Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’m all for it, but someone should remind him he still has to field a team this fall. If he thinks the all rookie oline team is going to keep Sam upright - then fck him. He needs to be able to juggle long term plans with short term needs. 

enough of these one dimensional morons 

And if we are going to completely build through the draft while still losing the young talent (Anderson and Jenkins) then we are in a perpetual rebuild.  

When the team drafts as poorly as we have, it is going to take several years and several “Home runs” in the draft before we contend.

I remember the difference Faneca and Woody made to the entire organization.  Haven’t signed any free agents like them since.

• Upvote 3

One thing i would to get out of this someone is more draft capital.    I'd love to see us trade a player or two and get some more picks.  If you are going to build via the draft as is the mantra you need as many resources as possible.

No problem with Cleveland getting him if anyone they pick right before us better chance we get one of the ots to counteract the Arizona move which was bad for us OT wise.

Just now, mrcoops said:

Vaitai got massively overpaid. No loss there.

Hopefully, Jets can add Glasgow and Peters, then add at OT high in the draft.

Again, I think Douglas had a number in mind and wasn't willing to exceed it.  Good for him.  He better have a backup plan however.

• Upvote 2

Think people have to start accepting that we'll probably be bringing back a lot of our own guys. 

Beachum and Alex Lewis would probably be smart at this juncture. Even Brian Winters could be given another year. Given the contracts being handed out, paying Winters $7m is pennies. 

That said, if they land Glasgow and find a way to upgrade at RT, I'd still feel better about the line going into the season. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One thing i would to get out of this someone is more draft capital.    I'd love to see us trade a player or two and get some more picks.  If you are going to build via the draft as is the mantra you need as many resources as possible.

No problem with Cleveland getting him if anyone they pick right before us better chance we get one of the ots to counteract the Arizona move which was bad for us OT wise.

Experts still assume CLEVELAND is taking a LT, likely Beckton or Thomas.  Add NYG and AZ are taking OTs.  So we lost out on Thuney, Conklin, and Vaitai are gone and we will end up with a tier II OL like Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland at 11 out of complete desperation instead of taking a star WR like Ruggs, Jeudy, or Lamb.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Pcola said:

Experts still assume CLEVELAND is taking a LT, likely Beckton or Thomas.  Add NYG and AZ are taking OTs.  So we lost out on Thuney, Conklin, and Vaitai are gone and we will end up with a tier II OL like Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland at 11 out of complete desperation instead of taking a star WR like Ruggs, Jeudy, or Lamb.

Giants going defense I think

Just now, ElBarrioJets said:

Think people have to start accepting that we'll probably be bringing back a lot of our own guys. 

Beachum and Alex Lewis would probably be smart at this juncture. Even Brian Winters could be given another year. Given the contracts being handed out, giving Winters $7m is pennies. 

That said, if they land Glasgow and find a way to upgrade at RT, I'd still feel better about the line going into the season. 

We go back out there with the same line we had last year and Sam gets killed... and that's a promise.  Even if you use a number one pick on a T that eventually learns to play LT or RT.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Beachum and Alex Lewis would probably be smart at this juncture. Even Brian Winters could be given another year. Given the contracts being handed out, paying Winters $7m is pennies. 

That would be a disaster lol. 

Just now, pdxgreen said:

We go back out there with the same line we had last year and Sam gets killed... and that's a promise.  Even if you use a number one pick on a T that eventually learns to play LT or RT.

Yeah of course, which is why I said they should sign Glasgow and upgrade RT lol