Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Using the Vetted argument is crazy Crush. At the time a Vig is Vetted there is no longer a reason to protect since his shot is gone. You either believe a Vig claim or you don't . Unless of course you have a way to Vett a claimed Vig before he shoots which is impossible. Can't base an argument on that now can you ? 

Why are we assuming that the Vig has only 1 shot? I thought it was likely to see multiple shots?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Right now I'm suspicious of the quiet people.   But I suspect they are a noob like me.   Who are the noobs in this game besides me?  

1.  @CTM-old vet

2.  @The Crusher-old vet

3.  @BrickTamland-newer vet

4.  @Stark-has played but hardly a vet

5.  @GATA-newer vet

6.  @Spoot-Face-vet

7.  @SR24-newb

8.  @Drums-noob

9.  @JustEndTheSuffering-noob

10.  @Verbal-old vet

11.  @BUM-KNEE-noob

12.  @jvill 51-noob

13.  @pdxgreennoob

14.  @kdels62-newb

15.  @JiF-old vet

16.  @32EBoozer-newb

17.  @Beaver-newb

18. @Smashmouth-old vet

19. @Jetscode1-old vet

20. @ID.-noob

Forgot who JVOR replaced but JVOR is an Old Vet. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JiF said:

Apparently there are multiple shots in this game, it's an 80 game which makes me think they're probably even more, so this odds the Doc is fine talk is gross.  The reason I'm so stuck on it is, if a noob is the Doc, they should know that it's risky and probably not worth protecting the guy begging for protection. 

They should know it's risky, yes.  They should also know how WIFOM works and how it can be used to outwit the scum team....or in some cases, outwit themselves, which is obviously always a possibility.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Apparently there are multiple shots in this game, it's an 80 game which makes me think they're probably even more, so this odds the Doc is fine talk is gross.  The reason I'm so stuck on it is, if a noob is the Doc, they should know that it's risky and probably not worth protecting the guy begging for protection. 

JIF in all fairness verbal never begged for protection (he suggested it) nor did he push the issue when you questioned him ...I think you're getting a little tunnel vision here

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Apparently there are multiple shots in this game, it's an 80 game which makes me think they're probably even more, so this odds the Doc is fine talk is gross.

I mean, this is just an assumption on your part. I was assuming this game would be more vanilla, for the benefit of all the noobies. I wouldn't expect more than 2 shots a night. But, sure, playing devil's advocate, if this happens to be a shot-happy setup, than self-protection would be best. I just wasn't even thinking of that.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

The reason I'm so stuck on it is, if a noob is the Doc, they should know that it's risky and probably not worth protecting the guy begging for protection. 

Fair point, and I think it's one you've sufficiently made.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Help me understand what I could possibly be spinning or narrative I'm trying to create.  I'm using quotes, from a poster, to develop a very simple case.  I dont like Verb's reveal.  I dont like how he tried to legitimize his role with 80. I dont like that he immediately started (and still is) asking for protection.  WIFOM or not, he's directing the Doc.  It's gross. 

There is literally nothing for me to spin.  I'm stating facts based on posts that I've quoted.  

Spoot and Smash joined it, they both pinged.  I voted Spoot with zero votes on him.  I'm not trying to do anything other than find scum. 

you are the type of player that will build reasons into your posts for later in game as scum, so that you can refer back later as "ah ha" " i knew i saw this earlier" batman forever. I am not saying what verb did by claiming didn't get my attention or that i agree with it. I said i could see why he might get panicky at L-3 and do that. 

I don't trust a thing either of you are saying. you have a more consistent/agreeable rational right now, to me. I am watching how this is playing out, and it still is. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Protecting him is not the right play. Town vig can be vetted. They can also be as dangerous to town as they can scum. 

It might not be the right play, but if Verbal is telling the truth the scum now know that and it's better for everyone for scum to have to at least consider the possibility the doc would protect him. Assuming for argument's sake that Verbal is telling the truth, the worst possible scenario is that the scum know for certain that the doc won't protect Verbal and they get a clear shot on him. So to me, it's more suspicious for someone to try and lock the doc into a decision. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF in all fairness verbal never begged for protection (he suggested it) nor did he push the issue when you questioned him ...I think you're getting a little tunnel vision here

Eh. Devil's advocate here: Mentioning multiple times that he could be protected could be seen as a subtle way of trying to manipulate the Doc into protecting him. But I agree that Jif is going particularly hard after Verb.

9 minutes ago, Verbal said:

There's something wrong with you.  I pointed out how that wasn't the case, very clearly.  You are either purposely ignoring posts or you really are just incapable of seeing outside of the tunnel you've created.

As for the WIFOM, you're right.  You might think it's gross, but I disagree.  The murkier the situation is for the scum team, the more difficult their decision on who to shoot is, and the better chance we have at a town-positive result.

Sometimes I wonder if there's some filter on your computer that changes every post you read into something else - that would certainly explain your reading comprehension issues.

I wish you luck.

You listed 2 reason why 80 gave you a gun.  You said he was laughing while you were sobbing in your pillow.  For ****s sake man, you typed this sh*t, not me.  Why say any of that garbage if you werent trying to sell your reveal? 

Just shut up already.  What's done is done.  You're not going to spin your way out of this.   You tied to legitimize your reveal by using 80.  Fact. 

