown upsides, all the sky-high dreams...

And we have Gase.., have we already seen his ceiling? Is he, and will he forever be,  just a mediocre HC?

Is 6 and 2 against an easy schedule, after a brutal 1 and 7 start, all we have to hang our hats on with this guy?

Feeling green, and not Jet green, but with envy...

• Upvote 9
  • Thumb Down 17
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 2

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Also, Baker Mayfield has nothing under the tree and must be thinking he's on the Naughty List or something.  For what, I have no idea.

baker_mayfield_tackled_1489187161.gif.c2dac5bdf3c46797777e55a571a51cf5.gif

That's actually a live look at Baker running away from the Browns organization. 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Why don't you take your own advice.  You are a hypocrite of the highest order.  

Adam Gase is our head coach.  The leftovers and nobodies that got jobs today aren't any better than our head coach, two of them are definitely worse.

Just another knee-jerk reaction and lame reason for SOJF's to hate themselves.  They should do it quietly.  Cutters, self-mutilation, they should keep it to themselves.

SAR I

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I'll admit it...

All the other kids are opening up brand new, shiny Christmas toys (Rivera, Rhule, McCarthy, Judge, etc), and we get to play with last year's beat-up yo-yo...

And we have Gase.., have we already seen his ceiling? Is he, and will he forever be,  just a mediocre HC?

Is 6 and 2 against an easy schedule, after a brutal 1 and 7 start, all we have to hang our hats on with this guy?

I don’t know why people are neg repping you. I feel the same way but more importantly, I feel this way because I know Gase sucks ass and these are guys we could of had last year instead.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t know why people are neg repping you. I feel the same way but more importantly, I feel this way because I know Gase sucks ass and these are guys we could of had last year instead.

Thanks for the honesty...

Just thought I could share how I was feeling with fellow long suffering Jet fans...

I guess, except for a few exceptions, we're all expected to be mind-numbed Jet shills,  spouting the company line that all is well after another losing season...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is our head coach.  The leftovers and nobodies that got jobs today aren't any better than our head coach, two of them are definitely worse.

Just another knee-jerk reaction and lame reason for SOJF's to hate themselves.  They should do it quietly.  Cutters, self-mutilation, they should keep it to themselves.

SAR I

If anything, these recent hires show how barren the hiring pool actually was. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

If anything, these recent hires show how barren the hiring pool actually was. 

Yea who would want a superbowl winning head coach with a .618 regular season win percentage, 10 playoff wins and developing Aaron Rodgers on their resume? Also, our bumbling idiot of an owner wanted to hire Rhule last year but made a ridiculous demand on him that no coach worth a sh*t would ever accept and so he missed out on him. As if Chris Johnson knows the first thing about what coordinator Rhule should use. jfc

And McCarthy wanted to coach here fcol.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Thanks to AG we have a new GM who Isn't Jerry Jones or Jerry's kids, not Dave Gettleman, not an employee of Dan Snyder or the GM who fired Ron Rivera.  

You have no idea whether your new GM is good at his job or not.

Nobody does, so stop with that nonsense.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yea who would want a superbowl winning head coach with a .618 regular season win percentage, 10 playoff wins and developing Aaron Rodgers on their resume? Also, our bumbling idiot of an owner wanted to hire Rhule last year but made a ridiculous demand on him that no coach worth a sh*t would ever accept and so he missed out on him. As if Chris Johnson knows the first thing about what coordinator Rhule should use. jfc

And McCarthy wanted to coach here fcol.

The Cowboys made a lateral move hiring McCarthy. Let’s see why they hire in three years.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

McCarthy and Rivera arent shiny new toys..they are regiftted presents from your out of touch uncle. 

And Judge is damn sure a gift certificate because someone didnt know what to get you. 

Like that episode of the Office where Creed forgets about Xmas and just gives Jim an old shirt from his closet (except I don’t think they are bad hires)

17 minutes ago, Drums said:

Like that episode of the Office where Creed forgets about Xmas and just gives Jim an old shirt from his closet (except I don’t think they are bad hires)

Legit Creed is the best thing about that show.

Animated GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I'm only jealous of the Panthers right now.
If Rivera was so great he wouldn't have settled for working for Dan Snyder.  No matter how much personnel control he THINKS he has he still will deal with that meddlesome idiot.  

I wanted mccarthy last year and Rhule was warming on me the day before we chose Gase but watching Rhule improve Baylor like he has this season really had me feeling like we missed the boat on what could really be the next fresh face to make serious waves in the league.
Imo the Panthers just got the cream of the crop

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I'll admit it...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Bingo.

The Giants just opened up a shiny new WiFi toy not realizing it's sending data back to China (Foxboro).

The Cowboys just got a VCR.

Also, Baker Mayfield got nothing under the tree and must be thinking he's on the Naughty List or something.  For what, I have no idea.

Dude that guy actually runs like Mayfield...is that really him? Lol

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Bingo.

The Giants just opened up a shiny new WiFi toy not realizing it's sending data back to China (Foxboro).

The Cowboys just got a VCR.

Also, Baker Mayfield got nothing under the tree and must be thinking he's on the Naughty List or something.  For what, I have no idea.

Yup, no red flags there