• Sammy Watkins - 1st round
  • DeMarcus Robinson - 4th round
  • Travis Kelce - 3rd round
  • Eric Fisher - 1st round
  • Martinas Rankin - 3rd round
  • Austin Reiter - 7th round
  • Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - 6th round
  • Mitchell Schwartz - 2nd round

The OL is made up of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and late rounders.  WR are a mix of early and later round picks.  RB not premium picks.  It can be done.  Douglas has a lot of work to do but it's there for the taking.  

• Upvote 1

Chiefs did a great job for sure but you can’t intentionally try to mimic another team because it tends to backfire.  We just have to make smart decisions.  We have some good pieces in place but the OL is the main priority.  Even in the Super Bowl when you can see how important protection is.  When the 49ers were pressuring Mahomes he was a completely different QB.  So that the top priority.  This draft also is pretty deep in WR so with a bit of luck and smart decision making you can get a good weapon for Sam.  We have to make a decision on Bell who was disappointing.  It wasn’t all his fault obviously since the OL sucked and Gase really didn’t use him effectively.  But we gotta decide if he will bounce back and Gase will use him correctly.  Like I said before one good offseason changes everything.  It’s a shame we had so many injuries last year because it would have been a much different season but nothing we can do about that now.  I think we are in for some good times ahead. Let’s Go Jets!!!

imo, the team to mimic are the niners.  the chiefs have that wunderkind at qb plus decent offensive players.  the rest of the team isn't that great.  the niners are way more balanced and  have both a good offense and defense.   also the niners lost that game more than the chiefs winning it.  they easily could've played a rope a dope running game after mahomes 2nd int and run the clock out.  they didn't.  and then they had t have garapollo win it for them which he was incapable of doing.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo, the team to mimic are the niners.  the chiefs have that wunderkind at qb plus decent offensive players.  the rest of the team isn't that great.  the niners are way more balanced and  have both a good offense and defense.   also the niners lost that game more than the chiefs winning it.  they easily could've played a rope a dope running game after mahomes 2nd int and run the clock out.  they didn't.  and then they had t have garapollo win it for them which he was incapable of doing.

I'd say that the Chiefs offensive players are considerably better than "decent," but I do agree that the 49ers are a more realistic team to model. 

Mahomes is a generational talent. 

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every time a team wins a SB there's someone creating a thread on how to mimic that team.  

It gets old.  

Correct. 

A lot of different formulas have resulted in a SB title. 

Great defense/power running game (e.g. 2000 Ravens), explosive/high flying passing game (1999 Rams), jack of all trades team (most NE titles), etc. 

Let's start by drafting a some really good players at impact positions (OT, OG, WR, OLB, CB) and take it from there. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Correct. 

A lot of different formulas have resulted in a SB title. 

Great defense/power running game (e.g. 2000 Ravens), explosive/high flying passing game (1999 Rams), jack of all trades team (most NE titles), etc. 

Let's start by drafting a some really good players at impact positions (OT, OG, WR, OLB, CB) and take it from there. 

I'm just thankful the Niners didn't win this game.  Then we'd be set up for months of "YOU CAN WIN BY RUNNING THE BALL STILL" and disgusting Rex fetish/lust posts.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Sign Conklin and Vaitai, transition tag Anderson, trade a 4th (or a guy like Williamson) for a guy like Ethan Pocic, resign Lewis, draft a LT like Wirfs in the first, and a wr like Jalen Reagor in the 2nd.

Anderson

Wirfs

Lewis

Pocic

Vaitai

Conklin

Herndon

Crowder

Reagor

Darnold

Bell

You should be able to win with that.  Thats as close to the Chiefs as I can get in a year.  Use the 2 3rd rounders on an edge rusher and a corner.

Best offensive coaching mind in the NFL + most talented QB in the NFL (that the Jets passed on) + fastest WR in the NFL + best TE in the NFL.

Before Mahomes, the Chiefs were 12-4 and made the playoffs with Alex Smith.  

I would be trying to replicate the 49ers, or Steelers, or Packers at this stage.  I don't think Darnold brings what Mahomes can bring.  