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

It might not be the right play, but if Verbal is telling the truth the scum now know that and it's better for everyone for scum to have to at least consider the possibility the doc would protect him. Assuming for argument's sake that Verbal is telling the truth, the worst possible scenario is that the scum know for certain that the doc won't protect Verbal and they get a clear shot on him. So to me, it's more suspicious for someone to try and lock the doc into a decision. 

^^Good post.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

if the scum team has some vets on it they would know that a free shooting Vig is actually more of a risk to town than scum early simply because there a are more of them. Bottom line is if Verb is the vig he needs to shoot from a board consensus or be lynched.  Vig becomes more dangerous to scum as the number of town dwindles. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You listed 2 reason why 80 gave you a gun.  You said he was laughing while you were sobbing in your pillow.  For ****s sake man, you typed this sh*t, not me.  Why say any of that garbage if you werent trying to sell your reveal? 

Just shut up already.  What's done is done.  You're not going to spin your way out of this.   You tied to legitimize your reveal by using 80.  Fact. 

Jesus Christ, I think you are the only one taking that part seriously. It was obviously a joke at their long-running gag of shooting at each other.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He's asked for protection multiple times.  He's pleading for it.  It's clear to see.  Not sure why you're defending this but it's obvious.

I'm voting Spoot, so how do I have tunnel vision? 

What are you doing other than defending Verb? 

7 hours ago, Verbal said:

Yeah well, how about this, dickwad - I'm a vigilante.  If you don't want this bullet in between your eyes, unvote me and let's try to lynch scum instead.

To everybody else - I'm a town vigilante.  I knew 2 things when 80 sent me my role PM:

1.  He'd get a laugh that I have a gun and he's not in the game for me to shoot. (bastard)

2.  I'd have to reveal D1 with this many new players as the vets would rely on the meme lynch of me as my normal other option for D1 meme lynch (80) is not playing.

So lots of laughs for 80 and some sobbing into my pillow for me.  Don't lynch a town PR.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here is Verbs post that has generated a short novel of discussion.

just for reference 

tl;dr

Let scum be forced to NK me.  Doc can choose to either self protect or play mind games with scum and protect me as I'm not going to shoot wildly into the crowd on N1 and possibly hit a townie.  I'll wait until I have a good suspect pool before I shoot.

this was verbals next post i believe

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

you are the type of player that will build reasons into your posts for later in game as scum, so that you can refer back later as "ah ha" " i knew i saw this earlier" batman forever. I am not saying what verb did by claiming didn't get my attention or that i agree with it. I said i could see why he might get panicky at L-3 and do that. 

I don't trust a thing either of you are saying. you have a more consistent/agreeable rational right now, to me. I am watching how this is playing out, and it still is. 

Fair, though, the timing of his reveal isnt what I'm questioning.  I wouldnt have done it there but that's not my issue, my issue was how he he did it and the following multiple pleads to the Doc.

Just now, JiF said:

Fair, though, the timing of his reveal isnt what I'm questioning.  I wouldnt have done it there but that's not my issue, my issue was how he he did it and the following multiple pleads to the Doc.

I agree with you on the timing... i wouldn't have either. I will go back and look at his following posts and see if i just comprehended them differently.

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Jesus Christ, I think you are the only one taking that part seriously. It was obviously a joke at their long-running gag of shooting at each other.

Similar to his plead for the Doc protect, that was pleading to the town.  Check my reveal, it's real because it's funny because 80 blah blah blah.  Meaning, he tried to use the mod to legitimize his reveal.  This isnt rocket science.  There was nothing funny about those points and the noobs wouldnt even get the reference. 

Yeah well, how about this, dickwad - I'm a vigilante.  If you don't want this bullet in between your eyes, unvote me and let's try to lynch scum instead.

To everybody else - I'm a town vigilante.  I knew 2 things when 80 sent me my role PM:

1.  He'd get a laugh that I have a gun and he's not in the game for me to shoot. (bastard)

2.  I'd have to reveal D1 with this many new players as the vets would rely on the meme lynch of me as my normal other option for D1 meme lynch (80) is not playing.

So lots of laughs for 80 and some sobbing into my pillow for me.  Don't lynch a town PR.

@Spoot-Face yeah I think I assumed verb had one shot when he said "this Bullet" also the fact he hinted at protection . I think if he had multiple shots he would have pushed harder on Doc protection angle and he didn't. This stuck in my head and I went with it. I also read his back and forth with Gata and I think the Doc should probably go back and read all this stuff before making a decision on how to proceed regardless of the current argument.

I firmly believe Verbal is telling the truth in his reveal because if hes lying hes opening himself up to get shot by a possible real Vig and if hes scum revealing Vig would have been a terribly stupid play and verbal is not terribly stupid. If you are scum and put yourself in harms way you do it to take out a power role not just to save your ass from being lynched

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

@Spoot-Face yeah I think I assumed verb had one shot when he said "this Bullet" also the fact he hinted at protection . I think if he had multiple shots he would have pushed harder on Doc protection angle and he didn't. This stuck in my head and I went with it. I also read his back and forth with Gata and I think the Doc should probably go back and read all this stuff before making a decision on how to proceed regardless of the current argument.

I firmly believe Verbal is telling the truth in his reveal because if hes lying hes opening himself up to get shot by a possible real Vig and if hes scum revealing Vig would have been a terribly stupid play and verbal is not terribly stupid. If you are scum and put yourself in harms way you do it to take out a power role not just to save your ass from being lynched

This a good post from Smash.