Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

Overpaying on day 1 of FA is rarely a good idea. Douglas hasn't been sucked into that, but now he needs to come back with a strong performance on his 2nd tier targets.

I still like Peters for LT, Van Roten at G, and McGovern at C.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Overpaying on day 1 of FA is rarely a good idea. Douglas hasn't been sucked into that, but now he needs to come back with a strong performance on his 2nd tier targets.

yeaaaaaaaaaa but here's the thing... none of the good FAs are available later. 

It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Sign Peters to a one year deal and draft Becton or Wills 

• Upvote 1

Just now, LockeJET said:

Its not $$$ related. players are just wanting to go elsewhere. Conklin never took our call. Glaskow chose the better organization. Gase will be fired mid season. Nobody wants a part of that mess. 

Gase is the real problem 

• Upvote 1

Just now, LockeJET said:

Its not $$$ related. players are just wanting to go elsewhere. Conklin never took our call. Glaskow chose the better organization. Gase will be fired mid season. Nobody wants a part of that mess. 

Is there evidence to any of this? Or is this like your opinion....

man

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ereck Flowers bad though? I dont think so

Flowers was deemed bad because of his draft status.  Parlayed his play into a $10M per contract.  PFF has Edoga ranked 79/81 tackles last year.  And to be honest, he’s proabably over rated.

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

Didn’t we think that Conklin would go for more than $14mm/year?   Isn’t that the number you look at, not the $20mm he gets paid in year 1?  Isn’t it a good thing that he wants a 3 year contract so he can hit the market again, rather than Trent Williams who is stuck in year 5 with a below market contract?

$14mm for Conklin is pretty good.  I also thought we would pay around $10mm for Vaitai? Why do we want to pay $9mm for a G that the Lions let go rather than pay $10.1 for a T?

Yeah the average salary was less than I thought. I was surprised by that.

Must be saving all the money for Jamal.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

yea, when you draft like he did... fck lol.  ...Not when you have a roster full of penis pumps. 

I'd say his successor Decosta has done a pretty good job in Baltimore to date as well. He got Peters and Campbell by trading from a pile of trash, including a kicker..   LOL

Maybe he's the one we should have hired way back then.

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wheres the report that we're losing Anderson?

And this team has never drafted under JD.  If hes drafting just like Macc and Idzik, then yes we're screwed no matter who we sign or lose

You can’t fix this team’s issues in one or two drafts.  We’ve been waiting a decade for the playoffs.  How bad is it going to be when the NFL expands the playoffs but we still miss it because we only added 3 starters to a bottom 5 talent team.  We can’t draft an entire OL, playmakers on offense, pass rushers, and corners in one or two drafts.  A team this bad needs an infusion of talent.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1