Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Get used to uneventful boring FA periods under Douglas folks.  His belief in building through the draft is not smoke and mirrors/GM speak.

Maybe a splash here and there, but don't expect Macc levels of spending.

I’m all for it, but someone should remind him he still has to field a team this fall. If he thinks the all rookie oline team is going to keep Sam upright - then fck him. He needs to be able to juggle long term plans with short term needs. 

enough of these one dimensional morons 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Get used to uneventful boring FA periods under Douglas folks.  His belief in building through the draft is not smoke and mirrors/GM speak.

Maybe a splash here and there, but don't expect Macc levels of spending.

I hear ya. I'd really love to have the top end o-line guys but getting some value guys to provide depth behind (hopefully) high draft picks to shore up protection. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’m all for it, but someone should remind him he still has to field a team this fall. If he thinks the all rookie oline team is going to keep Sam upright - then fck him. He needs to be able to juggle long term plans with short term needs. 

Id be very surprised if we walk out of FA with 0 olineman signed... May not be the top line guys everyone is clamoring for but i would almost guarantee that we sign at least 2 veteran players to line up and play. 

9 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Amount of teams with multiple number ones is nuts this year.  Colts, Steelers, Rams, Bears and Texans all traded their picks away.

Yet, all those teams except chicago still have 4 picks between the 2nd and 4th rounds.  Where the value picks are.

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nah nothing that drastic.  I'm just referring to people who are jumping off a cliff because we didn't trade Bell for Nuk (Bell's contract makes that impossible), want us to give up our first for OBJ, etc.

Trust me.  I'm sure we'll sign people.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

3 yers/$42M.  Have to think we would have been willing to offer tha.  Gotta close a deal with Glasgow now.

gotta believe that we wanted a longer term deal and he was looking to cash in twice. the interest i know was very real in signing him, but if i had to guess the jets wanted a long term deal instead of a 3 year commitment. 

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Guess the Jets didn't want him as much as anticipated. Hard to believe they couldn't top a $14M PYA if they had really wanted him.

It is possible that Conklin wanted to go to Browns rather than Jets too and would only consider Jets if they massively overpayed (a la CJ Mosley), which JD may not have been willing to do.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

I really like Robby but to pay him $12-15 Million a year is too much. I'm not saying I want the Jets to get Jeffrey. I just see JD exploring that route cause of his ties with the Eagles.

Jeffrey restructured his deal to $12 mil

The money is differed

And Robbys better in every way at this point, plays more

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nah nothing that drastic.  I'm just referring to people who are jumping off a cliff because we didn't trade Bell for Nuk (Bell's contract makes that impossible), want us to give up our first for OBJ, etc.

Trust me.  I'm sure we'll sign people.

21822_10152868523375866_2072130390309905822_n.jpg.545f7f0f6a104003da1625f28799ab9c.jpg

• Post of the Week 1