Colin Cowherd killing the Giants for the Judge hire

"Guys like McCarthy and Rivera didn't even want to talk to the Giants because of Gettleman.  Instead, they're going to the same division to coach the Cowboys and Redskins because they WANT to face the Giants twice per year."

Guys like McCarthy and Rivera just got canned from good organizations both during the season.  They went to work for Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder two of the worst human beings let alone owners in the NFL.  Granted Ross and Johnson would make the top 10 list. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

The giants were already in negotiations with judge yesterday. They cancelled their interview with Rhule because they knew they were hiring Judge

that's what the midgets WANT us to think.  think about it:  WHY would they rush to announce this 1 hr after the Rhule announcement?  they still had interviews lined up.  makes no sense.  they care how they look / how they are perceived and knew they would get slaughtered.

boy, this day just keeps getting better and better!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Gettleman wants a guy he can control, a guy who will be indebted to him for giving him his first Head Coach job.  McDaniels would have been a threat and pushed back on Gettleman basically saying, "I've won multiple Super Bowls, what have you guys won?  

2 against you

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, slowmoe57 said:

Gettleman wants a guy he can control, a guy who will be indebted to him for giving him his first Head Coach job.  McDaniels would have been a threat and pushed back on Gettleman basically saying, "I've won multiple Super Bowls, what have you guys won?  

2 against you

Ha!

100% true....but that wasn't Gettleman running the Giants then.

52 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

The giants were already in negotiations with judge yesterday. They cancelled their interview with Rhule because they knew they were hiring Judge

In a word.....NO. They wanted Rhule but the Panthers would not let him leave without a signed deal. Rhule asked the Giants if they would match ( not exceed) the Panthers offer. Giants declined the 7 year deal and he signed with Panthers.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

2018 Miami Dolphins 7 and 9

2018 New York Jets 4 and 12

2019 Miami Dolphins 5 and 11

2019 New York Jets 7 and 9

Yet everyone is saying Adam Gase is terrible and Brian Flores is amazing. This all has to play out, but writing off Gase when the Jets went 6 and 2 down the stretch isn't giving the guy enough rope imo.

I agree, but my post was not a knock at Gase, but  a response that none of the Belichick tree of coaches have done anything. Miami was not supposed to win a game for 2 years. Not only that, but Flores beating them the last day of the season made them play a WC game and hastened their demise.?

I agree that the reactionary announcement of the hiring makes them look weak.

That said, Tepper went balls to the wall for the Giants first choice. Seriously, I like Rhule but giving a rookie HC with one year of NFL experience as an assistant OL coach a 7 year $60 million deal is bonkers. Tepper made him an offer he couldn't refuse and an offer the Giants wouldn't match.

Frankly, keeping Gettleman feels a lot like the Jets keeping Rex in 2013. The best and brightest didn't want to be saddled with the guy, so we ended up with Idzik and the Giants ended up with a special teams coach from the Pats.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

"Guys like McCarthy and Rivera didn't even want to talk to the Giants because of Gettleman.  Instead, they're going to the same division to coach the Cowboys and Redskins because they WANT to face the Giants twice per year."

Guys like McCarthy and Rivera just got canned from good organizations both during the season.  They went to work for Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder two of the worst human beings let alone owners in the NFL.  Granted Ross and Johnson would make the top 10 list. 

Yeah, but Rivera is a genuinely good guy and decent coach who was fired because Cam is broken. so....ok. 

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

2018 Miami Dolphins 7 and 9

2018 New York Jets 4 and 12

2019 Miami Dolphins 5 and 11

2019 New York Jets 7 and 9

Yet everyone is saying Adam Gase is terrible and Brian Flores is amazing. This all has to play out, but writing off Gase when the Jets went 6 and 2 down the stretch isn't giving the guy enough rope imo.

This post made me think of a nickname for Gase...  He's Adam "7 and 9" Gase!

:-)

Just now, jgb said:

Brah, if you can’t see the house you are in, it is glass.

I think you should try to enjoy being a football fan more. 

We all know the Jets are a bad franchise. 

There's no reason not to enjoy the Giants actually being worse than us over the last 7 years. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think you should try to enjoy being a football fan more. 

We all know the Jets are a bad franchise. 

There's no reason not to enjoy the Giants actually being worse than us over the last 7 years. 

I enjoy football immensely and haven’t been disappointed with the Jets in 21 years. I’ll stick with my highly enjoyable method thanks.

And being happy that our lowest-quartile team is not as bad as another lower-quartile team? Sorry, I need more than that to get personally invested in the Jets, again.

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

I enjoy football immensely and haven’t been disappointed with the Jets in 21 years. I’ll stick with my highly enjoyable method thanks.

And I'll continue to mock the Giants for somehow sucking more than us and not worry about the invisible "glass house" that I apparently occupy. 

Thanks. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

And I'll continue to mock the Giants for somehow sucking more than us and not worry about the invisible "glass house" that I apparently occupy. 

Thanks. 

Cool enjoy being happy that our bottom 5 team is slightly less embarrassing than another bottom 5 team. Wake me up when we aren’t a joke. Don’t care about any other franchise.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Cool enjoy being happy that our bottom 5 team is slightly less embarrassing than another bottom 5 team. Wake me up when we aren’t a joke. Don’t care about any other franchise.

BTW, there were 10 teams with a worse record than our "bottom 5" team.