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'd say that the Chiefs offensive players are considerably better than "decent," but I do agree that the 49ers are a more realistic team to model. 

i'm not saying mahomes isn't a great qb at the moment or won't be in the foreseeable future but i think it depends on what is meant by generational.  just a few weeks ago lamar jackson was a generational talent.  what kind of time span?  if it's 5 years or maybe even 10 then mahomes can be considered generational.  if you go out much longer then there are guys like rodgers, or brees or even brady that fit the bill.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Breakdown of Chief's starting offense:

• Pat Mahommes - 1st round
  • Tyreek Hill - 5th round
  • Damien Williams - UDFA
  • Sammy Watkins - 1st round
  • DeMarcus Robinson - 4th round
  • Travis Kelce - 3rd round
  • Eric Fisher - 1st round
  • Martinas Rankin - 3rd round
  • Austin Reiter - 7th round
  • Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - 6th round
  • Mitchell Schwartz - 2nd round

The OL is made up of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and late rounders.  WR are a mix of early and later round picks.  RB not premium picks.  It can be done.  Douglas has a lot of work to do but it's there for the taking.  

Sammy was brought in as a FA.   You should ranke the starters by how they were aquired.

Still, shows a nice balance of finding talent in all rounds.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm not saying mahomes isn't a great qb at the moment or won't be in the foreseeable future but i think it depends on what is meant by generational.  just a few weeks ago lamar jackson was a generational talent.  what kind of time span?  if it's 5 years or maybe even 10 then mahomes can be considered generational.  if you go out much longer then there are guys like rodgers, or brees or even brady that fit the bill.

I wouldn’t call Mahomes a generational player just yet, but I would double down on the generational talent label.

He is basically the best combination of arm strength, arm speed, accuracy, and mobility that I have seen since . . . ? (Not sure) 

Whether he can sustain his level of excellence for a full career 10-15 year career remains to be seen, but if he stays healthy, I like his chances. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I wouldn’t call Mahomes a generational player just yet, but I would double down on the generational talent label.

He is basically the best combination of arm strength, arm speed, accuracy, and mobility that I have seen since . . . ? (Not sure) 

Whether he can sustain his level of excellence for a full career 10-15 year career remains to be seen, but if he stays healthy, I like his chances. 

I agree he off to a great start, League MVP and Super Bowl Champ and MVP and only 24 years old all within a 36 games career.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

i'd rather have a qb like mahomes instead of a guy like jackson.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

so was goff before he wasnt.

pretty watkins and others dont really matter. Williams for example. What they drafted was mahomes - crazy talent - and Hill who can beat anyone.

BUT

THE LINE THE LINE THE LINE. Untill it is unquestionable good, we sshould be spending 2 of the top three picks we have on OL.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

No, really?  Thanks for stating the obvious.

Wasn't really directing it at you specifically, even though I quoted you.  Lots of posters don't see that being so obvious.  They think we'll just have our pick of Conklin or Anthony Constanzo when March rolls around.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

so was goff before he wasnt.

pretty watkins and others dont really matter. Williams for example. What they drafted was mahomes - crazy talent - and Hill who can beat anyone.

BUT

THE LINE THE LINE THE LINE. Untill it is unquestionable good, we sshould be spending 2 of the top three picks we have on OL.

I’m not sure who thought Goff was a generational talent, but I sure didn’t. Lol

agree on the line. Our line isn’t currently good enough to talk seriously about contending for anything 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not sure who thought Goff was a generational talent, but I sure didn’t. Lol

That word gets tossed around too much.  

I wanted Wentz over Goff but at the time would have been thrilled with either.  Doesn't mean they're "generational" talents.  Elway was a generational talent, and this was seen as true the moment he entered the draft. 

Andrew Luck was probably the next one, though of course that didn't work out so well.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, New York Mick said:

So does watching the Jets lose

Those tie in together.  

The Chiefs are miles ahead of the Jets.  It's like they're playing 2 different games.  Yet there are people out there who think we're always like 2 offseasons away from becoming an upper echelon team like that.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

That word gets tossed around too much.  

I wanted Wentz over Goff but at the time would have been thrilled with either.  Doesn't mean they're "generational" talents.  Elway was a generational talent, and this was seen as true the moment he entered the draft. 

Andrew Luck was probably the next one, though of course that didn't work out so well.  

totally agree.

we are talking about Elway, Marino, possibly Peyton, Luck, and Mahomes.

(possibly Rogers?) 

But Mahomes is probably as physically gifted as anyone I have ever seen. This doesn’t mean his career will live up to that. 

• Upvote 1