Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Damn, the stock market.  Losing some wealth today.  

Amazing how the world has changed in just a couple of weeks.

I'm seriously wondering what things will look like 6 months from now in this country. People are seeing their lives turned upside down.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Your initial post was intended to provide hope?

No.  I am usually trying to find some hint of sliver of light over the horizon.  But since I can only add to the general malaise... that seems to be the norm.  Might as well join in the fun.

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Amazing how the world has changed in just a couple of weeks.

I'm seriously wondering what things will look like 6 months from now in this country. People are seeing their lives turned upside down.

I couldn’t imagine if I was about to retire and was going to cash out my 401k.  It’s worth almost 40% less than it was 4 months ago.  It’s getting ugly.  

If the Jets miss out on Conklin, then in addition to landing an interior OL like Glasgow, they need to bring in a RT like Bulaga and either bring back Beachum or sign someone like Peters.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Douglas gets on the phone to Washington about Trent Williams either.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I always figured that their interest in Conklin was a bit of a ruse. This shows it. But I tell you, Jets fans are losing their sh*t already

I see zero evidence of this, the vast majorly of jets fans were realistic re the oline bit.  You are inventing things again.

• Upvote 2

Just now, sec101row23 said:

I couldn’t imagine if I was about to retire and was going to cash out my 401k.  It’s worth almost 40% less than it was 4 months ago.  It’s getting ugly.  

A lot of my friends are in the exact spot you're talking about as far as retiring. 

In less than a month, people have been forced to rethink plans about when to retire, and plans for relocation.

The ones my heart breaks for though are those who own a business like a bar or restaurant and the people who work in those fields. I can't imagine what they're going through right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Get used to uneventful boring FA periods under Douglas folks.  His belief in building through the draft is not smoke and mirrors/GM speak.

Maybe a splash here and there, but don't expect Macc levels of spending.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

A lot of my friends are in the exact spot you're talking about as far as retiring. 

In less than a month, people have been forced to rethink plans about when to retire, and plans for relocation.

The ones my heart breaks for though are those who own a business like a bar or restaurant and the people who work in those fields. I can't imagine what they're going through right now. 

We are about to go into a pretty costly lockdown in the next week or so.  I can’t see many businesses that will be open for the foreseeable future.  The loss of income for families is going to be a huge burden.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who makes money, doesnt stay on the field and who Robby has outperformed the past two seasons.

Why

I really like Robby but to pay him $12-15 Million a year is too much. I'm not saying I want the Jets to get Jeffrey. I just see JD exploring that route cause of his ties with the Eagles.