Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

25 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Disgusting. We couldn’t attract a single OL free agent. The image of this team is tainted.

I have to agree that the numbers for both Vaitai and Glasgow look very good.  $11M per year for Glasgow and $10M for Vaitai.  Those were easily doable by this team.  There has to be something else at work here.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Douglas back on the sh*t-list.

I mean everything about this organization is awful. the owners, the fans (twitter specifically) , the media

Seriously it makes you wonder why you would even bother trying to be entertained by something that so many people are so determined to be miserable with. How something so popular in the country can bring about this much misery and people want to be miserable.

I know its beating a dead horse, but it's ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'd say his successor Decosta has done a pretty good job in Baltimore to date as well. He got Peters and Campbell by trading from a pile of trash, including a kicker..   LOL

Maybe he's the one we should have hired way back then.

Eric? Fck yea...

I wish I had listened to some of you about Hughes.  He doesn't know #$@.  Now he's reporting that we are after Van Roten and Wisniewski... Might as well be reading this board.  This information is about as reliable as my uncle talking about all the hot details on his date with the meter maid.  Nobody knows anything about what is going on now. 

2 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Didn't anyone on the board read the recent article on JD? He was trained by Ozzie who never signed big ticket free agents but instead went with mid level veterans. This strategy has worked out pretty well for the Ravens and Pats over the years. I'll wait until after FA and the draft to judge this new regime.

YES.... WHEN YOU DRAFT LIKE OZZIE, YOU CAN POACH LIKE OZZIE.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I agree. We have to get an impact guy and based on what we can get in the draft, edge makes so much sense.

Jets would ha e to overpay like crazy to get Fowler who has only had 1 good year and is a documented headcase

It still worth the risk tho

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Darnold is toast. The Jets are huge failures in everything they do and Idk why I expected anything different.

I literally laughed out loud! Come Back off the ledge man.. my third vodka and cranberry made me stop caring about 3 hours ago. That's the best I can offer you

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Jets would ha e to overpay like crazy to get Fowler who has only had 1 good year and is a documented headcase

It still worth the risk tho

I’d overpay for a guy to get the QB. Who was the last OL guy to be Super Bowl MVP?  Damn Macc drafting ReRun last year.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I mean everything about this organization is awful. the owners, the fans (twitter specifically) , the media

Seriously it makes you wonder why you would even bother trying to be entertained by something that so many people are so determined to be miserable with. How something so popular in the country can bring about this much misery and people want to be miserable.

I know its beating a dead horse, but it's ridiculous. 

Preaching to the choir here.  The level of incompetence we've dealt with doesn't make me angry or miserable.  It just makes me care less and less about professional football.

21 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

To be fair, restraint during the first few days of FA is probably the Ozzie way.  

Yeah, but that works a lot better when you are starting from a place of competence.  If we had a solid OL, I would not be sweating FA as much, but we have to find competent starters.  Cannot count on two or three rookies to come in and start. 

Still time to see how things play out, but I am not feeling good about how this first day has gone.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Preaching to the choir here.  The level of incompetence we've dealt with doesn't make me angry or miserable.  It just makes me care less and less about professional football.

Well it;s not just that. The incompetence doesn't matter. The world has a serious medical issue and yo have people on Twitter who want to murder Joe Dougla and Adam Gase  for sitting on their asses and ruining their day. I mean MY GOD.

Where is the perspective. Incompetence all over.

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think the Jets go Edge in F.A overpaying for Fowler or Clowney. I expect them to panic soon.

I’d think we go full on Oline in the Draft.

But that concerns me.  We may land a decent LT prospect in the Draft but can't expect a plug-n-play guy like we got with D'Brick.  I don't want 3 rookies protecting Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Exactly. So for JD to throw huge money at handful of FA's when we have 2/3 of a roster to fill is a sure recipe for disaster. The pile of steaming shi_ that Mac left in place of an NFL ready talent pool is really something incredible to behold.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Well it;s not just that. The incompetence doesn't matter. The world has a serious medical issue and yo have people on Twitter who want to murder Joe Douglas for sitting on his ass and ruining their day. I mean MY GOD.

Where is the perspective. Incompetence all over.

I don't know what else you expected.  People are hardcore fans.  Another bum GM, who is supposed to help out their franchise QB, bombing is bound to piss people off.

• Sympathy 1

Sign Lewis. Sign Beachum. Sign Cooper. Trade Adams.

I'm not a huge Cooper guy but I'd rather spend $$$ on offense than paying silly money on Clowney.

Draft Thomas at 11. Ruiz at 17. Lemieux at 48. Receiver at 68. 

Three rookies on the line isn't ideal, but that is where we are after today. 

You can show restraint if you draft lights out and build your team that way.

As a gm you succeed and fail in how you draft in the long run.

What this shows is simply what myself and a few others have said the last two years.  You never fix your oline via Fa these days.  Most good oline do not get to fa and those that do over half the league is after them.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

in fairness he hasnt had a draft yet to prove he cant be a good drafter.. It all remains to be seen.  

Im surprised we werent in on glasgow and vaitai at those prices, but there must be something more going on than we know of. 

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I feel like we talked about Wisniewski last year and didn't even want him then....anyone recall that?

Yup.  He was talked about last year as an option at C after we whiffed on starting Cs in free agency.  

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Sign Lewis. Sign Beachum. Sign Cooper. Trade Adams.

I'm not a huge Cooper guy but I'd rather spend $$$ on offense than paying silly money on Clowney.

At this point, i'm not even sure we could land Alex Lewis. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You can show restraint if you draft lights out and build your team that way.

As a gm you succeed and fail in how you draft in the long run.

What this shows is simply what myself and a few others have said the last two years.  You never fix your oline via Fa these days.  Most good oline do not get to fa and those that do over half the league is after them.

Unfortunately, we have a young QB entering his 3rd season on his rookie contract.  And we have not been able to put a solid OL in front of him.  We need a couple of solid starting OL in FA this seaso.  Can't count on finding 2 or 3 rookie OLs in the draft.  Hopefully JD can still pivot to plan B, C or D and we can put a competent veteran OL in front of Sam.  

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

I’d overpay for a guy to get the QB. Who was the last OL guy to be Super Bowl MVP?  Damn Macc drafting ReRun last year.

We need both OL and pass rusher but that’s been the case for the entire past decade

• Haha 1